Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Question for believers in intelligent design

Old 03-09-2016, 03:48 PM

Default Question for believers in intelligent design

I believe in intelligent design but Im for sure not a young earth believer. I also believe in the bible covering creation completely. I do however not believe in a 6 day creation literal.

That being said i was pondering what people who believe in ID and young earth and a literal 6 day creation think of the Neanderthal man. Who is he?

Anyone can chime in really. I find Paleoanthropology makes great discussions.

PS really not looking for an age of earth debate. They are pointless.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-09-2016, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Question for believers in intelligent design

Does anyone have an idea as to where neanderthal man fits into the creationist picture? Science comes up with an explanation. Does religion come up with one?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-09-2016, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Does anyone have an idea as to where neanderthal man fits into the creationist picture? Science comes up with an explanation. Does religion come up with one?

Does anyone remember Piltdown Man?

Same ole, same ole.

If you accept Neanderthal Man, as valid, then you have to accept, your are descended from a Chimpanzee.
There is only one thing to say about that THEORY.

Gen. 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen. 5:1
This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Do Chimpanzees now, or when they were Created by God, epitomize what you think God is like?

How do you explain everyone described in Genesis before the flood?
They sure weren't Chimps were they?

JIM

Old 03-10-2016, 12:15 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post

Same ole, same ole.

If you accept Neanderthal Man, as valid, then you have to accept, your are descended from a Chimpanzee.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Do Chimpanzees now, or when they were Created by God, epitomize what you think God is like?

JIM

There are suggestions neanderthals were not close to the ape like representation they have been given.

Neanderthals have been portrayed in popular culture including appearances in literature, visual media and comedy, often in an unflattering and inaccurate light.

Early artistic reconstructions mostly presented Neanderthals as beastly creatures, emphasizing hairiness and rough, dark complexion.[167] More recent reconstructions acknowledge that because of the lineage evolution in European latitude there is reason to believe that Neanderthals were fair-skinned and probably with no more facial hair than modern man. Archaeological evidence exists indicating that they probably communicated by speech and used tools. Artist renderings and reconstructions of Neanderthals have become much more intelligent-looking and closely resembling modern humans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neande...opular_culture
Old 03-10-2016, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
There are suggestions neanderthals were not close to the ape like representation they have been given.

Neanderthals have been portrayed in popular culture including appearances in literature, visual media and comedy, often in an unflattering and inaccurate light.

Early artistic reconstructions mostly presented Neanderthals as beastly creatures, emphasizing hairiness and rough, dark complexion.[167] More recent reconstructions acknowledge that because of the lineage evolution in European latitude there is reason to believe that Neanderthals were fair-skinned and probably with no more facial hair than modern man. Archaeological evidence exists indicating that they probably communicated by speech and used tools. Artist renderings and reconstructions of Neanderthals have become much more intelligent-looking and closely resembling modern humans

That is typically what those who want you to believe in Evolution do, they update and humanize the subject, that way they are more likely to be accepted .
But when you look at Creation, there isn't any room for Evolution. "there isn't enough time."

Sorry but I don't believe in those suggestions, any more than I believe in Evolution.

JIM

Old 03-10-2016, 02:33 AM

Quote:

That is typically what those who want you to believe in Evolution do, they update and humanize the subject, that way they are more likely to be accepted .
But when you look at Creation, there isn't any room for Evolution. "there isn't enough time."

Sorry but I don't believe in those suggestions, any more than I believe in Evolution.

JIM

Do you really believe that dinosaurs, fossils, coal, petroleum oil is only what, about 6,000 years old?
Old 03-10-2016, 03:18 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:

JIM

There has been an evolution of human beings from the time of Jesus to now which is obvious by technological breakthroughs. These kinds of things were touched on by the rest of that link. Hunting tools, from stone to metals to the wheel, humans have evolved. Not as an ape to man type evolution but more like lifestyle and intelligence evolution.

Quick definitions from WordNet (evolution)

▸ noun: a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage) ("The evolution of Greek civilization")

Neanderthal behavior

Neanderthals made advanced tools,[88] probably had a language (the nature of which is debated and likely unknowable) and lived in complex social groups[citation needed]. The Molodova archaeological site in eastern Ukraine suggests some Neanderthals built dwellings using animal bones. A building was made of mammoth skulls, jaws, tusks and leg bones, and had 25 hearths inside.[89]

Circumstantial evidence suggests Neanderthals may have been building some form of watercraft since the Middle Paleolithic.[90][91] Scientists have speculated that these watercraft may have been similar to dugout canoes, which are among the oldest known boats in the archaeological record.[91] Mousterian stone tools discovered on the southern Ionian Islands suggests that Neanderthals were sailing the Mediterranean Sea as early as 110,000 years ago.[92] Quartz hand-axes, three-sided picks, and stone cleavers from Crete have also been recovered that date back about 170,000 years ago.[93]

Look at the tools, housing and watercraft we build now and what can we expect in the future. Inhabit other planets perhaps?

2 As people moved eastward,[a] they found a plain in Shinar[b] and settled there.

3 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’?

I don't believe in evolution of species to species because if it were so there should be some creature evolving into another type and why isn't there still apes evolving into men. I am inclined to believe there is a spiritual type of prototype of the physical that brings forth the physical by God in that spiritual life. The spirit is in the imagination of creating the physical. It's too mysterious to contemplate. It's God! Unfathomable to us mortal humans. But we are evolving in intelligence and lifestyle.

The ultimate evolution would be us being like Jesus, caring, healing and loving everybody at which the resurrection is about. Could we attain such perfection on this earth?
It is the ideal. It is the will of God, but the will of humans?

Last edited by CinderAsh : 03-10-2016 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity

Same ole, same ole.
Yes piltdown man is an exposed hoax. And it does go to show the lengths paleontologists would go to for fame.

Quote:
Well neanderthals and chimps are different lines than humans. Evolution states they all have a common ancestor. I would of course disagree as I do no believe species evolve from kind to kind.
So your view is that neanderthal is a hoax just like the pilt down man or a mistake like Nebraska man?

Quote:

JIM
Could the neanderthal have been another species in Gods creation?
Old 03-10-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post

So what do you think about all this when considering the evidence? Where do they fit into creation? Or did they not exist at all?
Old 03-10-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Do you really believe that dinosaurs, fossils, coal, petroleum oil is only what, about 6,000 years old?

Simply,.... we do not know how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden before the fall.

It could have been 9,000,000,000 years for all I know, but it wasn't within the 1st. week like some believe.

Dinosaurs could have died in an Ice Age before the fall. I don't know, do you?
All I can do is take the physical record and work it into the record God gave us by the hand of Moses, personally I tend to believe the accounts found in the Bible, than I do for the THEORY'S of man, as far as what it all really means or what happened when, I take it all in FAITH and God is true and every man a liar.

JIM