Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > My theory why Christians disagree.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default My theory why Christians disagree.

My theory why Christians disagree.

Let's see. It seems no Christians think exactly alike. My theory is we are finite no one knows everything about everything.

How about that for a start ? Perhaps the next question is how can we be on the same page ?

Please share your insight if you feel like sharing.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-04-2017, 01:16 AM

Default Re: My theory why Christians disagree.

In another thread it has been suggested that those who are led by God in their decisions are obviously correct. I would not have an argument about that. Except that different Christians with differing opinions all tell me that they are led by God.

They can't all be right. So how does one tell?
Old 12-04-2017, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
My theory why Christians disagree.

Let's see. It seems no Christians think exactly alike. My theory is we are finite no one knows everything about everything.

How about that for a start ? Perhaps the next question is how can we be on the same page ?

Please share your insight if you feel like sharing.

ped
No one knows everything about everything, but everyone knows God is talking to them. For argument's sake, let's say Christians are evenly divided between Catholics and Protestants. If you are all going to be on the same page, half of you will have to admit that God hasn't really been talking to you this whole time. Will it be your half or the other half?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-04-2017, 07:42 AM

that is the big mistake because God does not talk to us - God /HS only talks to His Church = see Jn 5:37 - twinc
Old 12-04-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinc View Post
that is the big mistake because God does not talk to us - God /HS only talks to His Church = see Jn 5:37 - twinc
If you going to attempt to quote Scripture at least get it correct, as far as the context is concerned, and then maybe you will understand what it actually does say.

Joh 5:37,38
37) And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
38) And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

Jesus was speaking to the Jews, Not to Christians, they did not believe He was the Messiah.

Your understanding that God does not speak to Christians is therefore bogas.

Whoever told you God only speaks to the Church, and through the Church, has lied to you, that is FALSE TEACHING and a Doctrine of man.

No wonder you are constantly wrong in your beliefs

Last edited by Lookinforacity : 12-05-2017 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:32 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPuckett View Post
No one knows everything about everything,
It is recorded in us somewhere. Truth.
Our elemental being is made up from all the elements of the universe.
All that comes from God. Is God. God can reveal truth to whom He pleases.
Quote:
but everyone knows God is talking to them.
Love touches on the truth. When we love we touch on the all creative being of God.

Quote:
For argument's sake, let's say Christians are evenly divided between Catholics and Protestants. If you are all going to be on the same page, half of you will have to admit that God hasn't really been talking to you this whole time.
Yes, I agree.

Quote:
Will it be your half or the other half?
When we love we touch on the all creative being of God.

Christ really loved. Like, He epitomises love.
We have the testimony of Christ and it is still difficult the fathom His being.
The best we can do is love Him and believe Him. Even that is difficult to do. It takes supernatural forces beyond us to enter us, being the Holy Spirit. God gifts the Holy Spirit to whom He chooses.

Ask, Seek, Knock
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

The Narrow and Wide Gates
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

This is very very difficult because our flesh opposes this love.
I suspect you will oppose it in your thinking of a reply.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
It is recorded in us somewhere.

The best we can do is love Him and believe Him. Even that is difficult to do. It takes supernatural forces beyond us to enter us, being the Holy Spirit. God gifts the Holy Spirit to whom He chooses.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
They can't all be right. So how does one tell?
Well yes, it does take a supernatural force Cinder, and God should not be underestimated for not holding up His part of the deal. Not saying you are, but I am taking note how easy that would be to slip into lest we pass over the answer you provided in V-11
Quote:
“, , how much more will your Father in heaven give”
Others, like Brad (welcome back) sail it right off into the blue with ’how does one tell

In my-O, Ped is in the right direction but most everyone knows so much is still a mystery, still, secures the solid “same page” start, with your Father in heaven will “give”, with Paul’s same page start,
“The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,”
(Romans 8:16)
But I realize that may sound a little too transparent to apply, but not really; because not only is the Spirit known to take man to the heavenliest of gifts, and guard our day-to-day with the law of life in the Spirit, , He is also that aid to the very fiber of God’s children to give them the most fundamental start of all, a “sound mind” and “same mind” and “speak the same thing”.

(2 Timothy 1:7, 1 Corinthians 1:10)

It seems those jumps from the testifying Spirit to soundness to sameness would confirm Cinder's apprehensions, but they wouldn't be there if it were not possible.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
If you going to attempt to quote Scripture at least get it correct, as far as the context is concerned, and then maybe you will understand what it actually does say.

Joh 5:37,38
37) And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
38) And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

Jesus was speaking to the Jews, Not to Christians, they did not believe He was the Messiah.

Your understanding that God does not speak to Christians is therefore bogas.

Whoever told you God only speaks to the Church, and through the Church, has lied to you, that is FALSE TEACHING and a Doctrine of man.

No wonder you are constantly wrong in your beliefs

according to you - but Jesus said my sheep hear my voice = how = he who hears you hears me = not you or any Tom, Richard or Mary - twinc
Old 12-05-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinc View Post
according to you - but Jesus said my sheep hear my voice = how = he who hears you hears me = not you or any Tom, Richard or Mary - twinc
No that's according to Scripture which you don't Respect at all.
You really don't have a clue.

Keeping up with your same old games I see, never committing to anything of any value just smart ---- answers, and never backing up what you say.

Last edited by Lookinforacity : 12-05-2017 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
I suspect you will oppose it in your thinking of a reply.
My reply has nothing to do with love, it's very simple.

Christians will continue to disagree for as long as everyone who disagrees holds onto the belief that they can't be wrong. As long as they believe they have gotten their revelation directly from God, they must believe that they can't be wrong.

The denominations can only come together when someone is prepared to say they are wrong. There is more chance of the Fonz doing that.