True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > aaaooooowwaaahhhh ;)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-07-2013, 08:08 AM
thequestioner's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 315
Question aaaooooowwaaahhhh ;)

Hey T2Oian's,

So can multiple people please give me their input of the topic of Endo-Skeleton Enhancements?

i.e.
Prostetic Muscles, etc.

__________________
Always Wondering,
thequestioner
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Lookinforacity's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,778
Default Re: aaaooooowwaaahhhh ;)

Google - - - -> Endoskeleton Enhancement

JIM
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2013, 09:27 AM
thequestioner's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 315
Question Re: aaaooooowwaaahhhh ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
Google - - - -> Endoskeleton Enhancement

JIM
Well I mean does it go against morals or the laws of nature to enhance our bodies.
__________________
Always Wondering,
thequestioner
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Soulheart3's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,003
Default Re: aaaooooowwaaahhhh ;)

I don't know anything about endo skeletons, but I do wear glasses, which is an addition to my body which improves it, and the Holy Spirit doesn't convict me that its wrong to wear them. Is that similar?
__________________
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Lookinforacity's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,778
Default Re: aaaooooowwaaahhhh ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequestioner View Post
Hey T2Oian's,

So can multiple people please give me their input of the topic of Endo-Skeleton Enhancements?

i.e.
Prostetic Muscles, etc.



Endoskeleton Enhancement

Is this the future of Endoskeleton Enhancement?

CYBORG
A cyborg (cybernetic organism) is an organism that is a self-regulating integration of artificial and natural systems.
The Series 8xx and 900 Infiltrators are made up of living tissue over metal endoskeletons, and have referred to themselves as "cybernetic organisms". Both Terminators and Resistance fighters have also occasionally used the phrase "cyborg" interchangeably with "cybernetic organism".


Definition:
Common usage of the term "cyborg" often implies that the biological components are human, although the term is not specifically that limited, a cyborg can consist of biological components of any living origin. Infiltrator models built by Skynet have used enhanced human tissue designed to prevent decay over prolonged missions.
With the exception of human-based cyborgs such as I825.M, the I-950 and the Hybrid, all Terminators are androids. With the addition of living tissue they gain the title of cyborg, despite the fact that models such as the T-800 (disambiguation) are capable of performing operations without their living tissue with no detriment to their performance. (However, keeping in mind that the T-800 series was designed for Infiltration rather than frontline duty.)
The Series 1000 and Series X Terminators, both use mimetic polyalloy rather than living tissue for their exterior (and interior in the case of the T-1000). Therefore, most traditional definitions would make them advanced androids, not cyborgs.

I'm not sure that this is Morally wrong, but it sure is creepy.

Seriously, Are you referring to things like Hip replacements, of even the new apparatus to help those paralyzed to walk again?
You would then have to get into the discussion of Human Part Replacement.
When a persons parts wear out is it moral or ethical to replace them with newer ones and therefore in some cases extend life?

Question, what if someone received heart transplant, then two years later was driving a car talking on the phone and caused an accident killing some children.
Should the person which received the transplant, have died when their heart gave out?

What is it that makes you ask the question?

Be Blessed
JIM
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,435
Default Re: aaaooooowwaaahhhh ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequestioner View Post
Well I mean does it go against morals or the laws of nature to enhance our bodies.
If someone doesn't need it to lead a normal or healthy life, I think it's an extravagant way to spend money. Are we loving our neighbor as ourselves if we spend money on things like this when there are people who are homeless, starving and so on? It comes down to the Golden Rule and loving our neighbor, I think.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Lookinforacity's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,778
Default Re: aaaooooowwaaahhhh ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequestioner View Post
Hey T2Oian's,

So can multiple people please give me their input of the topic of Endo-Skeleton Enhancements?

i.e.
Prostetic Muscles, etc.

If per chance, you had not been healed as per your Testimony, do you think you might be seeking some sort of Endoskeleton Enhancement yourself?
If you were placed into that position, what would your own Moral compass be saying?

These are the types of judgements which should only be discussed with your God, and decided upon the knowledge you gain in your heart as to the right, or wrong of the question, we already know what our thoughts are on any given question, if we are a Child of God, that's how the Holy Spirit leads us.

These types of questions cannot be legislated in Government as to the morality of them, and the Church falls into the same category. These are personal questions answered only by God Himself.
If you feel it is wrong, then it is wrong. Period.

Be Blessed
JIM
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-09-2013, 06:55 PM
thequestioner's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 315
Question Re: aaaooooowwaaahhhh ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
Endoskeleton Enhancement

Is this the future of Endoskeleton Enhancement?

CYBORG
A cyborg (cybernetic organism) is an organism that is a self-regulating integration of artificial and natural systems.
The Series 8xx and 900 Infiltrators are made up of living tissue over metal endoskeletons, and have referred to themselves as "cybernetic organisms". Both Terminators and Resistance fighters have also occasionally used the phrase "cyborg" interchangeably with "cybernetic organism".


Definition:
Common usage of the term "cyborg" often implies that the biological components are human, although the term is not specifically that limited, a cyborg can consist of biological components of any living origin. Infiltrator models built by Skynet have used enhanced human tissue designed to prevent decay over prolonged missions.
With the exception of human-based cyborgs such as I825.M, the I-950 and the Hybrid, all Terminators are androids. With the addition of living tissue they gain the title of cyborg, despite the fact that models such as the T-800 (disambiguation) are capable of performing operations without their living tissue with no detriment to their performance. (However, keeping in mind that the T-800 series was designed for Infiltration rather than frontline duty.)
The Series 1000 and Series X Terminators, both use mimetic polyalloy rather than living tissue for their exterior (and interior in the case of the T-1000). Therefore, most traditional definitions would make them advanced androids, not cyborgs.

I'm not sure that this is Morally wrong, but it sure is creepy.

Seriously, Are you referring to things like Hip replacements, of even the new apparatus to help those paralyzed to walk again?
You would then have to get into the discussion of Human Part Replacement.
When a persons parts wear out is it moral or ethical to replace them with newer ones and therefore in some cases extend life?

Question, what if someone received heart transplant, then two years later was driving a car talking on the phone and caused an accident killing some children.
Should the person which received the transplant, have died when their heart gave out?

What is it that makes you ask the question?

Be Blessed
JIM
It was something my little brother and I were talking about a bit ago because I have been thinking about going into Prostetic engineering.
__________________
Always Wondering,
thequestioner
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-09-2013, 07:00 PM
thequestioner's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 315
Question Re: aaaooooowwaaahhhh ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
If per chance, you had not been healed as per your Testimony, do you think you might be seeking some sort of Endoskeleton Enhancement yourself?
If you were placed into that position, what would your own Moral compass be saying?

These are the types of judgements which should only be discussed with your God, and decided upon the knowledge you gain in your heart as to the right, or wrong of the question, we already know what our thoughts are on any given question, if we are a Child of God, that's how the Holy Spirit leads us.

These types of questions cannot be legislated in Government as to the morality of them, and the Church falls into the same category. These are personal questions answered only by God Himself.
If you feel it is wrong, then it is wrong. Period.

Be Blessed
JIM
Yeah, I agree with what you say. I know that no group can determine wether this is moral or not, I am curious as to what others think on the topic
__________________
Always Wondering,
thequestioner
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-10-2013, 04:52 PM
FREEINDEED's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 223
Default Re: aaaooooowwaaahhhh ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequestioner View Post
It was something my little brother and I were talking about a bit ago because I have been thinking about going into Prostetic engineering.

Sometimes it's as simple as over thinking things then we end up not doing things God in the first place would not object to and turning it into sin for ourselves if we do.
Look at it this way if your heart is right and you feel that your pursuing this as a profession.
You could potentially affect the lives of thousands for the better why would God object to that?
Follow the leading you have it could very well be there because God Himself put it there.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29