Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > When they say peace and safety

Old 07-11-2009, 06:45 PM

Default When they say peace and safety

It is interesting to me how the more "progress" we make the more the natural world adapts to keep up. When we read of blight's and famines in scripture we have no reality to connect the stories too. But those things are still with us. Consider the following:

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Late blight, which caused the Irish Potato Famine of the 1840s and 1850s, is killing potato and tomato plants in home gardens from Maine to Ohio and threatening commercial and organic farms, U.S. plant scientists said on Friday.

"Late blight has never occurred this early and this widespread in the United States," said Meg McGrath, a plant pathologist at Cornell University's extension center in Riverhead, New York.

She said the fungal disease, spread by spores carried in the air, has made its way into the garden centers of large retail chains in the Northeastern United States.

"Wal-mart, Home Depot, Sears, Kmart and Lowe's are some of the stores the plants have been seen in," McGrath said in a telephone interview.

The disease, known officially as Phytophthora infestans, causes large mold-ringed olive-green or brown spots on plant leaves, blackened stems, and can quickly wipe out weeks of tender care in a home garden.

McGrath said in her 21 years of research, she has only seen five outbreaks in the United States. The destructive disease can spread rapidly in cooler, moist weather, infecting an entire field within days.

"What's unique about it this year is we have never seen plants affected in garden centers being sold to home gardeners," she said.

This year's cool, wet weather created perfect conditions for the disease. "Hopefully, it will turn sunny," McGrath said. "If we get into our real summer hot dry weather, this disease is going to slow way down."

FUNGICIDES WILL CONTROL BLIGHT

According to its website, the University Maryland's Plant Diagnostic Lab got a suspect tomato sample as early as June 12, very early in the tomato growing season, which runs from April-September.

McGrath said the risk is that many gardeners will not recognize it, putting commercial farms and especially organic growers at risk.

"My concern is for growers. They are going to have to put a lot more time and effort in trying to control the disease. It's going to be a very tough year," she said.

"This pathogen can move great distances in the air. It often does little jumps, but it can make some big leaps."

McGrath said the impact on the farmer will depend on how much the pathogen is spread. "Eastern New York is seeing a lot of disease," she said.

She said commercial farmers will be able to use fungicides containing chlorothalonil to control the blight.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:37 PM
blu

Default Re: When they say peace and safety

Yea, and 1/3 or more of our ocean is polluted too! And the air we breath.

(Isa 51:6) Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christkid777 View Post
It is interesting to me how the more "progress" we make the more the natural world adapts to keep up.
Yes. It's often referred to as biological evolution. It's a truly amazing example of God's ingenuity.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:52 PM
blu

So does our bodies, but we are full of band-aids.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:55 PM

Band aids? That is why I quit shaving.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christkid777 View Post
Band aids? That is why I quit shaving.
If I quit shaving, the only part you could see of me would be the top of my head, the palms of my hands, and the souls of my feet.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu View Post
Yea, and 1/3 or more of our ocean is polluted too! And the air we breath.

(Isa 51:6) Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

`:for when they shall say,peace and safety;then sudden destruction
cometh upon them,as travail upon a woman with child:and they shall
not escape. -1thess.5:3

who is this referring to?well,lets go to the book of revelation there we
will find out who the woman with child is.we read revelation chapter 12,verse 1>:And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed
with the sun,and the moon under her feet,and upon her head a
crown of twelve stars:
2:And she being with child cried,travailing in birth,and pained to
be delivered.
5.And she brought forth a man child,who was to rule all nations
with a rod of iron:and her child was caught up unto god,and
to his throne.

revelation 12:1,2&5.
the woman is israel the sun and moon are types and shadows the crown of twelve stars are the twelve tribes of israel. she being with child cried travailing in birth and pained to be delivered is is foreshadowing her future birth pangs which now we see the nation of israel experiancing as the apostle spoke concerning a future time when she will undergo severe birth pangs that will lead to a false peace with surrounding nations as we now see the middle east peace process setting the fulfillment of daniel 11:31
this will be the beginning of when they shall peace and safety when they sign the peace covenant allowing the jews to rebuild their third temple on temple mount!!then after 3 yrs into this peace agreement the antichrist will break it!!and the prophecy of the abomination of desolation will take place!!
as foretold in the above scripture. then sudden destruction will come upon them as a travailing woman meaning they those nations will come against israel but god will meet them with sudden destruction compared to that of israel's sufferings!!!!!!!!only greater!!!!!!!!!but israel will be redeemed!!!!!!!
and she will be rescued this time from all her enemies when christ returns at armageddon as seen in chapter 2 of daniel where the stone cut out of a mountain without hands is seen by nebuchadnezzar striking the great image of world empires destroying the final world gentile power under the roman antichrist!!!!!!!!and guided by the false religious prophet!!!!!!!!they will meet final destruction!!!!!!!!!!!!when they shall peace and safety!!!!!!!!!!!
but genuine peace will not be til the coming of christ to riegn over the earth.
as king of kings and lord of lords!!!!!!!!!!!
maranatha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!