Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Come Waltzing Matilda... new dinosaurs

Old 07-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Come Waltzing Matilda... new dinosaurs

Thoughts? Hey, Brad, glad to see something put you guys back on the map!!! LOL - here I thought that it was the honor of being the country that made H1N1 flu the pandemic.

Three new species of dinosaur found in Australia - Telegraph
Old 07-03-2009, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Come Waltzing Matilda... new dinosaurs

I like dinosaurs, they are great at making fuels that make my truck go vhroom vhroom.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-03-2009, 04:31 PM

Thought? Not sure what you mean, but I agree dinos are sort of neat - well those that were the 2 herbivores anyway, other one might not have been very nice to meet up with...

Let's hope if they are collecting the DNA to play with they only play with the herbivores.... and not many of them....

In Christ
Windy
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsong View Post
Thought? Not sure what you mean, but I agree dinos are sort of neat - well those that were the 2 herbivores anyway, other one might not have been very nice to meet up with...

Let's hope if they are collecting the DNA to play with they only play with the herbivores.... and not many of them....

In Christ
Windy
Sorry, Windy: I read too many articles on this this am and grabbed over the one without a timeline reference to it. The Time online article states that the fossils date back about 100 million years. In addition to being extremely large, the date struck me. Here's the other link. From T-Rex to Waltzing Matilda - three new dinosaurs found Down Under - Times Online
Old 07-03-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFinishedYet View Post
Sorry, Windy: I read too many articles on this this am and grabbed over the one without a timeline reference to it. The Time online article states that the fossils date back about 100 million years. In addition to being extremely large, the date struck me. Here's the other link. From T-Rex to Waltzing Matilda - three new dinosaurs found Down Under - Times Online
Their time lines are speculation... sorry now I am sticking my foot in it hehe. I talked to a geology professor once trying to figure out how they came to the dates used. Was an honest question on my part because I didn't know - told him in my college physics class if we weighted something we had a set of weights to calibrate our equipment with so we knew the measurements were accurate. So dumb me asked him so I could understand how they could figure the dates of say rocks. He told me it was by comparing one to another and he kept going around in circles with no real answer. I told him that what he was saying was circular reasoning, I wanted to know how they understood the decay rate. And he told me they could determine the decay rate by what they have observed and tested and then they took that information and they arbitrarily determined that the decay rate has been the same for billions of years.... I asked how they could test that billions with no change in decay - he told me they couldn't so they had to set that as a parameter in order to be able to calculate the information. This is how they get those years from geological and biological dates.... it makes no sense and they don't bother telling people. I just started laughling. He asked me what were they suppose to do? They can't calculate without that parameter set and they can't set the parameter as they have only been recording such information for less than say 100 years - they reasoned that if the decay rate was stable for say 100 years then they could arbitrarily set a parameter so that the decay rate never changed in billions of years - with it as a constant they can date rock.... or anything else.

Funny thing is that rock we know was created with the eruption of Mt. St. Helens also dates billions of years old and it was created from molten rock when that volcano erupted in the 80's (think it was in the late 80's - sorry if it was in the early 90's). And there are other methods of dating which give different results and maybe more accurate and they know that.....

If some would just be honest and admit that they can not calculate the ages with any accuracy. Actually they fool themselves more than anything. When I was asking the questions of the geology professor (phd kind) others were astonished at the answers he was giving and astonished that he didn't seem to understand the ramifications of what he was saying - he still indicated that the dates were factual truth.....

Anyway since then those sort of dates mean nothing to me.... it also is known that we don't even need thousands of years to create oil from matter nor diamonds from carbon - both take pressure, if the pressure is high enough they can be created in months not thousands of years. No these scientists do not look for answers to agree outside their own field and the oil and diamond issue is fairly recent in understanding. Use to be they thought that all our oil was from the dinos and indeed it is not and now they think it is replenishing because it doesn't take as long as they originally thought....

Anyway I don't put a lot of weight in those dates they put up out there - their science is flawed by arbitrarily set parameters which give them the answers they are looking for.... who would have thunk

Can we know then? Well God was there and He has told us what He did.... can we know exactly? My opinion: No but does it matter, if we believe God and what He says? Don't really see how. Would like to know if there will be dinos again in the new heavens and earth though because I would like to see some of them.... but no carnivores plz.

In Christ
Windy
Old 07-04-2009, 06:10 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Funny thing is that rock we know was created with the eruption of Mt. St. Helens also dates billions of years old and it was created from molten rock when that volcano erupted in the 80's (think it was in the late 80's - sorry if it was in the early 90's). And there are other methods of dating which give different results and maybe more accurate and they know that.....
I have a beautiful emerald necklace whose stone was made by the pressure of that eruption. It was in April of 1980... about the time I met my husband and he proposed. I've always claimed it was our meeting that caused that eruption, so he got the Mt. St. Helens emerald as a token of our love. LOL - We met and married in a period of about 10 weeks: been 29 years now. Talk about pressure forming lasting rocks or condensing events that should take lotsa time! (Did I mention he was engaged when we met?)

Dating of events has always been a bit of a mystery to me, but I do believe the earth is older than 6k. So, I'm curious when I see these kind of discoveries.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Josif59

Quote:
I have a beautiful emerald necklace whose stone was made by the pressure of that eruption. It was in April of 1980... about the time I met my husband and he proposed. I've always claimed it was our meeting that caused that eruption, so he got the Mt. St. Helens emerald as a token of our love. LOL - We met and married in a period of about 10 weeks: been 29 years now. Talk about pressure forming lasting rocks or condensing events that should take lotsa time! (Did I mention he was engaged when we met?)

Dating of events has always been a bit of a mystery to me, but I do believe the earth is older than 6k. So, I'm curious when I see these kind of discoveries.
I was out mowing the yard and a neighbor kid came running down the street all freaked out: "The mountain blew up!!! The mountain blew up!!! You have to get in your house!!! I thought it was the biggest thunder storm I'd ever seen. Left a quarter inch of really fine ash on everything; a local potter became something more than a 'poor artist' as a result, perfect glazing material that was a 'novelty item'. There is a quart jar of that ash somewheres amongst the accumulated clutter around here.

Like most everything else in this computer day and age, what was once known as carbon dating has really transformed into a completely different thing. One thing that has come out of archeology is 'forensic science'. Someone can find a skull out in the woods. They can determine the gender, nationality, and age within a year or two. Mold some clay, take a couple mug shots, send them over the 'net' to law enforcement agencies to compare to their missing person files. And bingo, they have a match. Same thing with dinosaur skeletons; determine the exact muscle mass, agility, size, etc. As I recall, daniel 'predicted' this skyrocketing increase in knowledge, but that is for a different thread.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josif59 View Post
I was out mowing the yard and a neighbor kid came running down the street all freaked out: "The mountain blew up!!! The mountain blew up!!! You have to get in your house!!! I thought it was the biggest thunder storm I'd ever seen. Left a quarter inch of really fine ash on everything; a local potter became something more than a 'poor artist' as a result, perfect glazing material that was a 'novelty item'. There is a quart jar of that ash somewheres amongst the accumulated clutter around here.
We were living outside Muncie Indiana at that time and awoke in the morning to a layer of ash on the car and roof....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josif59
Like most everything else in this computer day and age, what was once known as carbon dating has really transformed into a completely different thing. One thing that has come out of archeology is 'forensic science'. Someone can find a skull out in the woods. They can determine the gender, nationality, and age within a year or two. Mold some clay, take a couple mug shots, send them over the 'net' to law enforcement agencies to compare to their missing person files. And bingo, they have a match. Same thing with dinosaur skeletons; determine the exact muscle mass, agility, size, etc. As I recall, daniel 'predicted' this skyrocketing increase in knowledge, but that is for a different thread.
I'd like to see your thoughts in that thread. I think the rapid increase in knowledge over the past 100 years is telling.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Josif59

Quote:
We were living outside Muncie Indiana at that time and awoke in the morning to a layer of ash on the car and roof....

I'd like to see your thoughts in that thread. I think the rapid increase in knowledge over the past 100 years is telling.
I was unaware it had difted that far and still be noticeable.

Hmmm.....Are you suggesting I make my first thread?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josif59 View Post
I was unaware it had difted that far and still be noticeable.
Even farther: my brother was living in Ithaca NY and reported ash too. I've have to google and see how far they tracked it.

add on: Welcome to CoreFacts, where we're always short on time and big on science. I'm Brian Campbell. Today's question is …

How far did the ash from Mount St. Helens travel?

The May 18, 1980 eruptive column at Mount St. Helens fluctuated in height through the day, but the eruption subsided by late afternoon. By early May 19, the eruption had stopped. By that time the ash cloud had spread to the central United States. Two days later, even though the ash cloud had become more diffuse, fine ash was detected by systems used to monitor air pollution in several cities of the northeastern United States. Some of the ash drifted around the globe within about 2 weeks.

And now you know.

Quote:
Hmmm.....Are you suggesting I make my first thread?
I'll be there with ya.

Last edited by NotFinishedYet : 07-04-2009 at 09:28 AM.