Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > The Missing Link Found?

Old 06-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Default The Missing Link Found?

Some scientists are calling this the missing link - the first real "transitional" fossil ever found:

YouTube - Scientists Unveil Missing Link In Human Evolution
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Daniel

Default Re: The Missing Link Found?

I saw this about a month ago. I was very pleased to see that I came from a lizard. Explains alot about my personality. Now if you will excuse me ima go catch some flies with my tongue.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Josif59

They got her name wrong. It was Mara Spitz. The reason I know this is because I dated her mother in a past lifetime. I kept telling her she would end up breaking the other arm if she kept making those fancy dives out of the tree top. I was gone when she made a bellyflop which resulted in her drowning. But the practice paid off in the long run. Thanks to reincarnation she managed to win a few gold medals.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Heneni

I can recal a few incidents of fossil fraud. Id wait a few years before id believe this one.

Heneni
Old 06-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heneni View Post
I can recal a few incidents of fossil fraud. Id wait a few years before id believe this one.

Heneni

We may not even have to wait a few years... I started looking into this fossil a little more closely and discovered there are many skeptics. I'm starting to think Ida (the name given to this supposed "missing link") is simply the remains of a modern-day lemur.

Here's a side-by-side comparison - you be the judge:

(Ida is on the left, a modern day lemur is on the right)

source of above image

*I believe they said this fossil was sold for a million bucks....
Old 06-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Heneni

Yeh...sure looks like a lemu.

A lemu for a million bucks. That surely must make it into the guiness book of records.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:39 AM

I would agree with Mark. This fossil evidence has been making the rounds on the net for some time now. Even from the start there was skepticism about it. And yes it sure looks like a lemur to me. But you can expect the zealots of evolution to hang on as long as they can. They will measure the brain cavity and claim small differences in brain size to be indicative of their assertions. Little bone spurs, differences in the length of arm bones, leg bones, skull proportions ect will all be pointed up as evidence of their new treasures importance in evolution. But it still looks like a lemur. A modern lemur. Which begs the question: What was a modern lemur doing hanging out forty five million years ago?

So Heneni, which one are you? In your picture I mean.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:46 PM

I've been called the Missing Link but I'm no Lemur.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Josif59

Greetings Mark,

When I first noticed your thread on the homepage, I thought you were letting people know you were still experiencing a bit of confusion at the golf course. Then I noticed it was listed under science instead of recreation.

If this fossil was indeed found imbedded in shale and predates what would be considered a 'modern day' lemur, it could indeed offer some clues to the progression of the development of a certain species of animal. What I find interesting is that it has fingernails instead of claws. Anyways, I chose to keep focused are where I am going instead of where my ancestors may have came from.

Blessings upon you
Old 06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Suspended for Review

Mark's link took me to Youtube where some guy had posted a short video showing - wait for it - lemurs. Not sure how that debunks evolution or even casts any doubt on the Ida fossil. The same guy has also posted videos of alien invasion, different dimensions, how the twin towers were hit by missiles (the planes were digital recreations) and lotsa interesting stuff about the Illuminati.

I Googled - 'Ida Lemur' and fund so much junk out there it defies belief.

Here's another skeptic who thinks that Ida is not quite what she seems to be (Ancient history links Ida (Lemur) to Alien theory not Darwin , page 1):

The original Lemurians were thought projections not physically beings. It made them higher in frequency and closer to the Creator's energy vibration level. Their souls came to Earth to experience the physical vibration. They were about nine feet tall, had scaly skin with an aqua cast, which changed from blue to green in conjunction with two seasonal cycles each year. They breathed through their skin, not lungs. Their faces were elongated and oval. Their eyes were large with vertical pupils.

And another (Atheist Scientists Hack Google To Show Ida Lemur Monkey Evolution Logo | ChristWire)

This all started yesterday, when several fundamentalist scientists pulled out a random 25-year-old lemur monkey fossil and tried to claim it was 47 million years old.

If that wasn’t bad enough, these scientists then hired trained snipers and sneaked into New York where they claimed the fossil came before man and magically evolved to create humans.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...