Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > How long Did God wait before EVERTHING was created?

Old 03-18-2009, 11:16 PM

Default How long Did God wait before EVERTHING was created?

In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth. Genesis: 1:1 Now God is the Alpha and the Omega. The beginning AND the end. Now what I want to know is.....how long did God wait until he created everything in the Universe? I mean, God was the word. And he still IS the word,since "WAS" is past tense meaning in the past. The word had already existed long before we were created. I just wonder how long God thought and pondered about our very creation. Because if you think about it, God already had us in mind it was just a matter of time when he would create us all.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-22-2009, 09:44 PM
blujon1

Default Re: How long Did God wait before EVERTHING was created?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolitaSky View Post
In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth. Genesis: 1:1 Now God is the Alpha and the Omega. The beginning AND the end. Now what I want to know is.....how long did God wait until he created everything in the Universe? I mean, God was the word. And he still IS the word,since "WAS" is past tense meaning in the past. The word had already existed long before we were created. I just wonder how long God thought and pondered about our very creation. Because if you think about it, God already had us in mind it was just a matter of time when he would create us all.
If I knew that I would be God.I do not think there is anything in the bible that will give us even the slightest clue, unless you know other wise.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Keturah

Hi there LolitaSky, good to see you!

God has always been, there is no answer to that.

Our beginning can be be assumed from history of the generations since Adam, but God has no beginning, and no end.
Hard to fathom, but true.

It is said in the Bible, that other things he did, if written, the world could not contain the books. John 21:25

Take care, God bless!

Last edited by Keturah : 03-22-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolitaSky View Post
That question was posed to Martin Luther, "What was God doing before He created the universe?"

Luther's response, "He was creating Hell for fools such as you!"
Old 03-23-2009, 12:08 AM
DeeperStill

First off, God transcends time. There is no beginning of time of God, only a beginning of time. Eternity past is exactly that. As far back as you can think, you still cannot go back to a beginning. Infinity is not encased in a time line.

Now, God being infinite does not "take time" to ponder when. "When" is a word used in time. God is! God spoke!

we cannot pinpoint the beginning of creation starting at the beginning, we can only guess by calculating the history and generations of man.

But one thing we can be sure of, God spoke creation into being withing six literal days for He said.. " The evening and the morning were the first day"..... "The evening and the morning were the....." This speaks of literal, 24 hour days. And on the seventh day He rested.

T
Old 06-25-2009, 09:26 PM

God is from outside of time where there is no time - time is a created thing for humans - I agree with the 6 days for creation with the 7th day as His rest. We do know that He planned all that is including plans covering all the acts of man - time or timing on this is not relative to anything we can understand as it is not related to time at all. We are finite and confined to time - God is infinite and is the one who created time... All that matters, and what the Bible tells us is that He did plan everything knowing what man would do - He covered it and on this we can have faith.

In Christ
Windy
Old 07-07-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsong View Post
God is from outside of time where there is no time - time is a created thing for humans - I agree with the 6 days for creation with the 7th day as His rest. We do know that He planned all that is including plans covering all the acts of man - time or timing on this is not relative to anything we can understand as it is not related to time at all. We are finite and confined to time - God is infinite and is the one who created time... All that matters, and what the Bible tells us is that He did plan everything knowing what man would do - He covered it and on this we can have faith.

In Christ
Windy
The book of Job said that the angels rejoiced at creation, so they were apparently in existance before the creation. As to when Lucifer rebelled there is speculation that it could have been post creation, but no one knows nor does the scripture spell it out. However Jesus said, " I saw Satan fall like lightning from Heaven.", but since Jesus the 2nd person of the Trinity existed from all eternity that doesn't answer the question of when Lucifer rebelled.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsong View Post
I agree with the 6 days for creation with the 7th day as His rest.
"and there was evening and morning, a third day"

The first two end like that as well. Sunset, sunrise, evening and morning. But on the fourth day:

"Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to separate the day from the night".

Where'd the morning and evening come from in days 1 to 3? An error in continuity, surely.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
"and there was evening and morning, a third day"

The first two end like that as well. Sunset, sunrise, evening and morning. But on the fourth day:

"Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to separate the day from the night".

Where'd the morning and evening come from in days 1 to 3? An error in continuity, surely.
Brad,

Clearly it refers to the range of hours that would come to be called morning and evening. Since each day was 24 hours long, then God could surmise which hours would eventually be morning, and that's when he'd naturally set to work. As far as measuring hours goes, God must have already planned the creation of cesium, and would therefore be able to reasonably define a second by the SI standard of "9 192 631 770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the cesium 133 atom" even though cesium itself had not yet been created.

Does that clear it up some?

Base unit definitions: Second
Old 07-19-2009, 04:20 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirutsa View Post
God could surmise which hours would eventually be morning, and that's when he'd naturally set to work.
So He's a 9 to 5 kinda guy, then? Seems that he's not the sort to have to bother clocking in for the morning shift. If He's outside of time, then I really don't understand him dividing his working 'day' up into times that we can understand.

Why not do it all in one divine instant?