Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Analysis says bones are St Pauls

Old 06-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Suspended for Review

Default Analysis says bones are St Pauls

This from yesterday's 'The Australian' (Analysis says bones are Saint Paul's, says Pope Benedict | The Australian)

THE Pope says a scientific analysis found that bone fragments in a tomb unopened for 19 centuries were most likely those of Saint Paul.

"A tiny hole was made to introduce a probe" which led to the retrieval of "miniscule bone fragments, and carbon dating showed they belonged to someone who lived between the first and the second century," the pope said.

"That seems to confirm the undisputed, and long-held view that the tomb contains the remains of Paul the Apostle," Benedict said.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Analysis says bones are St Pauls

Pretty cool, isnt it Brad? What you think about that?
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:10 PM

I have no problems at all with Paul as a real person, but to what did they compare these bone fragments to determine they were not some one else?
Old 06-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
Pretty cool, isnt it Brad? What you think about that?
I think it's pretty cool, too. I don't doubt that he could have actually existed (although, correct me if I'm wrong, it's only from his writings that we know him) and the circumstantial evidence that it could be Paul is reasonably strong.

It draws you level with Islam that you can confirm the resting place of the 'First Christian'.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Josif59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I think it's pretty cool, too. I don't doubt that he could have actually existed (although, correct me if I'm wrong, it's only from his writings that we know him) and the circumstantial evidence that it could be Paul is reasonably strong.

It draws you level with Islam that you can confirm the resting place of the 'First Christian'.
Greetings Brad,

I believe that person known as 'Paul of Tarsus' existed from what I have read outside of that pile of paper and ink called 'the bible'. And yet they are just 'words' of others. Considering the fact that too many people are into that manmade religious ritual of ancestor worship, I am quite sure that certain people would make the effort that one who you correctly identified as the 'first christian' would make sure that his mortal body was 'entombed' in such a manner that later generations would at least be able to identify it as being from a particular 'day and age'. So much for 'ancestor worship', eh.

Let's fast forward 2o years or so. Someone takes it upon themselves to do some research on something called a 'forum'. In their research they stumble upon this thing called 'true2yourself'. They notice this 'person' called 'Brad'. Is this a real person? Or some sort of 'computer bot' that keys on certain words and makes a comment, even goes so far as opening what those people in that day and age called a 'thread', that would cause the general populuos to think about what they believed in. Hmmmm...never built some big shrine in his name, must have been just a 'computer bot'. It gladdens me to 'know' the diffence from living in this day and age , to be alive and 'know' you for who you are.

Continued blessings upom you and yours,

P.S. Even though we see things from a different point of view, considering we are two unique individual 'beings' that above all is certainly understandable. I feel compelled to thank you for 'lending an ear' and allowing me to 'vent' via your 'threads'.

P.S.S. I am thinking of a weekend you had mentioned about skiing. And what you derive from it. I think of those who desperately seek out the ski lift to the mountain top, looking at that as the place to be. But they fail to understand it is the ski trip from there, the 'life' that originates from that 'mountain top', that is what matters (you strap on those skis and it is a wonderous life, eh.). Til another time,
Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josif59 View Post
I think of those who desperately seek out the ski lift to the mountain top, looking at that as the place to be. But they fail to understand it is the ski trip from there, the 'life' that originates from that 'mountain top', that is what matters (you strap on those skis and it is a wonderous life, eh.). Til another time,
Well, Josif, I'll just say that I have called upon the Lord on more than one occasion whilst negotiating some of the steeper slopes...
Old 07-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by christkid777 View Post
I have no problems at all with Paul as a real person, but to what did they compare these bone fragments to determine they were not some one else?

My question exactly when I heard this.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFinishedYet View Post
Well gee whiz Peggy and James, that is true, but..... our christian life is about faith. Its not like if its not true, our faith will be shaken to the core.
Whether its his bones or not, I think its neat that they found the bones to be of the proper time period. Even if we were there when they placed him in his resting spot, it still woudnt prove it was him. This holds true for anyone of noteriety placed in some special resting place, the resting places of pharohs have been looted time and again. I visited Isreal about 20 years ago, and they had the supposed resting spot of some of the Patriarchs. I originally thought the same thing, then figured, so what, whether its true or not, wouldnt it be neat if it was.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by christkid777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFinishedYet View Post
All right you two! this was just like yanking {word there just for you NFY} a ice cream out of a kids hand when you both said this!

Does make one wonder.......Dewayne
Old 07-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Knight of the Forum

Sorry all! Didn't mean to be the spoil sport. God does marvelous things and often shows us glimpses of historical matter to confirm the faiths we walk in. I truly hope that this is one of those times that He's giving us a peek....