Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Global Warming or God?

Old 06-16-2009, 07:05 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Global Warming or God?

So, do you think the world wide events we're seeing such as fires, glacial melting, storms, etc. are results of:

1.) man's mistreatment of his environ (global warming type thought)
2.) natural cycle of life on earth (the earth trying to slough us off)
3.) The Hand of God (end time prophecies being fulfilled)
4.) a combo of the above

pick an answer and tell us why.

Cool site I found that tracks global disasters:World Disasters, 21st Century Map
Old 06-16-2009, 07:53 AM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: Global Warming or God?

Me, I'm a global warming skeptic.

And it really ticks me off that most of the people with whom I agree seem to be conservatives! I thought I was a tree hugging greeny left wing liberal and a lot of the right wing are backing me up! What's going on here?

Skepticism does have its drawbacks...

And I see you figured out mobile gifs.

Last edited by Brad : 06-16-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Interesting question...

I think I would choose number 4. .... God created everything, therefore, a "seemingly naturally" Earth/sun cycle is really the world working exactly how it was 'designed' too i.e. following the will of God.

I personally think humans have little to do with Global warming - a lot of scientists actually agree with this... there have been times in Earth's history that it was warmer than it is now (and that was way before pollution). Furthermore, many of the other planets in our solar system are warming as well... so what does that tell you about human involvement?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
And I see you figured out mobile gifs.
Ain't she cute? I've always loved her driving skills. Don't tell anyone, but I imitate her when we're on long road trips. Complete with sucking sound for pacifier, honking horn and pretend steering (Randy always drives).
Old 06-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Josif59

I'll go with #2, an 'accident of time'. And join #3 in making the best of a bad situation.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I think I would choose number 4. .... God created everything, therefore, a "seemingly naturally" Earth/sun cycle is really the world working exactly how it was 'designed' too i.e. following the will of God.
I agree with Mark.....kinda like all things working together towards God's good purpose.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:07 PM
quietude

I'd say it's a combination of all of them, that is if I actually believed in global warming as an anthropogenic phenomenon, which I don't. At least not right now.

However, there are many last-days judgements mentioned in the 16th chapter of Revelation that very well may be brought about directly by men and not by God, although He gives us the prophecy pertaining to their occurrence. One of them is men being scorched with great heat.

So I guess it's not so important to me that global warming is or is not occurring. If it is, then that's just another reminder to me that Christ will be coming soon, and that I ought to have my life in order from day to day. That's where I think we miss the boat collectively. Instead of focusing on how to reduce carbon emissions, we ought to be focusing on how to increase emissions of good will and moral living. When we are truly at peace with ourselves we can better see how to improve our outward conditions.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:43 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josif59 View Post
Greetings Peggy,

You already ‘know’ where I ended up and why concerning ‘global warming’. It was hard to accept what is going on compared to what I personally considered the cause of ‘global warming‘. I have been following this ‘global warming’ since the early ‘70s. Speaking of the early ‘70s. My class of ‘72, actually it was 8th grade so we are talking about ‘67-’68. It was the last class in the school district that taught ‘etiquette’ in girls home-ec. Would see gals walking down the hallway balancing books on their head to practice proper balance; teach them to drink their hot cocoa with their pinky finger sticking out. Back in those days all women wore dresses so they would teach them how to sit down and cross their legs properly. Teach them how to ‘courtesy’, men bowed and women courtesied. Back to the global warming. One never noticed it when there were only hundreds, or even thousands. Was only when it turned into the millions that it was ‘noticeable’. And now there are billions of women around the world who have grown out of the custom of sitting with their legs crossed and all that heat escapes. If you look at the ‘time line’. I personally witnessed this in high school. All it would take is one gal to walk into a classroom wearing a miniskirt and sit down with her legs uncrossed and the temperature would skyrocket. It would get so hot that us guys would be loosening our shirt collars and panting like dogs.
Do I need to fetch that bucket of water from the other thread? LOL. The Love Generation setting a spark that is the root of global warming may be as good of an explanation as any other. And I do remember those classes: I was quite proud of being able to walk with that book.

The UN conference in Bonn on Climate Change has been going on this month and they continue to point to pollution and man as major factors. Obama is basing much of his policies on this global stance. On the other hand, the report of the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change has just published their findings stating an opposing view.

I see it all unfolding as God had planned: there will be disasters as His natural laws reign. but what does He have against Indonesia??????
Old 06-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Josif59

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFinishedYet View Post
Do I need to fetch that bucket of water from the other thread? LOL. The Love Generation setting a spark that is the root of global warming may be as good of an explanation as any other. And I do remember those classes: I was quite proud of being able to walk with that book.

The UN conference in Bonn on Climate Change has been going on this month and they continue to point to pollution and man as major factors. Obama is basing much of his policies on this global stance. On the other hand, the report of the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change has just published their findings stating an opposing view.

I see it all unfolding as God had planned: there will be disasters as His natural laws reign. but what does He have against Indonesia??????
Just got off the phone with God. He told me He was using Indonesia and everything else as practice with His eye on a particular place in New York. I asked Him why that location. He said He randomly opened the phone book and landed on the name 'Joby'. OK, on a serious note. Word is the whole world is to be deceived. Common sense dictates that one should keep from following the crowd and focusing on where the propaganda spin meisters are pointing their fingers. I chose to keep my eye on the finger pointers, rather than where they are pointing. As for Indonesia, I get the impression that alot of people are going to be wishing they had it as easy as the Indonesians did. But that is for another day, eh.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:31 PM

You left an option out.... money - funny how those who are telling us about this global warming (funny how cold this last winter was isn't it - you know technically the earth hasn't warmed in a number of years and indeed is cooling faster that it warmed) and those melting ice caps (funny how they actually are increacing at some spots....) all seem to make a whole lot of money and they get to use all the carbon on their planes, homes, jets etc. while they tell you to cut your emissions..... And people fall for it - what was it PT Barnum was famous for saying.... Well I guess he was correct.

As far a God being in control - He is in control of weather so we really don't have to worry. The con men (shysters) on the other hand could be viewed just as the the corruption of man in all it's glorious stupidity (or insanity if you look in their eyes when they speak this could fit) leading to the end time events.

I have a question though - how can a minister of God be fooled into "global warming" issues when indeed this earth according to Scripture is sustained by Christ? Do they not understand just who God is? Oh puny man who thinks he can destroy the earth ....

In Christ
Windy