Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > General Discussions  > Happy Easter - He Is Risen!

Old 04-19-2020, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Happy Easter - He Is Risen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Interesting!

It has been years since inspecting the temper of the great painters, namely,

1. Michelangelo
2. Leonardo da Vinci
3. Raphael
4. Rembrandt

After review, Iím going to have to revise my findings. There is a crop of artists who can bring out an enticing balance between paint and photorealism. A high percentage of the White House commissioned artists convey this quite sufficiently. You may already know, some artist today are capable of removing every trace of human inadequacy, but that winds up being confusing. You can study those impossible feats as close as you can and not see a brush stroke nor mask nor raucous hue one. All that work to end on a sour note.

But some of the old masters could break through without losing interest. What I have found from the above artists are only two who could conquer those last stubborn threads of posterization, Raphael & Rembrandt.

If for some reason you wish to hang a painted portrait, I suggest considering just such a mix for maximum impact; when technique and accuracy meet. It spells all the difference, visually, in the long run.

He is risen, to God be the glory!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-19-2020, 08:11 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
.....balance between paint and photorealism.....

Like this?

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-20-2020, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Like this?

Wow, too cool! Say, if convenient, can somebody either message or direct me to the sequence of operations for pasting images?

But to your question (if okay to discuss artistic appeal, which, if you get down to it for a Christian is another portion for the cause and glory of Christ). By the reflection in that fantastic left eye and the heat of left-side highlight, the toddler appears to be on a terrace possibly. Obviously, it is a good dose of both accuracy and technique. Both are clearly seen especially around the muzzle.

The question of how much technique is of course a matter of taste, but hold tight, this is where prestige of the master was and still is earned. If you recall through the record of mega-talented artist such as Rembrandt, his ability to exceed real-world lighting, hue, allowed a more painterly flexibility towards appeal that did not usually disturb it. This is more easily proven in minimalist-art where a miniature painting of a barn in a clearing lacks every detail imaginable conveys realism by contrast correct hue alone.

You have heard the expression; ĎBeauty in the eye of the beholderí? Contemporaries such as Richard Schmid decimates this frequently with his over-the-top painterly style yet staunch accuracy of hue.

Take our toddler here. This is where some of my works got bit. For instance, through the artistís correct daring to introduce bluish-green grays with assorted rose works very well till I got to that left cheek. This is where it pays to grant everything a second look.

Some time back, I decided to grant no less than half the amount of rose to the cheek that the nose had. In this case, if this artistís work is seen in the completion-stage, I would say he or she locked up on that cheek by not introducing at least some of that rose such as seen in that streak of highlight above the right nostril.

It is altogether easy to assume the artistic field is one that struggles top to bottom and that is true for works sake, but knowledge within it can be rather rich. Iím still looking.