Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Jesus and the Butterfly

Old 03-29-2009, 04:45 PM
antonio

Default Jesus and the Butterfly

All things are unified. Both the eastern world view and Jesus' esoteric teachings had as their essence the awareness of the unity and the interrelation between all things and events. This basic oneness of all phenomenon in the world is called "Brahman" in Hinduism, "Dharmakaya" in Buddhism and "Tao" in Taoism. With Jesus He repeatedly expressed this basic oneness--love all as you love yourself, I and my Father are one, You are one with me, what you do you do to me, the metaphor of the grapevine.

This oneness is revealed in Quantum physics and mechanics. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum theory developed by Bohr and Heisenberg in 1920s reveals an essential interconnectedness of the universe. It shows that we can not decompose the world as we see it, into independently existing smallest units. In a way, it is a way of saying that any object is a manifestation of the interaction between the processes of preparation and measurements. As we penetrate into matter, we find that it is made of particles, but these are not the 'basic building blocks ' in the sense of Newton. As expressed by Niels Bohr, "Isolated material particles are abstractions, their properties being definable and observable only through their interactions with other systems.
Quantum theory has thus abolished the notion of fundamentally separated objects and introduced the concept of the participator to replace that of the observer.
Many physicists have asserted that exploration into modern physics have reached a plane implicit in Jesus' words and eastern thought. Examples of concept of unification of opposites are in reality available in the subatomic levels, where matter is both destructible and indestructible, both continuous and also discontinuous, matter is both particle and also wave. With t he introduction of probability into this quantum world, physics have in a way shown yet another striking resemblance to the eastern mysticism. Describing the probabili ty of a particle to exist in a certain place, Robert Oppenheiner says, " If we ask whether the position of the particle remains the same, we must say "no", if we ask whether the electron's position change with time, we must say "no". If w e ask whether the electron is at rest, we must say "no", if we ask whether it is in motion, we must say "no" ".
And Jesus, noting the same elusiveness, said, the Kingdom is not there, or there , neither there but within you. But where is "within you?" Of what does the kingdom consist? Is there anything more than the kingdom? If so what?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:27 PM
BruceG

Default Re: Jesus and the Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio View Post
All things are unified. Both the eastern world view and Jesus' esoteric teachings had as their essence the awareness of the unity and the interrelation between all things and events. This basic oneness of all phenomenon in the world is called "Brahman" in Hinduism, "Dharmakaya" in Buddhism and "Tao" in Taoism. With Jesus He repeatedly expressed this basic oneness--love all as you love yourself, I and my Father are one, You are one with me, what you do you do to me, the metaphor of the grapevine.

This oneness is revealed in Quantum physics and mechanics. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum theory developed by Bohr and Heisenberg in 1920s reveals an essential interconnectedness of the universe. It shows that we can not decompose the world as we see it, into independently existing smallest units. In a way, it is a way of saying that any object is a manifestation of the interaction between the processes of preparation and measurements. As we penetrate into matter, we find that it is made of particles, but these are not the 'basic building blocks ' in the sense of Newton. As expressed by Niels Bohr, "Isolated material particles are abstractions, their properties being definable and observable only through their interactions with other systems.
Quantum theory has thus abolished the notion of fundamentally separated objects and introduced the concept of the participator to replace that of the observer.
Many physicists have asserted that exploration into modern physics have reached a plane implicit in Jesus' words and eastern thought. Examples of concept of unification of opposites are in reality available in the subatomic levels, where matter is both destructible and indestructible, both continuous and also discontinuous, matter is both particle and also wave. With t he introduction of probability into this quantum world, physics have in a way shown yet another striking resemblance to the eastern mysticism. Describing the probabili ty of a particle to exist in a certain place, Robert Oppenheiner says, " If we ask whether the position of the particle remains the same, we must say "no", if we ask whether the electron's position change with time, we must say "no". If w e ask whether the electron is at rest, we must say "no", if we ask whether it is in motion, we must say "no" ".
And Jesus, noting the same elusiveness, said, the Kingdom is not there, or there , neither there but within you. But where is "within you?" Of what does the kingdom consist? Is there anything more than the kingdom? If so what?
Do you remember Jeus's words on the Holy Spirit, which the disciples should receive? He said "He has been with you, but He shall be IN you."

Jesus is not talking esoteric nonsense as to finding goiod in every heart deep down. All our righteousness is as filthy rags to God. BUT, God has chosen to perform a miracle, live IN us through the Holy Spirit. THAT is the kingdom of God, the down payment of our inheritance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Heneni

Im curious where does the butterfly come into the story?

Heneni
Old 03-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heneni View Post
Im curious where does the butterfly come into the story?

Heneni
I'm with her... lol... where's the pretty flutterby?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:54 PM
antonio

Dear B==I'm not understanding you.
Quote:
"He has been with you, but He shall be IN you."
The word ""But" doesn't belong there it announces an alternative but there is none There are just two events.Too esoteric for me.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:03 PM
antonio

Heneni--I was bringing together Zen Buddhist teachings and quantum physics which view all creation and God as a whole.
There is a story called the butterfly effect that I think is an ancient insight into the what physics has demonstrated. It goes: If a butterfly flaps its wings, the shift in air particles/currents etc, may result in a hurricane on the other side of the world. It reflects the oneness of all creation.
Probably a bad reference.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Heneni

Ahhh...ok.

Thats a powerful image. Its not that one butterfly actually causes the huricane but that the butterfly together with everything else that is connected can come together collectively and have a very big effect. We see the whole, but dont realise that the little butterfly has her 'footprint' in the hurricane. Hmmm...

...on the other hand...i might be missing the point..LOL.

Heneni
Old 03-30-2009, 06:56 PM
antonio

Did you ever hear the one about Mrs Oleary's cow?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Heneni

Im afraid to ask.....

But my curiousity is getting the better of me.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:46 PM
antonio

This is purportedly a true story. The Great Chicago Fire was a conflagration that burned from Sunday October 8 to early Tuesday October 10, 1871. It killed hundred and destroyed four square miles of Chicago, Illinois. It was one of the largest U.S. disasters of the 19th century.
The fire began in a shed owned by Cathrine O'leary when during the milking, her one cow kicked over a lantern. Hay, first fed the fire then all the wood buildings of Chicago did the rest.Mrs. O'leary became a national villain and later a joke. There are lots of consequential complexities to the story I got from the granddaughter of a news reporter.

PS true factoid: there were unusually strong winds at the time that whipped the fire along. Those winds could have been cause by a wing flapping butterfly in China....yes?..no?