Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > True To Ourselves?

Old 08-07-2017, 04:42 PM

Default True To Ourselves?

How do you know you are true to yourself?

[edited as] How do you know you are True to yourself?

Last edited by Peter : 08-08-2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: To add clarification
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-08-2017, 06:24 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: True To Ourselves?

You would be dead and in spirit otherwise you might be trying.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:56 PM

The site title doesn't mean being true to yourself, no matter whether you are a saint or psychotic mass murderer and rapist. It means being true to your faith, even if its different somewhat from other Christian sects. Yet sharing and fellowshipping with those other sects.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-08-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
You would be dead and in spirit otherwise you might be trying.
In that trying, how do you know that you are, when you are, True to yourself?
Old 08-08-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
The site title doesn't mean being true to yourself, no matter whether you are a saint or psychotic mass murderer and rapist. It means being true to your faith, even if its different somewhat from other Christian sects. Yet sharing and fellowshipping with those other sects.
Thanks for clarification. I edited the OP to mean Truth and not truth (as in factual).
Old 08-09-2017, 03:05 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
In that trying, how do you know that you are,
My point is you would be resurrected and then all will be revealed about yourself.

Quote:
when you are,
That is when it is. If your faith is true then you would be dead and in the spirit before you die.

Quote:
True to yourself?
That is the theory behind being a child of God.

23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

If you are not worshipping in the Spirit who testifies with your spirit then as a Christian you would/should be trying.

The disciples were trying but their faith had dissipated at Jesus's final hour and up until they saw Him resurrected. Then the Holy Spirit came into their spirits.
The rest is history of the testimony in Spirit and truth to the truth.

When we see Jesus face to face then we will know if we walked the walk or just talked the talk.
If we don't already know that about ourselves.
God sees into our hearts so it is best we are honest with God.

Lord have mercy!
Old 08-09-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
...When we see Jesus face to face then we will know if we walked the walk or just talked the talk.
If we don't already know that about ourselves.(Peter's underlining)
God sees into our hearts so it is best we are honest with God.

Lord have mercy!
God is Truth, so honesty is already relating to God, regardless if we are honest to our self or to another. God knows our truth, so too can we if we have enough faith to be exposed and vulnerable to it.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:07 AM
Representative Clergy

FWIW, I always objected to the name of this website from its inception. I felt it should be called "true2God" or "truebeforeGod" or something like that. I was there at its launch (physically), so I tell you the truth. I still think that the site should continue (with old information preserved) under a new name. I think that this site would bear far more fruit if it had a more Theo-centric name. I have always thought that it being about "us" and "ourselves" at the center was a dead end. I have posted much on this site, much of it in the past, so I don't want all that to go away. But I do want the name to go away and I stated that at the beginning. I want the site to remain but the name to be killed in the name of all that is God-centered.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:06 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsinbigler View Post
FWIW, I always objected to the name of this website from its inception. I felt it should be called "true2God" or "truebeforeGod" or something like that. I was there at its launch (physically), so I tell you the truth. I still think that the site should continue (with old information preserved) under a new name. I think that this site would bear far more fruit if it had a more Theo-centric name. I have always thought that it being about "us" and "ourselves" at the center was a dead end. I have posted much on this site, much of it in the past, so I don't want all that to go away. But I do want the name to go away and I stated that at the beginning. I want the site to remain but the name to be killed in the name of all that is God-centered.
"truebeforeGod" is a really great concept but I think more posts have shown posters have been more true to ourselves rather than God which kind of makes the site aptly named.
Would we post more true before God, bear more fruit, if the site was named that way?
It's possible but probably unlikely.
Being suspended would be an abomination to an extent.
It's really good what you say tho.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:21 PM

For me, True to ourselves refers to being true to the Spirit, by actually being true.
Being true to God easily becomes focused on what we claim to know from the bible yet not live it.