Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Elemental Human Make-up

Old 07-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Elemental Human Make-up

I found this quite accidentally, but, I thought it worth sharing.
Humans consist of 6 major elements.
Oxygen
Carbon
Hydrogen
Nitrogen
Calcium
Phosphorus
Video: Elements that Make Up a Human Being | eHow

Just something to ponder................
Matthew 23:12:
Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Elemental Human Make-up

The most astounding fact.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatentAuthor View Post
Cool, huh!

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.
Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:54 AM

Lightbulb Re: Elemental Human Make-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowlyfisherman View Post
Cool, huh!

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.
If science is so cool, why can't you come to terms with evolution?
Old 08-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhydrogen View Post
If science is so cool, why can't you come to terms with evolution?
You have only half come to terms with what I have been saying. What you call evolution, I call intelligent design. You are trying to make my argument something it is not. My entire contention has always been that God is the Creator, and nothing more or less. If evolution is how He chose to do it, I certainly have no problem with that. Unfortunately, we have no solid proof of that either. Just theory.
In the final analysis, the theory you subscribe to holds to evolution from nothing and mine, design by the hand of an intelligent Creator. Most likely the same process, you just refuse to acknowledge that there could be someone out there that you answer to.

Last edited by thelowlyfisherman : 08-03-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
You have only half come to terms with what I have been saying. What you call evolution, I call intelligent design. You are trying to make my argument something it is not. My entire contention has always been that God is the Creator, and nothing more or less. If evolution is how He chose to do it, I certainly have no problem with that. Unfortunately, we have no solid proof of that either. Just theory.
That you say this indicates you haven't really understood how science works. Do you regard the theory of gravity as doubtful? How about germ theory? Plate tectonics? It seems odd that the only theory you have a problem with is the one which contradicts your preferred theology - perhaps it's that contradiction that is problematic for you.

Quote:
In the final analysis, the theory you subscribe to holds to evolution from nothing and mine, design by the hand of an intelligent Creator.
You appear to be talking about abiogenesis, not evolution.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Knight of the Forum

You still don't understand what I said?
"If evolution is how He chose to do it, I certainly have no problem with that. "
Yeah, I said that. I believe the Creator set in motion "cause and effect" and that He is the "Law" maker and giver.
It is your side of the argument that will not consider all of the possibilities.
Its called being "open minded".
Little Bit At A Time by Bryan Duncan & Phil Keaggy - YouTube

Last edited by thelowlyfisherman : 08-05-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
You still don't understand what I said?
"If evolution is how He chose to do it, I certainly have no problem with that. "
Yeah, I said that. I believe the Creator set in motion "cause and effect" and that He is the "Law" maker and giver.
It is your side of the argument that will not consider all of the possibilities.
Its called being "open minded".
Little Bit At A Time by Bryan Duncan & Phil Keaggy - YouTube
If you're taking the theistic evolution approach I commend you for your commitment to science. It is certainly a loveless place to be (I know from experience) as you tend to get flack both from non-believers and from literalist believers.

I am curious, if you don't mind, on how you reconcile this view of guided evolution with the doctrine of the fall. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatentAuthor View Post
If you're taking the theistic evolution approach I commend you for your commitment to science. It is certainly a loveless place to be (I know from experience) as you tend to get flack both from non-believers and from literalist believers.

I am curious, if you don't mind, on how you reconcile this view of guided evolution with the doctrine of the fall. Thanks!
If I took the Book of Revelations literally, I would go crazy.
I don't know if I've mentioned this to you, but, Genesis says God created light on the first day, but, He didn't create the sun, the moon and the stars until the third day?
Ask me how I justify this disparity?
The first thing created after the Big Bang was a radio active dust cloud. Radio activity is light.
God gave us brains to think with.
Anyway, I'm not sure I understand your question about the fall?

Last edited by thelowlyfisherman : 08-05-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
If I took the Book of Revelations literally, I would go crazy.
I don't know if I've mentioned this to you, but, Genesis says God created light on the first day, but, He didn't create the sun, the moon and the stars until the third day?
Ask me how I justify this disparity?
The first thing created after the Big Bang was a radio active dust cloud. Radio activity is light.
God gave us brains to think with.
Anyway, I'm not sure I understand your question about the fall?
Well, genetic evidence alone indicates that human beings have been migrating around Earth for at the very least a hundred thousand years. Before that we see millions of years of evolution from early hominids, all of which end up going extinct except for us.

How do you justify this disparity with the story of the Fall?