Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > How can we be like Jesus ?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:05 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default How can we be like Jesus ?

How can we be like Jesus ?

Will you share your thoughts with me/us ? By "us" i mean those who want to know too.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-2017, 06:57 AM

Default Re: How can we be like Jesus ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
How can we be like Jesus ?

Will you share your thoughts with me/us ? By "us" i mean those who want to know too.

ped

My be like Jesus emergency first aid kit!
sometimes I need it when least expected.
feel free to borrow if you need.

Dan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-2017, 07:21 AM
Knight of the Forum

12 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood. 13 Let us, then, go to him outside the camp, bearing the disgrace he bore.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:50 AM
Knight of the Forum

11 The high priest carries the blood of animals into the Most Holy Place as a sin offering, but the bodies are burned outside the camp.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:30 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdan View Post

My be like Jesus emergency first aid kit!
sometimes I need it when least expected.
feel free to borrow if you need.

Dan
i got no clue, Dan.

ped
Old 05-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
11 The high priest carries the blood of animals into the Most Holy Place as a sin offering, but the bodies are burned outside the camp.
Cinder,

I am not sure why bodies are burned (or eaten) in some cases.

ped
Old 05-19-2017, 12:21 PM
Knight of the Forum

First thing might be obtaining a vision so as to see Him in order to know to where and to what we are heading:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:..." Prov 29:18

Some eyesalve is certainly in order:

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. " Rev 3:18

Of course buying some of that gold and white raiiment would also be necessary.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:34 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
Cinder,

I am not sure why bodies are burned (or eaten) in some cases.

ped
The life is in the blood. Only blood from unblemished animals could be sacrificed in the Holy Place and then the bodies were to be burnt outside away from the Holy Place.
Without life, those not written in the book of life will be burnt. Jesus, the true life, went outside where there was no life, to give life.
He bore disgrace and suffered and His blood was sacrificed.

We, well you baptised and indwelt with the Holy Spirit, are to be like that. Outside, among the sinners, and also caring and sharing and healing. Giving life by the Holy Spirit indwelt in you. Just like Jesus and the Apostles and the baptised, indwelt Holy Spirit believers.
Each will be rewarded for those works. Sheep!

Lord have mercy!
Old 05-20-2017, 01:07 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
The life is in the blood. Only blood from unblemished animals could be sacrificed in the Holy Place and then the bodies were to be burnt outside away from the Holy Place.
Without life, those not written in the book of life will be burnt. Jesus, the true life, went outside where there was no life, to give life.

We, well you baptised and indwelt with the Holy Spirit, are to be like that. Outside, among the sinners, and also caring and sharing and healing. Giving life by the Holy Spirit indwelt in you. Just like Jesus and the Apostles and the baptised, indwelt Holy Spirit believers.
Each will be rewarded for those works. Sheep!

Lord have mercy!
[quote=CinderAsh;205815]The life is in the blood. Only blood from unblemished animals could be sacrificed in the Holy Place and then the bodies were to be burnt outside away from the Holy Place.

hmm...

Quote :We, well you baptised and indwelt with the Holy Spirit, are to be like that. Outside, among the sinners, and also caring and sharing and healing. Giving life by the Holy Spirit indwelt in you. Just like Jesus and the Apostles and the baptised, indwelt Holy Spirit believers.

Comment: These practices certainly happened in the early church. These are not the norm in the churches I've been and seen in USA in the last 30 years.But I have seen a certain percentage happening. Although now, Christianity appears to be even subsiding or decreasing again it seems in the US. But preachers like J.oel Osteen appears preferred by majority of so called Christians.I keep myself aware of Christian responsibility/s like Matthew 7:21-23. Take note that in verse 22, people were doing wonderful works yet in verse 23 the Lord Jesus says :depart from me, you that work iniquity.

Personal daily examination or mortification but not condemnation is in order.

ped
Old 05-20-2017, 01:10 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
First thing might be obtaining a vision so as to see Him in order to know to where and to what we are heading:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:..." Prov 29:18

Some eyesalve is certainly in order:

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. " Rev 3:18

Of course buying some of that gold and white raiiment would also be necessary.
John,

Could you translate these in layman's term/s ?

ped