Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Challenge to Evolutionism

Old 05-14-2016, 10:00 AM

Default Challenge to Evolutionism

This is a challenge to all those who truly think evolution has proven the Bible false. I am going to post this link and I challenge you too watch it entirely, then answer all the problems that it brings up with evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdU4mF2dn4

Here are just a few of many questions that popped into my head while watching the video. These are things that I have always wondered about but now that I found this video it brings them all together into one single source.

How do you explain the layers in the ground that symbolize millions of years, yet bury a tree upright?

How do you explain nothing bursting into something as the big bang theory would have us believe?

Where did that nothing come from?

How would civilizations from hundreds of years ago know about dinosaurs and their skin patterns if dinosaurs have been extinct for millions of years?

What is one example from fossils that prove one species transforming into another species through evolution? I'm not talking about adaptation from within the same type of animal. I'm talking about one type changing into another type.

Where is the millions of missing links supporting the theory of evolution? There should be millions and millions of fossils showing a minor change in a species transforming into another species.

There are many other questions that need to be answered from this video, but not nearly enough time to post. I'm afraid if I took the time to ask them all, then no one would read the post.

My reason for posting this is because of a drastic increase of Christian support to evolution. I personally believe there is a big difference between adaptation and evolution. Adaptation being the change inside a given species changing to the environment in which it is living, and evolution being a change from one species to another.

If we evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys if only through evolution (survival of the fittest) we survive?

I also have many questions about carbon dating as well, but I will just skip that for now.

Thanks and God bless.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-15-2016, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Challenge to Evolutionism

Great topic, one of my favorites. Don't have the two hours to watch the video but glad it is not a kent Hovind video. The problem with evolutionists is that they consider evolution to be as solid as gravity itself. If I show you that gravity is false with say a mathematical equation you would think im an idiot because gravity is obviously real. That's how science sees evolution.

This is why they have so many theory's to refute the challenges you have presented. For example the fossil record. According to Darwinian evolution we should see a linear progression of fossils in the record but we of course do not. So science considered the issue and Stephen J Gould comes up with the theory of punctuated equilibrium which explains rapid evolving hence the lack of opportunity for fossil remains. And when asked how they test this theory they say if its true we would see a lack of fossils in the record. Pretty funny stuff.

Oh btw there is no claim we evolved from monkeys that exist today. The claim is that according to evolution we share a common ancestor with the monkeys you see today. So evolution does not believe that we evolved from say chimp or gorillas. It states that we, chimps and gorillas share an parents in the human evolution phylogeny

I love debating evolutionists. I ask them why they don't believe in God and they say lack of empirical evidence. Then ask them for empirical evidence of what they do believe and they come up with nothing. Look at the primordial soup, that to them is a better theory. Spontaneous life in a soup where aminos make proteins which makes dna..but dna is needed first to make proteins..Talk about the chicken and the egg. But anything they excludes God I guess.

But anyway great topic. Not sure how many evo supporters you will find here.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-2016, 03:06 AM

Hey Dan thanks for commenting.

The sad thing I find is that there is probably way more Christians that support evolution than you realize. I have even found some here.

I do hope that some take the time to watch the video though because it is very interesting. I didn't really care for the very beginning but that was because I was having a hard time staying awake. After that though it had my undivided attention.

I personally think more people search for reasons to believe there is no God more than people searching for evidence of God. You could bring up ten things that would point to a creator, yet many would hang on dearly to one thing that may give them hope that it refutes any evidence. If you prove that one thing wrong then they fight really hard to look for something else. Many people don't know why they believe in evolution, they just hold on to what text books say the top scientists believe and say that there is factual evidence because some scientist say so. It all boils down to not wanting to believe in a creator due to the fact that we would then be owned. We would then have a purpose that does not go hand in hand with what we want out of our life.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:26 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedbyChrist View Post
Hey Dan thanks for commenting.

The sad thing I find is that there is probably way more Christians that support evolution than you realize. I have even found some here.

I do hope that some take the time to watch the video though because it is very interesting. I didn't really care for the very beginning but that was because I was having a hard time staying awake. After that though it had my undivided attention.

I personally think more people search for reasons to believe there is no God more than people searching for evidence of God. You could bring up ten things that would point to a creator, yet many would hang on dearly to one thing that may give them hope that it refutes any evidence. If you prove that one thing wrong then they fight really hard to look for something else. Many people don't know why they believe in evolution, they just hold on to what text books say the top scientists believe and say that there is factual evidence because some scientist say so. It all boils down to not wanting to believe in a creator due to the fact that we would then be owned. We would then have a purpose that does not go hand in hand with what we want out of our life.
I believe in creation by God. You mention you found something interesting in that video, what could that be ? (I am trying to save my two hours- time it takes to watch video).

ped
Old 05-18-2016, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
I believe in creation by God. You mention you found something interesting in that video, what could that be ? (I am trying to save my two hours- time it takes to watch video).

ped
Hey Ped. Just evidence and other things to ponder over. If I could sum up the video in a comment I wouldn't have posted the link. Even if someone were to watch 2 minutes then skip 10 minutes, then watch 2 and skip another 10, they would miss a lot but spark an interest I think.

It's better than suffering through Frozen again. Or any other unoriginal mainstream movie for that matter. But that's just me.

God of wonders is another one that is a good watch.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:33 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
This is a challenge to all those who truly think evolution has proven the Bible false. I am going to post this link and I challenge you too watch it entirely, then answer all the problems that it brings up with evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdU4mF2dn4

Here are just a few of many questions that popped into my head while watching the video. These are things that I have always wondered about but now that I found this video it brings them all together into one single source.

How do you explain the layers in the ground that symbolize millions of years, yet bury a tree upright?

How do you explain nothing bursting into something as the big bang theory would have us believe?

Where did that nothing come from?

How would civilizations from hundreds of years ago know about dinosaurs and their skin patterns if dinosaurs have been extinct for millions of years?

What is one example from fossils that prove one species transforming into another species through evolution? I'm not talking about adaptation from within the same type of animal. I'm talking about one type changing into another type.

Where is the millions of missing links supporting the theory of evolution? There should be millions and millions of fossils showing a minor change in a species transforming into another species.

There are many other questions that need to be answered from this video, but not nearly enough time to post. I'm afraid if I took the time to ask them all, then no one would read the post.

My reason for posting this is because of a drastic increase of Christian support to evolution. I personally believe there is a big difference between adaptation and evolution. Adaptation being the change inside a given species changing to the environment in which it is living, and evolution being a change from one species to another.

If we evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys if only through evolution (survival of the fittest) we survive?

I also have many questions about carbon dating as well, but I will just skip that for now.

Thanks and God bless.
Tom, I took a look again at your introduction. It appears this is addressed to those who believe in evolution (as you said some Christians too).

What i take seriously ( or give me a clue) is what people use as avatar.You chose LedbyChrist, for me you are declaring you are led by Christ. Now the Christ you are referring to is that Jesus or other Christ ?

Looks like you are somewhat enamored with the subject of evolution and I am not . I used to have a co worker who believes in evolution and we discussed somehow but nothing came out of it. What I see with evolution is in man's invention like evolution of wheel to the modern car. Like from the old bulky video tape recorder to its modern form.

By the way, there is presently a show on TV that's entitled "shark tank " where young enterpreneur tries to convince investors to join them.When investors like it they say they are in and if not they say they're out.

Here is my view, if evolution can rattle creation then I am in the discussion otherwise I am out.

Here is another challenge if evolutionists can predict the future with accuracy then I'll take notice. Again the Bible gives us prophecy which I see being fulfilled. Let me ask you, what do evolutionists say about the future ?

ped
Old 05-19-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Tom, I took a look again at your introduction. It appears this is addressed to those who believe in evolution (as you said some Christians too).
That is correct.

Quote:
What i take seriously ( or give me a clue) is what people use as avatar.You chose LedbyChrist, for me you are declaring you are led by Christ. Now the Christ you are referring to is that Jesus or other Christ ?
I'm not sure what this has to do with evolution.... but I'll bite. It is Jesus Christ of the bible. The Son of God, the great I AM, the creator of everything, the author of our faith. I'm not sure what other Christ you're referring to otherwise.

Again I'm not sure what this has to do with evolution. If you want to know why I picked my screen name as "LedbyChrist", then I would say that it is simply a life long goal. I find that many Christians are content on having a savior, but have issues with having a Lord. It is my hope that I could surrender my all to Christ. Yet everyday I find myself failing in one way or another.

Quote:
Looks like you are somewhat enamored with the subject of evolution and I am not . I used to have a co worker who believes in evolution and we discussed somehow but nothing came out of it. What I see with evolution is in man's invention like evolution of wheel to the modern car. Like from the old bulky video tape recorder to its modern form.
I'm not sure enamored would be the word I would use. It saddens me that evolution is being taught in our schools and very much accepted all the while creationism or intelligent design is cast out and looked at like a fairy tale.

Quote:
By the way, there is presently a show on TV that's entitled "shark tank " where young enterpreneur tries to convince investors to join them.When investors like it they say they are in and if not they say they're out.

Here is my view, if evolution can rattle creation then I am in the discussion otherwise I am out.
Well I think evolution does "rattle creation" in many minds. For the Christians that believe in evolution they are left with a problem of not fully believing in Genesis. If we cannot believe the beginning parts of God's word then how can we believe anything else in there?

Quote:
Here is another challenge if evolutionists can predict the future with accuracy then I'll take notice. Again the Bible gives us prophecy which I see being fulfilled. Let me ask you, what do evolutionists say about the future ?

ped
Well that is a question for an evolutionist as an individual. I think you would find quite a few answers to that. With that said if that question is directed at me I couldn't tell you. I'm not an evolutionist.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:38 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
That is correct.

I'm not sure what this has to do with evolution.... but I'll bite. It is Jesus Christ of the bible. The Son of God, the great I AM, the creator of everything, the author of our faith. I'm not sure what other Christ you're referring to otherwise.

Again I'm not sure what this has to do with evolution. If you want to know why I picked my screen name as "LedbyChrist", then I would say that it is simply a life long goal. I find that many Christians are content on having a savior, but have issues with having a Lord. It is my hope that I could surrender my all to Christ. Yet everyday I find myself failing in one way or another.

I'm not sure enamored would be the word I would use. It saddens me that evolution is being taught in our schools and very much accepted all the while creationism or intelligent design is cast out and looked at like a fairy tale.

Well I think evolution does "rattle creation" in many minds. For the Christians that believe in evolution they are left with a problem of not fully believing in Genesis. If we cannot believe the beginning parts of God's word then how can we believe anything else in there?

Well that is a question for an evolutionist as an individual. I think you would find quite a few answers to that. With that said if that question is directed at me I couldn't tell you. I'm not an evolutionist.
Tom, thanks for letting us or me know more about you, your goal to follow Jesus Christ and to rescue those who are being led to evolution belief.
Perhaps that is what you are being led to share to us/ others. Should in the future I encounter a need to defend against evolution, I will seek your help, of course our Lord first.

God bless you in your assignment.

ped
Old 05-19-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:

ped
Ped, evolution is the single largest reason why people turn from religion to the world belief system. Its is the diametrical opposite of creationism, in this world I see no larger enemy. You have not encountered this in your journey? 9 out of 10 people I witness to point to evolution as their argument against religion.

So although it may not rattle yourself please understand it rattles a great many and should be taken very serious.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:24 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Ped, evolution is the single largest reason why people turn from religion to the world belief system. Its is the diametrical opposite of creationism, in this world I see no larger enemy. You have not encountered this in your journey? 9 out of 10 people I witness to point to evolution as their argument against religion.

So although it may not rattle yourself please understand it rattles a great many and should be taken very serious.
The last time I probably discussed evolution with somebody was in or around 1987 and maybe for 2 months then no more encounter. I was not aware of the statistics that you encountered. If those people were able to see how we "evolved" then they should have determined the trend and where we are going, just like I asked Tom (ledbyChrist) But maybe you guys are giving me a heads up. Maybe my neighbor I wanted to witness to in 20 years is an evolutionist.

ped