Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

Old 07-14-2017, 08:29 PM

Default The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

I will prove the following two propositions:

1) 666 is a biblical allusion to a man’s name in the Old Testament: Adonikam.

2) The Holy Spirit inspired this Riddle to strengthen the faith of the generation alive in the End Time that will see Adonikam rise to become the Antichrist Beast.

We solve riddles by heeding its details, and spotting any double entendre hinting at a solution. For example, Samson’s riddle (Judges 14:14) contained the solution, honey eaten from the carcass of a lion (Judges 14:8-9, 18):

Quote:
So he said to them: “Out of the eater came something to eat, And out of the strong came something sweet.” Now for three days they could not explain the riddle. (Jdg. 14:14) NKJ

The word “lion” in Hebrew (ʾarî) is almost identical to an Arabic word for “honey” (ʾary).-Wolf, H. (1992). Judges. In F. E. Gaebelein (Ed.), The Expositor’s Bible Commentary: Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel (Vol. 3, p. 468). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House.
Lets Solve the 666 Meaning:

Quote:
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (Rev. 13:18) KJV
John said 666 is the number OF a man, not the number of a name. That’s double entendre, 666 springs from the man, 666 exists because of what the man is or does, it is not his name in code. We must pay attention to the detail with strictness, John insisted we COUNT to arrive at 666, that is one half of the equation. To solve the riddle we must deduce the missing half of the equation that equals 666 and then determine what man caused that calculation to exist, for it is “OF” him. Therefore Gematria, numerology, symbolic meaning, etc. are completely irrelevant.

Lets review other details to find what else is implied in the wording:

This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666. (Rev. 13:18) ESV

Christians seek wisdom in scripture, therefore John’s call for it must involve the Bible. Adonikam is the only Bible name of a man 666 and a calculation point to that everyone (3588 ὁ ho) understanding the Bible can find. Once directly (Ezra 2:13) and once after a calculation (Neh. 7:18) subtracting Adonikam’s father who must have had the same name, so 667-1=666 still points to Adonikam. The only man directly causing 666 to exist and also the calculation resulting in 666 to exist, is the man Adonikam. As John thus says he is the Beast, 666 is the number OF the Beast also:

The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six. (Ezr. 2:13) KJV

The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven. (Neh. 7:18) KJV

Having these two verses point to the same name is like having “two witnesses” establishing the matter (Deut. 19:15).

Adonikam alone is the elegant solution, it alone assembles John’s puzzle following all his requirements and still satisfies his expectation anyone with Bible wisdom will discover the one name he had in mind when he penned this riddle.

Not so Kabbalistic Gematria. The pieces just do not fit, and regardless how it is tweaked, so many names are produced it will never satisfy John’s expectation only one name will result and the probability the reader will pick the name John had in mind is infinitesimal.

Continues at my site
endtimenews.net
Old 07-15-2017, 03:06 AM

Default Re: The Meaning of 666, The Reason for the Riddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredPersson View Post
I will prove the following two propositions:

1) 666 is a biblical allusion to a man’s name in the Old Testament: Adonikam.

2) The Holy Spirit inspired this Riddle to strengthen the faith of the generation alive in the End Time that will see Adonikam rise to become the Antichrist Beast.

We solve riddles by heeding its details, and spotting any double entendre hinting at a solution. For example, Samson’s riddle (Judges 14:14) contained the solution, honey eaten from the carcass of a lion (Judges 14:8-9, 18):

Lets Solve the 666 Meaning:

John said 666 is the number OF a man, not the number of a name. That’s double entendre, 666 springs from the man, 666 exists because of what the man is or does, it is not his name in code. We must pay attention to the detail with strictness, John insisted we COUNT to arrive at 666, that is one half of the equation. To solve the riddle we must deduce the missing half of the equation that equals 666 and then determine what man caused that calculation to exist, for it is “OF” him. Therefore Gematria, numerology, symbolic meaning, etc. are completely irrelevant.

Lets review other details to find what else is implied in the wording:

This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666. (Rev. 13:18) ESV

Christians seek wisdom in scripture, therefore John’s call for it must involve the Bible. Adonikam is the only Bible name of a man 666 and a calculation point to that everyone (3588 ὁ ho) understanding the Bible can find. Once directly (Ezra 2:13) and once after a calculation (Neh. 7:18) subtracting Adonikam’s father who must have had the same name, so 667-1=666 still points to Adonikam. The only man directly causing 666 to exist and also the calculation resulting in 666 to exist, is the man Adonikam. As John thus says he is the Beast, 666 is the number OF the Beast also:

Having these two verses point to the same name is like having “two witnesses” establishing the matter (Deut. 19:15).

Adonikam alone is the elegant solution, it alone assembles John’s puzzle following all his requirements and still satisfies his expectation anyone with Bible wisdom will discover the one name he had in mind when he penned this riddle.

Not so Kabbalistic Gematria. The pieces just do not fit, and regardless how it is tweaked, so many names are produced it will never satisfy John’s expectation only one name will result and the probability the reader will pick the name John had in mind is infinitesimal.

Continues at my site
endtimenews.net
My humble opinion is God doesn't confuse the Saints or anyone looking for salvation with a riddled bible. If he were to do that think how many lost forever souls there would be. Look how easy it is to understand that Adam and Eve didn't eat an apple , orange or a pear...rather it was the sex involving the pair on the ground, which is to say Eve and the beast having adulteress sex. But do you realize many still think that God tempted Adam and Eve with an apple. LOL! And these are grown adults who believe that too. The bible is already confusing people minus any riddle, I just don't think a loving , caring father would riddle a book that means life or death. Especially in the end times.

Kind Regards

For God so loved the world ,that he gave his only son, that whosoever believe upon him shall not parish , but have ever lasting life

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-15-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBoone View Post
My humble opinion is God doesn't confuse the Saints or anyone looking for salvation with a riddled bible. If he were to do that think how many lost forever souls there would be. Look how easy it is to understand that Adam and Eve didn't eat an apple , orange or a pear...rather it was the sex involving the pair on the ground, which is to say Eve and the beast having adulteress sex. But do you realize many still think that God tempted Adam and Eve with an apple. LOL! And these are grown adults who believe that too. The bible is already confusing people minus any riddle, I just don't think a loving , caring father would riddle a book that means life or death. Especially in the end times.

Kind Regards
If I didn't see a worthy reason for the riddle, without agreeing the apple was adulterous sex (no one else around to commit adultery with), I'd agree with a symbolic interpretation.

But I do see a worthy reason, it supports the doctrine of providential preservation of scripture. The solution depends upon both 666 and 667 being right, correct. Which means resisting the temptation to reconcile these numbers was the right thing for copyists to do.

That inspires faith in God's word, which will be sorely needed in the end time when apostasy has overtaken Christendom and everything is attacking the trustworthiness of the Bible.

Seeing it nailed the name of the Beast precisely is a must in my opinion, any
"symbolic" interpretation will be laughed at by mockers in the end time.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
If I didn't see a worthy reason for the riddle, without agreeing the apple was adulterous sex (no one else around to commit adultery with), I'd agree with a symbolic interpretation.

But I do see a worthy reason, it supports the doctrine of providential preservation of scripture. The solution depends upon both 666 and 667 being right, correct. Which means resisting the temptation to reconcile these numbers was the right thing for copyists to do.

That inspires faith in God's word, which will be sorely needed in the end time when apostasy has overtaken Christendom and everything is attacking the trustworthiness of the Bible.

whats 667 ?

For God so loved the world ,that he gave his only son, that whosoever believe upon him shall not parish , but have ever lasting life

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-15-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:

UMM, what is 667 ?

Old 07-15-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
UMM, what is 667 ?
Read the riddle carefully, John says the answer is 666. That one counts to arrive at that number, and it indicates a name. That two ways the same name is pointed to, once directly, once after counting:

666 directly points to Adonikam in Ezra

One must subtract Adonikam's father from 667, to obtain 666 which again points to the same name.

That is how 666 and the counting 667-1=666 are OF the man, OF the Beast, OF the Name (Rev. 13:17). Its genitive, neither the number or the equation would exist if Adonikam didn't have the children he had, so its "OF" him.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Read the riddle carefully, John says the answer is 666. That one counts to arrive at that number, and it indicates a name. That two ways the same name is pointed to, once directly, once after counting:

666 directly points to Adonikam in Ezra

One must subtract Adonikam's father from 667, to obtain 666 which again points to the same name.

That is how 666 and the counting 667-1=666 are OF the man, OF the Beast, OF the Name (Rev. 13:17). Its genitive, neither the number or the equation would exist if Adonikam didn't have the children he had, so its "OF" him.
SORRY, I just don't see the riddle ?

Old 07-15-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:

Cain couldn't have possibly came from an apple....apple isn't even mentioned in scripture. And a snake can't have sex. The " SERPANT " can ( the serpant meaning in Hebrew is Satan/devil, and it was more cunning and subtil than the other beasts of the field. , and Eve's punishment was to suffer in childbirth as ALL woman do because of that event. Thats NO riddle man, thats truth and word so clear a child could understand.

Kind Regards

Last edited by DanielBoone : 07-15-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
SORRY, I just don't see the riddle ?
Do you see its a challenge for anyone having understanding in the Bible to solve?

There is need for shrewdness here: anyone clever may interpret the number of the beast: it is the number of a human being, the number 666. (Rev. 13:18 NJB)
Old 07-15-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Do you see its a challenge for anyone having understanding in the Bible to solve?

There is need for shrewdness here: anyone clever may interpret the number of the beast: it is the number of a human being, the number 666. (Rev. 13:18 NJB)
AlfredPersson, hi there;

Riddle me this; What is "Beast" that is mentioned in the KJV bible many many times mean ? What is God referring to when he mentions Beasts of the field and beast often when described in the same verses next to man or repenting etc...etc... can a "Beast repent as Jonah 3:8 says or cry mightily with HANDS unto God like man can. Who are the Beast mentioned so many times...... kind regards