Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Baptism of Peace

Old 11-10-2017, 03:48 AM

Default Baptism of Peace

There is one thing aside from the obedience to the scriptures that I find most important about water-baptism and that is not the technique, but the effort that counts towards rounding-out our drawing near to make that initial peace with God, coupled with prayer, just as Jesus did. Then, may that peace like a Dove come to descend upon our lives.

Oh’ precious Lamb of God, thank you for the peace that came from heaven to descend upon us, Hallelujah!!
“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.”
Oh’ mighty and compassionate Savior, your truth endures forever, in our many travels, even now Lord help us to minister your Gospel of peace to the lost so that they too may know true peace.
“Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.”
(John 14:27, Matthew 10:34)

Secured only by looking unto Jesus.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Baptism of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
There is one thing aside from the obedience to the scriptures that I find most important about water-baptism and that is not the technique, but the effort that counts towards rounding-out our drawing near to make that initial peace with God, coupled with prayer, just as Jesus did. Then, may that peace like a Dove come to descend upon our lives.

Oh’ precious Lamb of God, thank you for the peace that came from heaven to descend upon us, Hallelujah!!
“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.”
Oh’ mighty and compassionate Savior, your truth endures forever, in our many travels, even now Lord help us to minister your Gospel of peace to the lost so that they too may know true peace.
“Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.”

Yes God gives us peace but we like sheep get distracted sometimes and we are troubled, confused, restless, lost. But we can always return to our pasture, to our God who is a God of peace through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-10-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
Yes God gives us peace but we like sheep get distracted sometimes and we are troubled, confused, restless, lost. But we can always return to our pasture, to our God who is a God of peace through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

ped
Hello! Oh yeah, good point! As it’s written, through much tribulation we enter the kingdom of God to exp that peace, even blackened from that time to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, doing the thing we wouldn’t yet finally mortifying misdeeds of all this with certainty (or, an accumulation of His leading realized by success). Unlike the psychologists of our time who insist less, only notice, , partly right for peace but far less of an outcome saying,
“, , how do you live in such a world without
experiencing losing-control anxiety?
You give up demanding certainty.

, , having the courage to accept yourself
as inherently flawed; as part of a
universe that offers no guarantees,
and as a being that lives imperfectly
in this imperfect universe.”
But let’s go ahead and throw in everything surrounding ‘making sure our sin finds us out’, it is true, we are finally spared and comforted. Should we have doubted God sees every waking struggle that works endlessly to break our trust? IMO, no praise God.
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which has great recompense of reward.
(Hebrews 10:35)
Old 11-10-2017, 05:22 PM

The verses you quote have troubled me for a long time (appearing contradictory). How could they be explained? Perhaps peace is almost? assured in Heaven-although some Angels fell-but seldom if ever on earth?
Old 11-11-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschator83 View Post
The verses you quote have troubled me for a long time (appearing contradictory). How could they be explained? Perhaps peace is almost? assured in Heaven-although some Angels fell-but seldom if ever on earth?
Another excellent point! As far as the people are concerned, you speak for all of us, as sands of the sea. We’re all in it together Just as Paul,
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

For the flesh craves what is contrary to the Spirit,

(Romans 7:23, Galatians 5:17)
Sin, an adversary to true peace. But then the man (Paul) uses that same mind that battles to tell us by the Spirit that the elusive Dove of peace eventually appeared for him, confirmed in the next two verses,
“, , who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Here, in this battle the Lord is quite aware, and is also near and will draw near with peace from God the Father.

Personally, I went for years before seeing the apparent conflict you brought up. Some of us might have a problem agreeing with me here; It isn’t a matter of whether or not you’re in the thick of the battle (Acts 14:22), the very thing to anticipate in however much is that appearance of renewed strength as we agree with the text that yes, the Dove IS sent and actually becomes deliverance, is the entering into the kingdom, and we must anticipate it.

That is the elusive (Dove), unsearchable, richness of Christ. Most from what I can tell may not feel it, but this I am certain of, they function to varying success but are not aware of it, just how deep that Helper administers our needs, I think, is whether or not we are steadfast in agreement and patience remains in place to endure the trial.

Is peace “almost”. Oh my no, no-no, the apparent conflict between the two verses are just two more ringing in the dividing rewards and spoils of harvest, separating tares/wheat, wielding the ‘sword’ and ‘comfort’. The only thing the two have in common is to engage a response to the truth. The recipient of true peace agrees with the Apostle, Jesus and deny the wide-road of love of the world. The recipient of the sword agrees with the flesh “accept yourself as inherently flawed” (post-3).

For the long-haul, stay in, the reward is on the way.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Knight of the Forum

Fall on the sword of truth. Through the heart

39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

But each will want to rebel against the one who wants to rule over the other and swords will be turned on each other because of perceived truth from the inclinations of the heart.

24 But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts.

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

But the truth is truth.

38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Enter into the Sanctuary.

12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”[b]
17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.”[c]
18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

A Call to Persevere in Faith
19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post

39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

But each will want to rebel against the one who wants to rule over the other and swords will be turned on each other because of perceived truth from the inclinations of the heart.

24 But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts.

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

But the truth is truth.

38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Enter into the Sanctuary.

12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”[b]
17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.”[c]
18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

A Call to Persevere in Faith
19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Wishing to understand your position here at the top, , Can you give me an example of "perceived truth"? If possible, while giving consideration to saving our life in coming to Jesus for that "light" burden with "all" our cares given to Him, does indeed present itself quite doable.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:

imho Baptism is the source of great contention because it is not correctly understood even though Jesus clearly taught it both by word and example - see Mk1:9-12 - twinc
Old 11-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Wishing to understand your position here at the top, , Can you give me an example of "perceived truth"? If possible, while giving consideration to saving our life in coming to Jesus for that "light" burden with "all" our cares given to Him, does indeed present itself quite doable.
From the inclinations of our heart before indwelling of the Holy Spirit, we have our perceived truths from our life circumstances and react from those inclinations.
Usually rebelling from influence of our parents, relatives control either by personality or traditions.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:

But
each will want to rebel against the one who wants to rule over the other and swords will be turned on each other because of perceived truth from the inclinations of the heart.

Quote:
Can you give me an example of "perceived truth"? If possible, while giving consideration to saving our life in coming to Jesus for that "light" burden with "all" our cares given to Him, does indeed present itself quite doable.
Quote:
From the inclinations of our heart before indwelling of the Holy Spirit, we have our perceived truths from our life circumstances and react from those inclinations.
Usually rebelling from influence of our parents, relatives control either by personality or traditions.
Perhaps you unknowingly erred by the inclusion of the emphasized “for my sake” regenerated of mind which would have by then abolished all such patterns of thinking.
Quote:
Every wise man understands and acts on the maxim, “dying to live”. - Expositor's Greek