Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Is this Science or Religion?

Old 08-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Default Is this Science or Religion?

This video is amazing:

True2ourselves Videos - Quantum Knowledge
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Is this Science of Religion?

Wow........
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Daniel

lol..i can see these people when they are gone and sitting in the lake of fire trying to rationalize how they really arent there and are only percieving to be in tremendous agony.

do you buy into this stuff mark? or is this just something you wanted us to view?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:03 PM

When considered in the face of such a vast unknown one must look at our own petty bickering and quarreling and ask "why?". We know so little, how could we have so much to say?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Heneni

If everything we see is not real, and our thoughts is what make it real, in other words our thoughts create our reality, then naturally the scientists that have spoken must acknowledge that the conclusions they have drawn is also not real, its just real because they are conseptualising it to be. Its all a bit fuzzy to me.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:27 PM
preachergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by christkid777 View Post
We know so little, how could we have so much to say?
Good point C.K.! I believe in the popular idiom that who knows the least thinks they know the most and who really does know a little something realizes how little they know!

"Eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and neither has it entered into the mind of man..." Amen?

It's Astonishing!

I absolutely love the fact of the many scientists who do finally conclude that there's no way there can't be a God! And they do.

And here us little humans think we can judge God and his Word...it's beyond silly isn't it?

If we had even a clue we would be on our face instead of railing in question and denial and judgement...Amen?

It occurs to me "again" that God (not man) claims that Atheist's do not really disbelieve in God, but deny him. Denial of course turns to disbelief.

I sincerely hope they give it up for God, Amen.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:54 PM

I agree PG. We need to remember that every element of our existence was provided for us by God. All of what we call knowledge was only one of His ideas. The very fabric of space and time was only one of His inventions. Walking in humility with the Creator will reveal an eternity of new sights, sounds and elements of creation. We will never come up to His level of knowledge. If we do the journey will be over.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachergirl View Post
It occurs to me "again" that God (not man) claims that Atheist's do not really disbelieve in God, but deny him. Denial of course turns to disbelief.
No, PG. It is simple, basic, unbelief. Do you really think that it's denial? I can understand your position, but why can't you conceive mine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preachergirl View Post
I sincerely hope they give it up for God, Amen
I'll go out on a limb here. I don't think that you sincerely hope that 'they' give it up for God. There's a lack of understanding that would prevent it.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:09 PM

Now back to the OP. Is this science or religion? I don't think at the deepest level there is a break between science properly practiced and the truth we espouse as Christians. At a level deeper than the human mind can imagine all existent things emanate from God. They are all joined in a manner of speaking. Just like two rivers welling up from the same spring, one flowing down one side of a mountain and the other flowing down the opposite side. One may flow into a desert and the other into a jungle. They are not the same rivers but they share the same source. Everything is connected even if the union is only in the mind of God. It is a matter of consistency in faith. The pursuit of revelation is a part of science and a part of religion. Science pursues revelation of the limited natural universe while religion pursues revelation of the infinite spiritual nature of God. Unfortunatley the limited mind of man has trouble joining seeming disparate revelations of God and the universe. It was once said that all roads lead to Rome. That was not really true but it is true that all pathways of knowledge will lead to the creator. That is, if we are looking in the right direction.

I think many sincere scientist find themselves challenged by the almost religious nature of the knowledge of the universe they are uncovering. And I thing many religious people are challenged by just how close this same knowledge seems to come to a spiritual revelation. What it really means is that one does not have to dig very deeply into the structure or nature of the universe to encounter realities that bear no resemblance to the universe of light and substance in witch we live day to day. Our perceived universe is like beauty, it is only skin deep.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:41 PM
preachergirl

Brad, What did I say that made you think that I don't really hope they give it up to God? When I wrote that my heart was sincere and in love, and not in any state of anomosity at all or judging...so why would I not truly hope that? That surprises me.

The reason I talked about it being denial and not mere disbelief....was not at all in motive or attempt with a judgemental spirit...and I see that could have been perceived...but it was not my motive...I don't have that judgemental attitude toward atheists that we know many do have....

The only reason I said it was that it was in my mind what I had just been reading in John...when the Pharisees were debating with Christ....it was Jesus, not me, who in many places has explained that the issues of life all proceed out of the "heart".....

While the Pharisees had an outward "appearance" of God's righteousness...in their hearts they denied God, according to Jesus....

The point Jesus made and does make is that his law is written in every mans' heart and our response...including the response of the Pharisees who outwardly believed they were doing God a service by condemning his Son...was that ultimatley they denied God in their "hearts"....

And as a result they really did not Believe God...but they believed in their own evil hearts....

Yes this does relate....because it's God, not me, who "reveals" that it's in our heart that we either "Believe" on Christ or deny him....and when we deny him not only are we "without" the Light to even really Know him, but furthermore God helps our denial by allowing us to Believe in the darkness that we "choose".....

No doubt when we are far from Christ and the Light which is him...we are going to Believe in the darkness that the god of this age blinds us with....as a result of simply not Believing in the Light....

A person is surely going to simply Not Believe in Christ...when their heart has chosen not to.....our spiritual estate is a result...not of our mind but our heart according to God...if our heart denies him so does our mind...our mind follows our heart in essence.