Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Are we in the age of extreme privacy ?

Old 10-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Are we in the age of extreme privacy ?

Are we in the age of extreme privacy ?

What i mean is , we can not just walk by a person and ask how is he doing ? Again i mean person to person. Not surveilance of individuals. Can our simple and honest question be taken as invasion of privacy ?

Please share your insight.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-13-2017, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Are we in the age of extreme privacy ?

We are. But we are in the age of many extremes, there is extreme offensiveness, racial divides and theological misunderstandings and many of which affect that privacy.

Today, speaking of the condition of stateside culture and continuing right on back to the founding, it wasn’t like such reasons for privacy were non-existent, it just wasn’t being exploited by journalism 60-plus yrs ago like it has grown to be.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-13-2017, 07:24 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
Are we in the age of extreme privacy ?

What i mean is , we can not just walk by a person and ask how is he doing ? Again i mean person to person. Not surveilance of individuals. Can our simple and honest question be taken as invasion of privacy ?

Please share your insight.

ped
Are you talking about just saying hello with interest on how they are doing, or having a sense of urgency evangelising to them, warning they may miss out on the rapture or worst, go to hell?
Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Saviour?
Old 10-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
Are you talking about just saying hello with interest on how they are doing, or having a sense of urgency evangelising to them, warning they may miss out on the rapture or worst, go to hell?
Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Saviour?
Actually i was asking a former co- worker in another department on some possible advice on his line thinking it was pleasant for him. He retorted why are you asking this ? seems in a suspecting way.

On your other question which pertains to evangelism I usually wear a shirt with Christian writings in public but I only present the gospel after requesting permission or establish some kind of rapport

Since i am in public i also need to be careful on what i write, since someone might take it the wrong way.

There are some people in the park that i am trying to share the gospel when they seem receptive for over 20 years.

ped
Old 10-14-2017, 10:50 AM
Knight of the Forum

Having read through your thread I was wondering if I could or should greet the man on the street or in a public store [e.g. Walmart] with a simple "Glory to God"...
Old 10-14-2017, 02:33 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Having read through your thread I was wondering if I could or should greet the man on the street or in a public store [e.g. Walmart] with a simple "Glory to God"...
I heard some sermon by Jimmy Swaggart about a worker singing or yelling 'glory" or " glory to God".

Since we do not know how the other person will respond, i'll probably ask the Holy Spirit first.

Some by the way use "Jesus loves you".

BTW i used to have a t-shirt with that phrase. " Glory to God", Glory to Christ Jesus ".

ped
Old 10-14-2017, 04:55 PM

There is no privacy anymore in the 21st century

Quote:
Actually i was asking a former co- worker in another department on some possible advice on his line thinking it was pleasant for him. He retorted why are you asking this ? seems in a suspecting way.
maybe he was having a bad day or he could be the suspicious type
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:30 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
There is no privacy anymore in the 21st century

maybe he was having a bad day or he could be the suspicious type
You could be right.

ped
Old 10-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
I heard some sermon by Jimmy Swaggart about a worker singing or yelling 'glory" or " glory to God".

Since we do not know how the other person will respond, i'll probably ask the Holy Spirit first.

Some by the way use "Jesus loves you".

BTW i used to have a t-shirt with that phrase. " Glory to God", Glory to Christ Jesus ".

ped
I found the shirt i mean the picture of the shirt. The actual shirt is already gone. To those curious it is now my temporary avatar.

ped
Old 10-14-2017, 07:30 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
I found the shirt i mean the picture of the shirt. The actual shirt is already gone. To those curious it is now my temporary avatar.

ped
Good show, Ped. I appreciate you sharing it with us here. Little things like pictures or songs can bring back old memories we had not thought about for a very long time. I am fortunate to have many thousands of pictures now all on my computer. Sometimes I will go through to remember some of those times and experiences.

« Jeremiah 17:9 | - »