Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > It Lives!

Old 05-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Suspended for Review

Default It Lives!

Well , OK, they haven’t created life from scratch and that’s not where this is headed. But they have ‘built’ an organism that uses a completely synthetic DNA. That is, one that was created from first principles, literally from bottles of chemicals. Read all about it here: Synthetic Genome Brings New Life to Bacterium -- Pennisi 328 (5981): 958 -- Science

Producing more complex DNA is just a matter of degree now that we know it can be done. We went from Kitty Hawk to the Sea of Tranquility in less than 70 years. Where will we be in 2080?

“So that the assembled genome would be recognizable as synthetic, four of the ordered DNA sequences contained strings of bases that, in code, spell out an e-mail address, the names of many of the people involved in the project, and a few famous quotations”.

My mouth literally dropped open when I read that. Why didn’t God leave a mailing address!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:39 AM
Xaris

Default Re: It Lives!

Because if He did we would not need faith.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:46 AM
Giuliano

Where's it headed? It sounds like the days of Noah to me.

Remember all those strange animals, half-this and half-that, in mythology? Some of them are also half-man, half-animal? I believe some of them were real. Some served as symbols too; but I think some were real. Why not? Genesis says that flesh was corrupt.

Genesis 6:12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

We are also told that Noah was different somehow:

Genesis 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Sure there was genetic manipulation then. Where the text says "all the earth," that means "the earth known to them." The Jews specify the limits of the physical flood; but that physical flood eliminated the worst genetic corruptions, but elsewhere around the planet, some effects do remain.

The goal of the dark side was the total enslavement of the human race, of course, by engineering a subservient race incapable of much mental insight and of no spiritual sight at all. I started praying about this years ago, hoping to postpone this for as long as possible. You can read the old myths about how the gods toyed with humans then; and the same spiritual forces now wish to play gods again, I guess. If they succeed, they'll put Hitler and his little scheme to promote the Aryan race to shame. If people think Monsanto and genetically modified corn and grains are upsetting things, they ain't seen nothin' yet.

We already have seen some loony types (go ahead, think I'm loony too, ha) trying to outpicture this kind of genetic confusion -- the kind that have their faces and bodies modified to look like animals. Then we have the mad scientists who will enable them, the greedy corporations who will want to make a buck doing it, and the power-hungry politicians eager to create a subservient populace. Fun, fun, fun!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Where will we be in 2080?

Long gone as 12/21/12 will be here first and like the Mayans, we'll be history.

Quote:
My mouth literally dropped open when I read that. Why didn’t God leave a mailing address!
Pop me open a cold one and I'll go have a look see at this. I love to read things that surprise you. Perhaps God left His address for you in those perfectly coded DNA strains.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Josif59

Quote:
Well , OK, they haven’t created life from scratch and that’s not where this is headed. But they have ‘built’ an organism that uses a completely synthetic DNA. That is, one that was created from first principles, literally from bottles of chemicals. Read all about it here: Synthetic Genome Brings New Life to Bacterium -- Pennisi 328 (5981): 958 -- Science

Producing more complex DNA is just a matter of degree now that we know it can be done. We went from Kitty Hawk to the Sea of Tranquility in less than 70 years. Where will we be in 2080?

“So that the assembled genome would be recognizable as synthetic, four of the ordered DNA sequences contained strings of bases that, in code, spell out an e-mail address, the names of many of the people involved in the project, and a few famous quotations”.

I've created life from scratch. When I was a kid I had some chicken feed (scratch) that ended up getting wet and becoming moldy. Thereby having a hand in creating life (mold) from scratch (chicken feed). lol

Well.....OK.....so maybe that's a bit of a stretch from what is going on in the labs these days.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:

Maybe He did and we just can't read it yet. Or maybe you just have to want to see it. If you're not looking, its rare to find. Truth is alot of the scientists whose opinions you'd trust are trying to prove God doesn't exist and wouldn't even consider evidence that He does. It would be dismissed out of hand.
One thing I've noticed is that there sure are an aweful lot of co-incidences in the world with mathmatical chances that make them nearly impossible.
I live in Michigan. Its really cool being able to use your hands as a map.
You try it. Face your palms at you, index finger of your right hand pointing up and the index finger of your left hand pointing right, stick the thumb on your left hand straight up (thats the Keewanaw Pennisula).
Calculate the chances, scientist.

Last edited by thelowlyfisherman : 05-26-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Gentlewind

Dean Koontz has some great stories out showing the grim possibilies of messing around with DNA. Well, he and others . . . I don't knooooow . . .
Old 05-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josif59 View Post
I've created life from scratch. When I was a kid I had some chicken feed (scratch) that ended up getting wet and becoming moldy. Thereby having a hand in creating life (mold) from scratch (chicken feed). lol

Well.....OK.....so maybe that's a bit of a stretch from what is going on in the labs these days.
Not really. Pretty much identical, except its more "controlled" in a lab, so the "scientists" can take more credit.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:25 PM

Well, I wouldn't get too excited as yet. A DNA strand for the most primitive life form is a pretty simple feat for man to design these days. To build and design DNA particles and strands as intriquite and as many as is required for anything more complex, is still well beyond our means to produce.

2nd- Man is who produced the simple DNA that ended up with an "email addy. God didn't have to, as He put his "Signature" of the Trinity in all life at its most basic levels.

God bless!!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:17 AM

With further progress, it will be possible to cheaply and easily synthesize pathogens, and even modify them to make them perfectly lethal and superinfectious. Do you recall that in 2001 they made mousepox 100% lethal? ow they have made cowpox 100 percent deadly to humans because they thought they ought to experiment like that.

But getting back on topic.....I am surprised you are impressed with this. After all, this is a watchmaker copying an old watch. What would be shocking is if DNA was self assembling in some soup in a lab somewhere, and then ordering itself into a new organism....and also spontaneously reproducing itself without any aid by the watchmaker at all.

Blessings
someday