Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Real Science vs modern science

Old 02-27-2015, 11:06 AM

Default Real Science vs modern science

I found this article through google news just this morning. Political biases are becoming so commonplace that its a part of the supposedly scientific community.

Liberal bias in academia is destroying the integrity of research | New York Post
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-2015, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Real Science vs modern science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
I found this article through google news just this morning. Political biases are becoming so commonplace that its a part of the supposedly scientific community.

Liberal bias in academia is destroying the integrity of research | New York Post
It's not just the liberal bias but money as well.

In 2010 James Delingpole reported in the Telegraph that Harold Lewis, Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara, had resigned his membership of the American Physical Society, calling global warming a pseudoscience. In his resignation letter he wrote:

It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist.

Its worth reading his whole resignation letter:
US physics professor: 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life' Telegraph Blogs
Old 02-27-2015, 03:59 PM

Yep, bias is sometimes just for money as well, or personal prestige in the hopes of gaining more money in grants and such.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-2015, 09:32 PM

Its like whatever it takes to get the job of false-science done, tow the line and work it in to publicate wherever, however possible and you'll go far.

NYPost - G20

I suppose their lookin out for their buds in the business and don't dare shine that money trail in the true, uncooked light.

Mike.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Knight of the Forum

Many "scientists" have harmed sciences credibilty with politically expedient "outcomes based" research and swearing to it as gospel when it is obviously and clearly, bad science to the point of absurdity.
How did polar bears survive the heatwave 10,000 years ago? There were mastedons in Siberia, but, polar bears couldn't survive a warm up today?
North America was carved by glaciers, right? At what point in the last 100,000 years have the glaciers not been retreating? Wouldn't that necessarily speed up as glaciers shrink and there is less ice keeping the atmosphere cool?
There is a mass of plastic in tha Pacific the size of the continental US. Ever use a solar cover on your pool? Whats it made of?
Just one example of the foolishness coming from academia.
Matthew 23:12:
Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:33 PM

You know my friend Ken from facebook, Ron. He and I both love the sciences, but his faith always took the front seat. You saw his attack on my satirical jab at atheism, I fear his wife who despises christians has every more influenced him instead of the other way around. He assured me it would never happen, but as scripture says, dont be unequally yoked. There is a reason for that.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
You know my friend Ken from facebook, Ron. He and I both love the sciences, but his faith always took the front seat. You saw his attack on my satirical jab at atheism, I fear his wife who despises christians has every more influenced him instead of the other way around. He assured me it would never happen, but as scripture says, dont be unequally yoked. There is a reason for that.
The way I took it was that he misunderstood the premise. I don't know about his wife and all that.
Having an unbelieving spouse is a challenge, but, what are you supposed to do. Its not grounds for divorce, according to Jesus or Paul.
Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowlyfisherman View Post
The way I took it was that he misunderstood the premise. I don't know about his wife and all that.
Having an unbelieving spouse is a challenge, but, what are you supposed to do. Its not grounds for divorce, according to Jesus or Paul.
No, I dont want him to divorce her, that would kill him emotionally. They are very co-dependent, and he would no doubt consider suicide or worse due to his emotional state. His bed is made and he must now lie in it, I can only pray for him now and his mom. His mom still has a strong faith, but his has weakened, and its not just that one post, its many things. I would appreciate your prayers for him and his mom, and especially his wife. If she were to turn to Christ that would be great, but so far, she has been anti-christian, and pro-agnostic/and druidic worship of the earth mother and other nature gods. He is a bit the same leaning, but he said that he believes that he should only have no other gods "above" the Lord. I am worried for him.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Knight of the Forum

I do pray for him. He has friended me on FB, btw.
You know what I'm going through. Its comforting, in a terrible way, to have others that can relate. Thats a part of my "ministry", now.
Its funny, everytime I think I'm being noble and serving, they bless me more than I could ever bless them.)