Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Science  > Galileo-Darwin

Old 09-22-2014, 08:28 PM

Default Galileo-Darwin

Just as Galileo was able to place the Earth in its proper position in the universe ,so did Chas. Darwin some centuries later , define man's role in the world.

Today, the problem among Christians is to view the Book of Genesis as a biology or science textbook ;which clearly it was never intended to be in my opinion.

The only way to interpret scripture in terms of any scientific significance it may have is ;that whenever there's a conflict between science and religion ,it is religion that must yield.

Keep in mind that with every scientific discovery there is a spiritual component that goes with it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Galileo-Darwin

Chas huh? I thought his name was Charles, but maybe thats just your effectionate way of speaking of your hero?
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-23-2014, 04:07 PM

I'm not sure science would support spit and mud making a blind man see.

I'm not sure science would support a healing by simply touching a robe.

I'm not sure science would support calling out to a friend to bring him back from the dead.

I'm not sure science would support a parting of the red sea.

I'm not sure science would support calling out to the sun to stop it in its place.

I'm not sure science would support a man being swallowed by a big fish to be puked up three days later on the shore. Jesus supports this in scripture.

I'm not sure science would support healing by looking towards a bronze serpent. Yet Jesus supports this in scripture as well.

Here's the biggest one

I'm not sure science would support a Savior being brutally beaten almost to the point of death. Then being nailed on the cross, to die. All the while everything grew dark, and there was a massive earthquake. After which this savior was wrapped up and put in a tomb, just to rise from the dead three days later.

If your looking for a science approved religion then you picked the wrong one friend.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:51 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedbyChrist View Post
I'm not sure science would support spit and mud making a blind man see.

I'm not sure science would support a healing by simply touching a robe.

I'm not sure science would support calling out to a friend to bring him back from the dead.

I'm not sure science would support a parting of the red sea.

I'm not sure science would support calling out to the sun to stop it in its place.

I'm not sure science would support a man being swallowed by a big fish to be puked up three days later on the shore. Jesus supports this in scripture.

I'm not sure science would support healing by looking towards a bronze serpent. Yet Jesus supports this in scripture as well.

Here's the biggest one

I'm not sure science would support a Savior being brutally beaten almost to the point of death. Then being nailed on the cross, to die. All the while everything grew dark, and there was a massive earthquake. After which this savior was wrapped up and put in a tomb, just to rise from the dead three days later.

If your looking for a science approved religion then you picked the wrong one friend.
God knows the science of it all.

Science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge"[1]) is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.[2][3][4] In an older and closely related meaning, "science" also refers to a body of knowledge itself, of the type that can be rationally explained and reliably applied. A practitioner of science is known as a scientist.

In classical antiquity, science as a type of knowledge was closely linked to philosophy. During the Islamic Golden Age, the foundation for the scientific method was laid, which emphasized experimental data and reproducibility of its results.[5][6] In the West during the early modern period the words "science" and "philosophy of nature" were sometimes used interchangeably.[7] And not until the 17th century, natural philosophy (which is today called "natural science") was considered a separate branch of philosophy in the West.[8]

In modern usage, "science" most often refers to a way of pursuing knowledge, not only the knowledge itself. It is also often restricted to those branches of study that seek to explain the phenomena of the material universe.[9] In the 17th and 18th centuries scientists increasingly sought to formulate knowledge in terms of laws of nature such as Newton's laws of motion. And over the course of the 19th century, the word "science" became increasingly associated with the scientific method itself, as a disciplined way to study the natural world, including physics, chemistry, geology and biology. It is in the 19th century also that the term scientist was created by the naturalist-theologian William Whewell to distinguish those who sought knowledge on nature from those who sought other types of knowledge.[10]

However, "science" has also continued to be used in a broad sense to denote reliable and teachable knowledge about a topic, as reflected in modern terms like library science or computer science. This is also reflected in the names of some areas of academic study such as "social science" or "political science".
Old 09-27-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
God knows the science of it all.
God created everything, including the laws of how everything will work. God doesn't have to abide by those laws because He is the creator of those laws thus lives outside the laws.

God didn't have to use the laws of physics to create everything. God created the laws of physics along with everything.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:39 PM

How, when God created the universe and everything in it, could God not stop the laws defined in science? According to science its impossible, according to God its possible. The Christian therefore often suspends science when there is a conflict. ... I mean I think the problem with your OP post artur is not between the Bible and science, but between God and science.. its philosophical.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightmorningstar View Post
How, when God created the universe and everything in it, could God not stop the laws defined in science? According to science its impossible, according to God its possible. The Christian therefore often suspends science when there is a conflict. ... I mean I think the problem with your OP post artur is not between the Bible and science, but between God and science.. its philosophical.
I think this is an area where the Christian apologist wastes a lot of their valuable time. When we talk about something like the age of the earth or a global flood, various scientific explanations are presented to convince the non-believer, but at some point a suspension of the laws of science is demanded. Why not just start with "God did it" and forget about the science?
Old 09-29-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray View Post
I think this is an area where the Christian apologist wastes a lot of their valuable time. When we talk about something like the age of the earth or a global flood, various scientific explanations are presented to convince the non-believer, but at some point a suspension of the laws of science is demanded. Why not just start with "God did it" and forget about the science?

Cool that will work!

JIM