Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Can You Truly Be a Christian If....

Old 03-12-2009, 04:47 PM

Unhappy Can You Truly Be a Christian If....

You are a racist and sometimes violent andso perverted it is disgusting?

My friend TJ< hes my friend, but sometimesa i truly douby about him. He says hes a christian, but yet he does things that are just bad.

Today we got into an argument about racism. He said that if he was president, any mexican who crossed the border would be sent to a concentrsation camp to be killed. He also said how he doesn't like it when ppl speak different languages than English, because if their in america they shou;ld speak English. I was trying to understand his point of view, but i just cant see how some one could be so racist! He also said, that the reason we have problems in the US is becuz of all the immigrants. THIS CXOUNTRY WAS FORMED BY IMMIGRANTS! I am not racist against ppl. I just dont understand how he can be so cruel.

Also another pronlem, is he is so perverted! He is always talking about sex, and other things i dont like to talk about. It's just disgusting to me! Sure, everyone will make a perverted joke once in a while, but he does it to almost everything someone says!

Also he is violent. Not really physical, but word violent. (sorry had a blonde moment and couldnt think of the right word :])

I like to joke around and be happy alot. I dont mean to offend anyone by it, but he says im annoying because i 'never have a bad day'. sure i have bad day! but i dont like to be mad all day. Besides ill just forgive them, and move on.He says how i am annoying when im happy. When he says all this it really hurts.

SOmetimes he can get so serious, about a joke, that when i laugh at him because he is making a big deal of it, one time he threatened that some day he would " shoot me and let me flow down the river with a knife in my back'. I know he didnt mean it, but when he says that, he culd really get in major trouble.

He is always blaming his bad behavior on his family too. NOTHING is ever hisa fault. I just dont see how someone can live so... mirable. I'm a free spirit, and like to laugh and be happy and its really hard when i have him in everyclass.

He is always constantly cussing. Its pretty disgusting too.

I know no1 is perfect, but seriously.

O and im not trying to gossip about him, i just dont know how to deal anymore!
&& im sorry if the racist parts above bother me, they ARE NOT my opinion. They are my friends.

ugg, he drives me insane!

Help :]]

Also, is global warming real? I think it is, but i just want to know some other opinions.

1 more ?.

How could people have lived for hundreds of years, as it says in Genesis??
Im, just kind of curious to how that works.

ANy ways, thats all my ?s for now

<333 Nikki :]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Can You Truly Be a Christian If....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingHimWithEveryStep View Post

My friend TJ< hes my friend, but sometimesa i truly douby about him. He says hes a christian, but yet he does things that are just bad.

Today we got into an argument about racism. He said that if he was president, any mexican who crossed the border would be sent to a concentrsation camp to be killed. He also said how he doesn't like it when ppl speak different languages than English, because if their in america they shou;ld speak English. I was trying to understand his point of view, but i just cant see how some one could be so racist! He also said, that the reason we have problems in the US is becuz of all the immigrants. THIS CXOUNTRY WAS FORMED BY IMMIGRANTS! I am not racist against ppl. I just dont understand how he can be so cruel.

Also another pronlem, is he is so perverted! He is always talking about sex, and other things i dont like to talk about. It's just disgusting to me! Sure, everyone will make a perverted joke once in a while, but he does it to almost everything someone says!

Also he is violent. Not really physical, but word violent. (sorry had a blonde moment and couldnt think of the right word :])

I like to joke around and be happy alot. I dont mean to offend anyone by it, but he says im annoying because i 'never have a bad day'. sure i have bad day! but i dont like to be mad all day. Besides ill just forgive them, and move on.He says how i am annoying when im happy. When he says all this it really hurts.

SOmetimes he can get so serious, about a joke, that when i laugh at him because he is making a big deal of it, one time he threatened that some day he would " shoot me and let me flow down the river with a knife in my back'. I know he didnt mean it, but when he says that, he culd really get in major trouble.

He is always blaming his bad behavior on his family too. NOTHING is ever hisa fault. I just dont see how someone can live so... mirable. I'm a free spirit, and like to laugh and be happy and its really hard when i have him in everyclass.

He is always constantly cussing. Its pretty disgusting too.

O and im not trying to gossip about him, i just dont know how to deal anymore!
&& im sorry if the racist parts above bother me, they ARE NOT my opinion. They are my friends.

ugg, he drives me insane!

Also, is global warming real? I think it is, but i just want to know some other opinions.

1 more ?.

ANy ways, thats all my ?s for now

<333 Nikki :]

Nikki, hey, your friend may still be a Christian and think and say bad things. Ask him if Jesus is his Lord and Savior to be sure. A Christian is someone that has been born again but although Christians are supposed to be Christ-like, not all are. That doesn't mean someone isn't a Christian, it just means they have a lot of growing up to do, in Christ. Ask him what makes him a Christian. See what his answer is. Question 2. Global warming is Global bologna. Question 3. People lived hundreds of years old back then probably because sin, disease, etc. was not as imbedded in society as it is today. We have so many things today that cause us not to have very long lifespans, so many diseases, cancers, etc. compared to back then. That's just my opinion about it. Keep asking questions!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Knight of the Forum

Hello Nikki,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingHimWithEveryStep View Post

Sometimes knowing a little bit of natural history is useful. The whole southwestern portion of the United States from California to Texas was once under Spain/Mexico. To this day there is still a very large percentage of the people there whose families lived there prior to any Caucasian. Do you realize how many of them were any of them cheated out of their inheritance by the white man? Do we even need to get into the raw deal given to the native Americans in that same region as well as in the rest of these "United" States?

Saying these things, I still love this country, but it is not the immigrants who have moved it so far away from, God. This country is moving away from God because too many people have never grown up even naturally much less in God. We all remain too selfish!

Quote:
LHWES: Also another pronlem, is he is so perverted! He is always talking about sex, and other things i dont like to talk about. It's just disgusting to me! Sure, everyone will make a perverted joke once in a while, but he does it to almost everything someone says!
Unfortunately, some people believe they have nothing else to give and want to be the center of something important. On the other hand, Nikki, you have something that many worldly people will want when they recognize it. Let them recognize it by not returning hate for hate, but always returning charity [I Cor 13:4-7]for whatever they are giving.

Remember Peter's words:

"...Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee..." Acts 3:6

Quote:
LHWES: Also he is violent. Not really physical, but word violent. (sorry had a blonde moment and couldnt think of the right word :])
Fight him little sister with your charity. Work on it. Pray that God will make His charity part of you in everything that you do and say!

Quote:
LHWES: I like to joke around and be happy alot. I dont mean to offend anyone by it, but he says im annoying because i 'never have a bad day'. sure i have bad day! but i dont like to be mad all day. Besides ill just forgive them, and move on.He says how i am annoying when im happy. When he says all this it really hurts.
"Jesus wept." John 11:35

It was not because His friend had naturally died that Jesus wept, but it was because He loved people so much and they often not only did not care, but threw it back up in His face.

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" Matt 23:37

Quote:
LHWES: SOmetimes he can get so serious, about a joke, that when i laugh at him because he is making a big deal of it, one time he threatened that some day he would " shoot me and let me flow down the river with a knife in my back'. I know he didnt mean it, but when he says that, he culd really get in major trouble.
Be careful, never submitting to him in any way. Put you trust always in Jesus! We can never trust man for even the best of men will fail at times, but we can always trust our Lord!

Quote:
LHWES: He is always blaming his bad behavior on his family too. NOTHING is ever hisa fault. I just dont see how someone can live so... mirable. I'm a free spirit, and like to laugh and be happy and its really hard when i have him in everyclass.
"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Gal 6:9

It may be very difficult not to get weary, but pray often and sincerely. The Lord will give you whatever is needed to make it through.

Quote:
LHWES: He is always constantly cussing. Its pretty disgusting too.

Seriously! The only way you can keep yourself apart from what is a part of your natural life, is to have keep God's Spirit in your heart at all times so that you will know when to be silent, if speech is required, what to say. When you can you will want to avoid association with people who test your faith too much, but I know that that is not always possible. It is, however, always possible to have the Holy Ghost in your heart.

Quote:
LHWES: O and im not trying to gossip about him, i just dont know how to deal anymore!
You are not gossiping! You haven't mentioned his name once, and probably every one here on this forum has had to deal with similar traits in people in their own walks with God. You are talking about your problems and unfortunately his or [their] problems do affect you.

Quote:
LHWES: ugg, he drives me insane!

I am continuing to pray for you and your situation. Glory to His name!

Quote:
LHWES: Also, is global warming real? I think it is, but i just want to know some other opinions.
It may be real, but worse than global warming is the chilling of human hearts when it comes to God.

Quote:
LHWES; 1 more ?.

My grandmother died 3 years ago at the grand old age of 100 years and 6 months. When she was a little girl she moved with her family from Texas to Oklahoma with all of their belongings in a covered wagon. Where was Interstate 35 in those days? How does that work?

Give God all of the glory always!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Keturah

The Bible says, By their fruits you will know them.

If the fruit in his life is perpetually bad I would depart from his friendship, and pray for him.
He either is only a professing christian, and not real, or a very carnal christian.
Paul had words to say about a man that had his Fathers own wife, and he was excommunicated for a time, so his soul might be saved. IN 2nd Corinthians he repented and was restored.
Sounds like someone needs to care enough to confront him about his carnal walk, to say the least. That may be you, for such a time, as this.
Do you think so, maybe?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Prayer Warrior & Knight

the bible says to bless those who curse you Nikki

so keep blessing him , whether its in his presence, or in prayer!

God bless you! WO:
Old 03-13-2009, 06:40 AM

Nikki, people in Genesis lived hundred years, cause God permitted it. In the age of Noah, God saw how wicked people were and God gave limit to people's age. (Genesis 6:3)