Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Catholics and Atheists believe in the Same thing - Almost

Old 01-21-2017, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Default Catholics and Atheists believe in the Same thing - Almost

Well, not really. However, it amazes me how far my Catholic faith allows me to go in regards to my view on how we were created.

In any case, this video is surprising to me... the famous atheist Richard Dawkins, interviews Father George Coyne. In my opinion, Father Coyne, goes a little too far (he almost sounds like a non believer). In any case, it's an interesting interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L15e2sNZsU

A quote from a former atheist that converted to Catholicism went something like, "the only thing that makes more sense than atheism, is Catholicism."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-21-2017, 05:30 PM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: Catholics and Atheists believe in the Same thing - Almost

Richard Dawkins is a strong interviewer from his perspective which reduces Father Coyne to take on attributes of a non believer but Dawkins does appreciate Father Coyne's strong faith and both enjoy the discourse.

I think Father Coyne touches spots where God has left residue in Dawkins from when he had faith.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-22-2017, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
Richard Dawkins is a strong interviewer from his perspective which reduces Father Coyne to take on attributes of a non believer but Dawkins does appreciate Father Coyne's strong faith and both enjoy the discourse.

I think Father Coyne touches spots where God has left residue in Dawkins from when he had faith.
I agree... that's a good analysis.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:38 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Well, not really. However, it amazes me how far my Catholic faith allows me to go in regards to my view on how we were created.
I once heard the then Cardinal George Pell opine that we as humans did indeed evolve from earlier life forms, but that God chose Adam and Eve to be the first to be given a soul.

Make of that what you will, but it does indeed give you quite a bit of wiggle room when it comes to aligning your beliefs with scientific consensus.