Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Alien Galaxies

Old 12-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Default Alien Galaxies

Our galaxy (the Milky Way) has about 200-400 billion stars (our sun being just one). The Milky Way belongs to a local "group" of galaxies (about 54)... each galaxy in the group containing billions of stars. Our group belongs to a larger group of galaxies called a "cluster" ... a group of clusters belongs to a "super cluster" (50,000+ galaxies). There are countless super cluster of galaxies that exist in the known Universe.

Who can wrap their brain around that?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Nancy

Default Re: Alien Galaxies

We are trapped in infinity!

Cool!

And . . . infinity is trapped in us!

Chew on this:

Microscopic nano technology reveals a never ending journey inwards. Nasa telescopic imagery reveals a never ending journey outwards. Imagery from both starts to look very similar, the deeper they go. If the concept of "scale" does not exist (and therefore a greater intelligence does), then it's possible the entire universe is you and nothing else. If time does not exist (it's actually impossible for time to exist - since there is only "now") then this would explain why the universe has no boundaries. (No boundaries = no scale.)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Our galaxy (the Milky Way) has about 200-400 billion stars (our sun being just one). The Milky Way belongs to a local "group" of galaxies (about 54)... each galaxy in the group containing billions of stars. Our group belongs to a larger group of galaxies called a "cluster" ... a group of clusters belongs to a "super cluster" (50,000+ galaxies). There are countless super cluster of galaxies that exist in the known Universe.

Quote:
Quote Nancy
We are trapped in infinity!

Cool!

And . . . infinity is trapped in us!

Chew on this:

Microscopic nano technology reveals a never ending journey inwards. Nasa telescopic imagery reveals a never ending journey outwards. Imagery from both starts to look very similar, the deeper they go. If the concept of "scale" does not exist (and therefore a greater intelligence does), then it's possible the entire universe is you and nothing else. If time does not exist (it's actually impossible for time to exist - since there is only "now") then this would explain why the universe has no boundaries. (No boundaries = no scale.)
We can wrap our hearts around it though!
Old 12-24-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Have you ever read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? It starts with a funny analogy to the size of the universe (really really big), yeah, its pretty wonderous.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
Have you ever read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? It starts with a funny analogy to the size of the universe (really really big), yeah, its pretty wonderous.
Hey, I read that book a long time ago. That was a good book.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:04 AM

Then the fact that God limited man's life to a number of years also equals the limiting of other things like putting these things i.e. galaxies into containers. We have not been given a vision of infinity therefore we have had limits placed on pretty much everything while we are in this "present time".
Old 12-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
You can get it on DVD as well! 2 versions. It screened as a mini series kind of event on television which, around our twenties mate thing, was a forward anticipation event.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
Hey, I read that book a long time ago. That was a good book.
I read the whole series I think, the last one I read was "Goodbye and Thanks for all the Fish!" I had read the series when in my late twenties I think, and I am 50+ now. Despite its funniness, I probably woudnt reread it, it is just a bit over the top in its view of creation, who is in control and such. If I had to guess, I would say it was written by an atheist who was a nice comedian as well... pretty rare these days. I cant remember any outright attacks on faith in the series (but my memory is vague on it), but it seemed to take a view that the earth is just sorta a crazy unimportant world filled with unimportant people, and the only reason it has any significance at all is its porpoises which are a million times more advanced than humans but that these porpoises are tired of us humans and are leaving for better things.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
You can get it on DVD as well! 2 versions. It screened as a mini series kind of event on television which, around our twenties mate thing, was a forward anticipation event.
I saw something on tv once about it, it was where this guy from Britain with his alien friend left the earth (hitchhiking on alien spacecraft) just before it was destroyed by some aliens making room for a space highway. And his friend gave him this book that told you "everything" about almost anything in the galaxy. Then he met this dude who had stolen a spaceship more advanced than any other spaceship who happened to be dating this girl from earth he had met at a party, then he finally went to someplace that made worlds in a factory enviroment, and they had another earth just like the one that was destroyed just before it was destroyed, and it was placed in the same spot as the last one with all the people and such, as if it had never been destroyed.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Suspended for Review

Galaxy Song - Monty Python - The Meaning Of Life - YouTube

There is this from Monty Python's Meaning of Life.