Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Convert to Geocentrism

Old 04-20-2012, 05:21 PM

Default Convert to Geocentrism

Call me crazy, and most of you will, but I have converted to geocentrism, that is the belief that the earth does not move but is the center of the universe and the universe rotates around the earth.
I never gave it much thought. I had accepted that it was a proven fact that the earth revolves around the sun. But after reading the book Galileo Was Wrong the Church Was Right by Robert Sungenis and Robert Bennet and the book The Wisdom of Ancient Cosmology by Wolfgang Smith I became convinced that I had been fed a diet of unprovable theory in my science textbooks.

Here is a quote from Professor Wolfgang Smith who accepts Heliocentrism (The earth moves around the sun) not because it is a proven theory but simply because he prefers that particular cosmic model. But Professor Smith is at least honest and he says this about Geocentrism:

"Two crucial experiments, based upon different physical principles, had now reached the same conclusion: the Earth does not move....whereas contemporary astronomy is thus implacably opposed to the geocentrist hypothesis, it happens that pure physics is not. According to general relativity,it is in fact permissible to regard the Earth as a body at rest: as Fred Hoyle has put it, the resultant theory "is a good as any other, but not better." Relativity implies that the hypothesis of a static Earth is not incompatible with the laws of physics and cannot be experimentally disproved.....If the Airy or Michelson-Morley experiments had yielded their intended result, the scientific case against geocentrism, though still not compelling, would have been at least impressive, however, as the matter stands, the ancient doctrine has not even been rendered improbable, let alone has it been disqualified...one knows today that on the basis of physics that Galileo's arguments are inconclusive, and that in fact the stipulated motion cannot be proved at all..the most that physics as such can say is that geocentric astronomy cannot be ruled out."

Here are two quotes from the book Galileo Was Wrong:

Albert Einstein
"The struggle, so violent in the early days of science, between the views of Ptolemy and Copernicus would then be quite meaningless. Either coordinate system could be used with equal justification. The two sentences: “The sun is at rest and the earth moves, “or “the sun moves and the earth is at rest,” would simply mean two different conventions concerning two different coordinate systems” The Evolution of Physics Albert Einstein and Leopold Infeld.

Edwin Hubble
“ Such a condition ( Geocentrism) would imply that we occupy a unique position in the universe…This hypothesis cannot be disproved , but it is unwelcome…Therefore we disregard this possibility...the unwelcomed position of a favored location must be avoided at all costs…such a favored position is intolerable.” The Observational Approach to Cosmology

I am convinced that the sole reason the theory of heliocentrism is taught as dogma is to remove God. Earth as a favored position in the universe implies that God put the earth where it is and for the atheist that is intolerable and the idea must be removed.

Scripture clearly teaches that the earth does not move. The sun rises and sets. I am going with the Word of God.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Convert to Geocentrism

Does the correct answer (geocentrism or heliocentrism), if there is one, really matter to God, or to those who love Him?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDay View Post
Call me crazy, and most of you will, but I have converted to geocentrism, that is the belief that the earth does not move but is the center of the universe and the universe rotates around the earth
Are you serious? Or are you just an atheist playing games? Next, we'll hear how you converted to the Earth is flat theory?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Are you serious? Or are you just an atheist playing games? Next, we'll hear how you converted to the Earth is flat theory?
There are people who say they have proof of this.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Representative Clergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Does the correct answer (geocentrism or heliocentrism), if there is one, really matter to God, or to those who love Him?
It ultimately doesn't. The sun is prominent in scripture as is the earth. The sun "rules" the day. But more important to Christian theology, Christ is the "Sun" of righteousness. Actually, the heliocentric model fits more with this, as the earth in spirit should revolve around the Sun of Righteousness. Although, today's nonsensical narcisissm would have Christ the Sun of Righteousness revolving around the earth.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:26 PM

I am still open to Geocentrism.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:30 AM
followj

The idea seems to be that the Bible when it talks of sunrise and sunset is NEVER WRONG on anything. If I remember correctly, the theory is the moon go around the earth each day, but what causes the phases of the moon then?

I've read this before on other websites. The stars and sun are supposedly not very far away. How fast would they have to be moving to go around the Earth each day?

Even modern day weathermen talk about sunrise and sunset--though they do not mean it literally.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:09 AM

Jesus would still be the Sun of Righteousness, for the rays of the Sun speak symbolically of the Splendor of Truth and Justice that Jesus truly is.

To say that the earth is the center would emphasize that man is the climax of God's Creative activity, ... and even more so it would show that all things are centered on the God-Man, the Incarnation of Jesus Christ.

I kind of like that.

I am not a scientist, so it is difficult to tell from that perspective, but MANY of the Early Church Fathers adopt a Geocentrism view. Perhaps it is part of Divine Revelation?

God bless you.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Absolutely I am serious. Heliocentrism is a theory. Why do you believe in an unprovable theory and not the Word of God?

The quotes from Einstein and Hubble prove that Geocentrism is just as possible as Heliocentrism.
I am simply going to side with scripture that tells us the earth does not move.

By the way scripture does not say the earth is flat.

Isaiah 40:21-22 "have you not known? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? He who sits above the circle of the earth...."

In the fourth century Jerome translated the Hebrew word for circle as "globe". The idea that scripture teaches a flat earth is false.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
I believe it has huge implications. On what scientific grounds could an atheist stand if were accepted as fact that the earth does not move? It is the center of the universe. The bible is correct.
That is why Edwin Hubble said Geocentrism cannot be tolerated.
It had to be removed from our education system to promote the atheist agenda.