True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Elemental Human Make-up

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2013, 05:14 PM
thelowlyfisherman's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,497
Default Elemental Human Make-up

I found this quite accidentally, but, I thought it worth sharing.
Humans consist of 6 major elements.
Oxygen
Carbon
Hydrogen
Nitrogen
Calcium
Phosphorus
Video: Elements that Make Up a Human Being | eHow

Just something to ponder................
__________________
Matthew 23:12:
Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:40 PM
LatentAuthor's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 582
Default Re: Elemental Human Make-up

The most astounding fact.
__________________
"However vast the darkness. . .we must supply our own light."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 PM
thelowlyfisherman's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,497
Default Re: Elemental Human Make-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatentAuthor View Post
Cool, huh!

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.
__________________
Matthew 23:12:
Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-31-2013, 02:54 AM
revhydrogen's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 105
Lightbulb Re: Elemental Human Make-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowlyfisherman View Post
Cool, huh!

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.
If science is so cool, why can't you come to terms with evolution?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-03-2013, 10:42 PM
thelowlyfisherman's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,497
Default Re: Elemental Human Make-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhydrogen View Post
If science is so cool, why can't you come to terms with evolution?
You have only half come to terms with what I have been saying. What you call evolution, I call intelligent design. You are trying to make my argument something it is not. My entire contention has always been that God is the Creator, and nothing more or less. If evolution is how He chose to do it, I certainly have no problem with that. Unfortunately, we have no solid proof of that either. Just theory.
In the final analysis, the theory you subscribe to holds to evolution from nothing and mine, design by the hand of an intelligent Creator. Most likely the same process, you just refuse to acknowledge that there could be someone out there that you answer to.
__________________
Matthew 23:12:
Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.

Last edited by thelowlyfisherman : 08-03-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-04-2013, 10:15 AM
LatentAuthor's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 582
Default Re: Elemental Human Make-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowlyfisherman View Post
You have only half come to terms with what I have been saying. What you call evolution, I call intelligent design. You are trying to make my argument something it is not. My entire contention has always been that God is the Creator, and nothing more or less. If evolution is how He chose to do it, I certainly have no problem with that. Unfortunately, we have no solid proof of that either. Just theory.
That you say this indicates you haven't really understood how science works. Do you regard the theory of gravity as doubtful? How about germ theory? Plate tectonics? It seems odd that the only theory you have a problem with is the one which contradicts your preferred theology - perhaps it's that contradiction that is problematic for you.

Quote:
In the final analysis, the theory you subscribe to holds to evolution from nothing and mine, design by the hand of an intelligent Creator.
You appear to be talking about abiogenesis, not evolution.
__________________
"However vast the darkness. . .we must supply our own light."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-05-2013, 12:18 PM
thelowlyfisherman's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,497
Default Re: Elemental Human Make-up

You still don't understand what I said?
"If evolution is how He chose to do it, I certainly have no problem with that. "
Yeah, I said that. I believe the Creator set in motion "cause and effect" and that He is the "Law" maker and giver.
It is your side of the argument that will not consider all of the possibilities.
Its called being "open minded".
Little Bit At A Time by Bryan Duncan & Phil Keaggy - YouTube
__________________
Matthew 23:12:
Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.

Last edited by thelowlyfisherman : 08-05-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-05-2013, 06:44 PM
LatentAuthor's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 582
Default Re: Elemental Human Make-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowlyfisherman View Post
You still don't understand what I said?
"If evolution is how He chose to do it, I certainly have no problem with that. "
Yeah, I said that. I believe the Creator set in motion "cause and effect" and that He is the "Law" maker and giver.
It is your side of the argument that will not consider all of the possibilities.
Its called being "open minded".
Little Bit At A Time by Bryan Duncan & Phil Keaggy - YouTube
If you're taking the theistic evolution approach I commend you for your commitment to science. It is certainly a loveless place to be (I know from experience) as you tend to get flack both from non-believers and from literalist believers.

I am curious, if you don't mind, on how you reconcile this view of guided evolution with the doctrine of the fall. Thanks!
__________________
"However vast the darkness. . .we must supply our own light."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-05-2013, 07:47 PM
thelowlyfisherman's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,497
Default Re: Elemental Human Make-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatentAuthor View Post
If you're taking the theistic evolution approach I commend you for your commitment to science. It is certainly a loveless place to be (I know from experience) as you tend to get flack both from non-believers and from literalist believers.

I am curious, if you don't mind, on how you reconcile this view of guided evolution with the doctrine of the fall. Thanks!
If I took the Book of Revelations literally, I would go crazy.
I don't know if I've mentioned this to you, but, Genesis says God created light on the first day, but, He didn't create the sun, the moon and the stars until the third day?
Ask me how I justify this disparity?
The first thing created after the Big Bang was a radio active dust cloud. Radio activity is light.
God gave us brains to think with.
Anyway, I'm not sure I understand your question about the fall?
__________________
Matthew 23:12:
Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.

Last edited by thelowlyfisherman : 08-05-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-05-2013, 09:07 PM
LatentAuthor's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 582
Default Re: Elemental Human Make-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowlyfisherman View Post
If I took the Book of Revelations literally, I would go crazy.
I don't know if I've mentioned this to you, but, Genesis says God created light on the first day, but, He didn't create the sun, the moon and the stars until the third day?
Ask me how I justify this disparity?
The first thing created after the Big Bang was a radio active dust cloud. Radio activity is light.
God gave us brains to think with.
Anyway, I'm not sure I understand your question about the fall?
Well, genetic evidence alone indicates that human beings have been migrating around Earth for at the very least a hundred thousand years. Before that we see millions of years of evolution from early hominids, all of which end up going extinct except for us.

How do you justify this disparity with the story of the Fall?
__________________
"However vast the darkness. . .we must supply our own light."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Decline of the Human Species? Giuliano Sexual Morality 81 07-08-2013 04:27 AM
Do Human Clones Have Souls? walknlight Christianity & Science 27 06-03-2013 10:58 PM
The Milk Of Human Kindness: Uses For Human Breast Milk DanielSlack Health 4 10-08-2010 04:45 AM
The perfect human Mark General Discussions 8 06-05-2010 03:10 PM
The Milk Of Human Kindness: Uses For Human Breast Milk DanielSlack Health 0 04-30-2009 09:30 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29