True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Convert to Geocentrism

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Amadeus's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,171
Default Re: Convert to Geocentrism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDay View Post
I believe it has huge implications. On what scientific grounds could an atheist stand if were accepted as fact that the earth does not move? It is the center of the universe. The bible is correct.
That is why Edwin Hubble said Geocentrism cannot be tolerated.
It had to be removed from our education system to promote the atheist agenda.
But... scientists do not now take, I believe, and probably never have taken, the lead in moving toward God. Only God gives any "increases" within people that matter to Him.

Most people would unable to prove, using any method, (scientific or other) either geocentrism or heliocentrism and ultimately they do not care. Do people need to move toward one or the other of those two ideas in order to please God? I think not.

If you believe that it is important to you to choose one, and you believe that God wants you to do that, who am I or anyone else to advise otherwise. Go for it, but do not expect to find people who do line up behind you in this pursuit to also be necessarily opening their hearts to God.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-21-2012, 12:01 PM
ThirdDay's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Default Re: Convert to Geocentrism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
But... scientists do not now take, I believe, and probably never have taken, the lead in moving toward God. Only God gives any "increases" within people that matter to Him.

Most people would unable to prove, using any method, (scientific or other) either geocentrism or heliocentrism and ultimately they do not care. Do people need to move toward one or the other of those two ideas in order to please God? I think not.

If you believe that it is important to you to choose one, and you believe that God wants you to do that, who am I or anyone else to advise otherwise. Go for it, but do not expect to find people who do line up behind you in this pursuit to also be necessarily opening their hearts to God.
I'm not expecting that people "line up" behind me. What I find interesting is that the bible is believed by atheists and by some "christians" to be a mere fable that is only to show us the way to heaven. However I believe that it is also correct in matters of science and not just faith and morals.

There are christians who will say that the bible is wrong on homosexuality. In the book of Romans Paul was reflecting his views based on his culture.
After all we are smarter now! We know that it is a "fact" that the earth moves around the sun and the bible is wrong. We know it is a "fact" that homosexuals are born that way and therefore the bible is wrong again.
In my opinion once you accept scientific theories as facts and accept scripture as mere metaphors influenced by culture then you are slowly on your way to rejecting scripture all together. After all, how can we disregard the god of science which must be truth itself?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Amadeus's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,171
Default Re: Convert to Geocentrism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDay View Post
I'm not expecting that people "line up" behind me. What I find interesting is that the bible is believed by atheists and by some "christians" to be a mere fable that is only to show us the way to heaven. However I believe that it is also correct in matters of science and not just faith and morals.
What you have seen as interesting is also to me interesting. God gives us what we need, when we bother to sincerely ask for His help.

Quote:
There are christians who will say that the bible is wrong on homosexuality. In the book of Romans Paul was reflecting his views based on his culture.
Yes, this thing of picking what tickles our ears and throwing away the rest is all too common of a practice among some who consider themselves to be believers.

Quote:
After all we are smarter now! We know that it is a "fact" that the earth moves around the sun and the bible is wrong. We know it is a "fact" that homosexuals are born that way and therefore the bible is wrong again.
I am on your side here! Man thinks he is smarter because of his technological advances, but man, essentially, has not changed at all.

Quote:
In my opinion once you accept scientific theories as facts and accept scripture as mere metaphors influenced by culture then you are slowly on your way to rejecting scripture all together. After all, how can we disregard the god of science which must be truth itself?
On this we agree.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-21-2012, 03:11 PM
ThirdDay's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Default Re: Convert to Geocentrism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post

On this we agree.
Hallelujah!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-21-2012, 07:35 PM
CatholicCrusader's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,301
Default Re: Convert to Geocentrism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDay View Post
Absolutely I am serious. Heliocentrism is a theory. Why do you believe in an unprovable theory and not the Word of God?

The quotes from Einstein and Hubble prove that Geocentrism is just as possible as Heliocentrism.
I am simply going to side with scripture that tells us the earth does not move.

By the way scripture does not say the earth is flat.

Isaiah 40:21-22 "have you not known? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? He who sits above the circle of the earth...."

In the fourth century Jerome translated the Hebrew word for circle as "globe". The idea that scripture teaches a flat earth is false.
You seem like a nice guy, but on this issue I have to say that Geocentrism is sort of, well, nuts.

NASA has sent men to the moon and probes to all the planets. There was only one way they could do that, and that is by using precise mathematical calculations about where & when each planet or moon would be in their orbits and then calculating the precise trajectory for the probes to get to their targets. If what you say were true, then none of of the probes would have ever made it to their destinations because all the calculations would be wrong. Just think about that for a while.
__________________

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-21-2012, 08:02 PM
ThirdDay's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Default Re: Convert to Geocentrism

Quote:
=CatholicCrusader;131834]You seem like a nice guy, but on this issue I have to say that Geocentrism is sort of, well, nuts.
If you think Geocentrism is nuts then you disagree with Albert Einstein who said: "Either coordinate system could be used with equal justification. The two sentences: “The sun is at rest and the earth moves, “or “the sun moves and the earth is at rest,” would simply mean two different conventions concerning two different coordinate systems” The Evolution of Physics Albert Einstein and Leopold Infeld.

Quote:
NASA has sent men to the moon and probes to all the planets. There was only one way they could do that, and that is by using precise mathematical calculations about where & when each planet or moon would be in their orbits and then calculating the precise trajectory for the probes to get to their targets. If what you say were true, then none of of the probes would have ever made it to their destinations because all the calculations would be wrong. Just think about that for a while.
NASA uses whatever system is more convenient because both models, the Geocentric and the Heliocentric are equivalent mathematically and geometrically. That is what Einstein means when he said " Either coordinate system could be used with equal justification."
NASA uses the geocentric or "fixed earth coordinate system" when they send up satellites near the earth and when NASA sends probes near the sun they would use the heliocentric model since it is easier to make calculations with a coordinate model that considers the sun as fixed in space with planets moving around it.
No experiment has ever proven that the earth moves through space. That is the sole reason that Einstein was forced to develop his theory of relativity.
If you stand on the earth it appears that the sun is moving. If you stand on the sun it would appear that the earth is moving. The only way to tell what is fixed and what is moving is to be outside the universe. God is outside the universe and His scriptures tell us the earth does not move.

I am sure you have heard of Catholic apologist John Salza. Please go to his website Scripturecatholic.com and read what he has on geocentrism. At least have an open mind.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,359
Default Re: Convert to Geocentrism

If you get hit in the head with a brick, it doesn't matter if the brick is moving or your head. The effect is exactly the same either way. That's what Einstein meant. All movement is relative. It doesn't mean that either is correct.

If the universe revolves around the earth, how does the rotation of the earth (which is easy to demonstrate) effect what we observe?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,856
Default Re: Convert to Geocentrism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDay View Post
If you stand on the earth it appears that the sun is moving. If you stand on the sun it would appear that the earth is moving. The only way to tell what is fixed and what is moving is to be outside the universe. God is outside the universe and His scriptures tell us the earth does not move.
Doesn't the sun spin around itself?
Doesn't the earth spin around itself and travel around the sun?
I thought we could see the sun moving through a telescope.
Which scripture tells us the earth does not move?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:55 PM
ThirdDay's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Default Re: Convert to Geocentrism

Quote:
=Brad;131889]If you get hit in the head with a brick, it doesn't matter if the brick is moving or your head. The effect is exactly the same either way. That's what Einstein meant. All movement is relative. It doesn't mean that either is correct.
That's right its all relative. The reason Einstein came up with his theory of relativity was because every experiment that was done to show the earth moved failed. Get the book Galileo Was Wrong the Church was Right.. Every experiment is in the book.

Quote:
If the universe revolves around the earth, how does the rotation of the earth (which is easy to demonstrate) effect what we observe?
You can't demonstrate the movement of the earth. No experiment has ever been able to show the earth is spinning at 1000 mph and speeding at 11,000 mph through space. When you see a video from the moon of the earth "rotating" there is no way to know if the earth is rotating or if the earth is still and the universe is rotating around it.
You can try that experiment yourself. Take of video of a merry-go-round with a black background. Stand still and have the merry-go-round turn. The video shows the merry-go-round rotating. Then have the merry-go-round stand still. Take your video camera and walk around the merry-go-round. The image is the same. It will appear that the merry-go-round is rotating even though it is standing still.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-22-2012, 07:04 PM
ThirdDay's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Default Re: Convert to Geocentrism

Quote:
=CinderAsh;131906]Doesn't the sun spin around itself?
No
Quote:
Doesn't the earth spin around itself and travel around the sun?
No
Quote:
I thought we could see the sun moving through a telescope.
Yes the sun is moving. The earth is not.
Quote:
Which scripture tells us the earth does not move?
Why would the Word of God tell us that Joshua commanded the sun to stand still, if according to science, it is already standing still?

Joshua 10:12-14: Then spoke Joshua to the Lord…Sun stand stilll…and the sun stood still…the sun stayed in the midst of heaven…there has been no day like it before or since.”

1 Chron. 16:30 – “yea, the world stands firm, never to be moved.”

Psalm 93:1 – “Yea, the world is established; it shall never be moved.”

Psalm 104:5 – “Thou didst set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be shaken.”

Please go to scripturecatholic.com and go to the link on geocentrism to read more.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why Evangelicals convert to Catholicism. Loretohouse General Discussions 137 08-13-2011 09:20 AM
Jews convert to Christianity. Loretohouse General Discussions 26 01-05-2011 12:45 PM
Why Protestant ministers convert to Catholicism Loretohouse General Discussions 7 12-07-2010 01:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29