Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > The Future of This Site

Old 08-11-2017, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Default The Future of This Site

Hello,

I first want to apologize for anyone that has contacted me and I did not respond... I've been working long weeks and dealing with family/houses/school/etc. and things just got away from me. Thank you to the moderators and members that have dedicated their time to keeping the forum alive as long as it has - despite my lack of participation.

I think the only way to properly run this site going forward is if I'm actively moderating the content and monitoring/fixing technical issues -- and unfortunately, time is not on my side. That said, I may end up temporarily disabling the site or moving it to a more controlled platform (like youtube). I have not decided but will keep you posted.

I know many of you here have the same sense as I do -- that God's fingerprints are involved in this forum and with the members -- starting with the core concept of the Christian Forum that inspired this online forum. Therefore, what happens going forward is up to Him.

Again, I apologize for the 'free for all' atmosphere that has occurred and thank you again for the members that have stuck with us.

Will keep you posted.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-11-2017, 06:01 PM

Default Re: The Future of This Site

Will pray for you Mark.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-11-2017, 07:54 PM

A diamond in the rough is hard enough to find. Sad to think this one may slip through our fingers.
Will pray that God will guide us all.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:01 AM

It would be a genuine shame if what once was a place that encouraged and accepted vigorous debate on many subjects was run into the ground by the actions of just a few.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:32 PM
Knight of the Forum

Thanks for the status, Mark. I've got you in prayer no matter what the final result. I would hate to see it gone.

I remember long ago when your father was periodically around and you were a regular here. Hopefully, you will be able to keep something for those who wish it.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the replies... just a note... I'm not going to delete/remove content. Maybe shut down a few areas to save on resources. I do like the forum and think this area should remain open -- even if it gets a little wild at times.

One problem I've noticed over the years (with any online forum) is the damage one or two "mis-guided" members can cause. If everyone is given an equal platform to talk, then the content and message becomes a bit messy. Of course, this can be curtailed by heavy moderation (but therein lies the problem). Time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
I remember long ago when your father was periodically around and you were a regular here. Hopefully, you will be able to keep something for those who wish it.
My father actually has a renewed interest in this forum and other ideas for the christian forum. However, he's been very limited on time as well (and getting over some health issues). Hopefully, we'll see a renewal here or a positive change of some type (instead of shutting down). That said, no changes either way in the very near future (ill keep everyone updated).

Thanks for the prayers... please keep them coming!!
Old 08-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
My father actually has a renewed interest in this forum and other ideas for the christian forum. However, he's been very limited on time as well (and getting over some health issues). Hopefully, we'll see a renewal here or a positive change of some type (instead of shutting down). That said, no changes either way in the very near future (ill keep everyone updated).

Thanks for the prayers... please keep them coming!!
Thanks Mark. I am glad to hear your father is remembering as well with interest in what this has been and could be.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Thanks Mark. I am glad to hear your father is remembering as well with interest in what this has been and could be.
Concur with the same, thanks Mark.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:10 PM

T2O has truly been a consistent motivation to examine and attempt to express my Faith, and I am deeply grateful for all your efforts to keep it open. I add my prayers for you, your family, and the site. I'm very sorry that you have other conflicts and disappointments with the site, but I assure you that I believe it is more effective in motivating discussion of Faith than most other sites I've visited.