Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > One paint brush, many colors.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Domenic

Default One paint brush, many colors.

As a young man I learned to separate the Bible from Science, and Archeology. I did this because that was the normal thing to do…but I was always bothered by it.
Science has proven many things, and God is the Master scientist. Archeologist have made many findings…bones don’t lie. As to Gods written word, the Bible… the many prophesies that have come true, prove Gods written word is also true.

Knowing Satan’s tricks, which he has nailed me on many, I know one of his old stand bys is, “Divide, and conquer.”
Science, Archeology, and the Bible divided, make for confusion, and division among people when it comes to God. So I did an experiment…I put the three together as one. It sounds simple, but the process took me many years…I’m smart, but I’m slow.
Here is a fact; Science is not always correct. Archeologist are far off base, and yes, some religions misunderstand the Bible. Yet they all have a great amount of truth.
I believe all three must be in harmony, one with the other.
Here is an example of what I am saying.
Man was created from the clay of the earth by God. Neanderthal was a creature on planet Earth. Does that prove man was not created in the form of Adam. No. Does Neanderthal prove man came from a long line of creatures which started in some ocean? No.
It only proves Man, and Neanderthal lived at the same time. If God created everything about six thousand years ago, nothing can be older. They both had to be alive at the same time. Left like that makes no argument for Science, Archeology, or creation.
Lets put the three together and see what kind of picture we get:

God created the whole universe at the same time. The planet Earth had volcanoes, earth quakes, bugs, and plants that could kill…and yes, there were giant creatures that would eat anything that moved…T-Rex etc. Question, Why would God put Adam on such a world?
God could have put a very high strong wall around the garden, but than there were giant flying creatures also…and these would have eaten Adam…God would have had to put a very strong roof over the Garden as well. If this were the case, poor Adam would have been stuck in a big concrete building. No, I’m sure God would never do such a thing. So how do we get around the problem of everything being around at the same time?

Lets try this; The Earth is a wilderness, filled with giant creatures, and all the other dangers…and the planet Adam is on? Lets make it close to Earth, but a different planet. Lets call this other planet, Paradise.

Did God not kick man out of the Garden, and put him in the Wilderness? Makes more sense. Anything to back that up? Maybe.
There are two skulls of interest. Not much to go on, but lets take a look at them. One is in the Moscow Museum. Archeology says this skull is 100,000 years old. We know it can’t be more than 6,000 years old, so lets date it at that. The second skull is in the London Museum. This one they dated at 40,000 years. Again, lets stick to the Bible, and date it at 6,000 years. One of these skulls is of a Neanderthal. The other of some big animal. The two skull have held the interest of forensic experts from around the world for the past forty years. All their findings have been the same. The say these two skull have bullet holes. My first thought on that was, “Some cowboy in our time, found the two skulls, and used them for target practice, or some two people did.”
There was one problem with that…the animal skull with the bullet hole between its eyes has calefaction. Calefaction means the creature did not die after it was shot, and the bone started re-growing. The creature had to be shot some 6,000 years ago.
Of course my theory about the subject, is just a theory. Lets look further;
NASA (Science) five years ago reported the planet Mars was once in the same orbit around the sun as Wilderness Earth. NASA claims the big skid mark on Mars proves it was hit by a planet the size of Jupiter, and knocked out of orbit. Could Mars have been the planet Paradise?
Of course my adding two, and two is just a theory, but to me it makes more sense then all the confusion. Heck, it could even answer the question, “How did the dinosaurs die off so fast?”
Here is a question: Satan is the God of this system. Why would he want man to reach Mars? Did you know man can only survive in outer space for three months before he starts to die…it’s because of all the harmful rays? It takes nine months with our present rockets to reach Mars. What is behind the Mars program?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: One paint brush, many colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
Archeology says this skull is 100,000 years old. We know it can’t be more than 6,000 years.
Does that mean we have to take all of the bible literally?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Domenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Does that mean we have to take all of the bible literally?
No, but if you have studied the Bible, you know the time of human history is a hair under 6,000 years. You asked, "We." Who are you speaking for?
Old 10-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
No, but if you have studied the Bible, you know the time of human history is a hair under 6,000 years. You asked, "We." Who are you speaking for?
So the bit about 6,000 is accurate and is meant to be taken literally, but not so other parts of the bible. How do you differentiate?

And by 'we' I mean everyone. All of us. Everyone.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Domenic

Quote:
So the bit about 6,000 is accurate and is meant to be taken literally, but not so other parts of the bible. How do you differentiate?

And by 'we' I mean everyone. All of us. Everyone.
You speak for all the people of the forum? Very high position.
I just read what you posted about yourself:

"Brad's Blurbs
About me:
Welsh by birth, I've been an Aussie for the last 22 years. Live in Bondi in Sydney. Married to Caz (over thirty years!) with two great kids who don't look like leaving home too soon. Brought up as C of E. Didn't really lose my faith as I never really believed in the first place. Realised that I was an atheist (as opposed to agnostic a few years back. Have no problem with any religion or belief system. Abor hypocrisy. Hate the teaching of creationism/ID, whatever you want to call it, with a passion."

I'm sorry, but I make it a rule never to talk about God to those who just want to debate. I only talk to people about the Bible who want to know what the Bible says. Are you asking for a Bible study?

Last edited by Domenic : 10-01-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Before I answer your question, please give me one of the other parts you refer to.
I'm referring to the other parts that you don't take literally. I don't know what those bits are. That's why I'm asking you. And as a corollary, how you differentiate between them.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I make it a rule never to talk about God to those who just want to debate. I only talk to people about the Bible who want to know what the Bible says.
Then there is no need to reply. Thanks anyway.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Domenic

Quote:
I'm referring to the other parts that you don't take literally. I don't know what those bits are. That's why I'm asking you. And as a corollary, how you differentiate between them.

Then there is no need to reply. Thanks anyway.
Perhaps you were in a religion that turned you away from God? You are on a Christian forum for some reason? You sound like an honest person. Would you like to test the Bible with me? Do you have a Bible?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Perhaps you were in a religion that turned you away from God? You are on a Christian forum for some reason? You sound like an honest person. Would you like to test the Bible with me? Do you have a Bible?
Yes, I have a bible. KJV. Dates back to late 18th century. Has some of the family history in there (which I mean to update at some point). Beautiful thing. Leather bound. Probably the one item I'd rush to save if the house was burning down.

Which means that I'll be able to look up the parts that you don't accept as being literally true whenever you get around to telling me.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Domenic

Quote:
Yes, I have a bible. KJV. Dates back to late 18th century. Has some of the family history in there (which I mean to update at some point). Beautiful thing. Leather bound. Probably the one item I'd rush to save if the house was burning down.

Which means that I'll be able to look up the parts that you don't accept as being literally true whenever you get around to telling me.
That a good Bible too have Brad. It's nice to have something with family history. I also like the old English words. I'm a writer, and sucker for good writing.
Let me first tell you were we both stand. This is what God say: "We don't choose him, he chooses who he wants. If a person does not want God to choose them, it matters not…he will have who he wants. John 6:44
The first thing that has to be established… is the Bible really the word of God? This is something one must prove, or disprove. I’m not one to believe a half truth. Give me 100% proof. I do not expect anybody to believe the Bible without 100% first proving it is Gods word…and God does not expect people to either.
I will show you how I proved it true, and you tell me your feelings about that…deal?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
I will show you how I proved it true, and you tell me your feelings about that…deal?
No deal yet, Dominic. We're getting ahead of ourselves here. You started a thread by saying in effect that parts of the bible are meant to be taken literally and have gone on to say that some parts are not.

I want to know how you differentiate. Let’s get that out of the way first. We can chat about other things in due course, but I don’t like to leave questions unanswered. If I do it, I feel I’m giving the impression that I don’t know the answer or I don’t want to give an answer.

In this case you must know because it’s a decision you have already made. If you don’t mind, I’d like to know how you made it.