Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Politics  > Progress: Tech vs Politic

Old 05-15-2020, 07:31 PM

Default Progress: Tech vs Politic

Sorry to report something so very familiar, but the ear is especially heavy these days from the sights and sounds of everything surrounding government. Ask any stranger on the street and 9-times out of 10, he will respond, “Fire them all, shiftless, good-for-nothings!”

Too bad the contemporary politician couldn't get a clue from technology on progress. For if technology used political standards to resolve problems, we might still be stuck in windows-98. But rest assured, we didn’t get to this level of progress by being masters of that ancient technique of ‘stonewalling’, but travail and brainstorming.

How would Microsoft identify such behavior within their own ranks? Take a peek, the similarities are striking!
Overdoing dealing with ambiguity

1. May move to conclusions without enough data
2. May fill in gaps by adding things that aren’t there
3. May frustrate others by not getting specific enough
4. May undervalue orderly problem solving
5. May reject precedent and history
6. May err toward the new and risky at the expense of proven solutions
7. May overcomplicate things
Competencies: Dealing with Ambiguity

Last edited by pryz : 05-16-2020 at 06:22 AM. Reason: That elusive pest, Typo
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-15-2020, 07:54 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Progress: Tech vs Politic

I saw an episode of House M.D. the other day and it was really interesting and here is why: There was a day laborer who's hand was damaged and getting gangrenous. House looked at the problem from strictly a medical point of view and said it needed to be chopped off. BUT the woman in charge of the hospital explained to him that as a day laborer, without his hand he could never earn a living again and he would be destitute, and that cutting off his hand would destroy his life. Dr. House accused her of making a diagnosis that has nothing to do with the medicine and was only all about feelings. I thought that was quite Timely.

Today, regarding Corona, the doctors will tell us what needs to be done strictly from a medical point of view. Sure, if everyone stays locked down forever the virus will never spread. BUT from a "people" point of view that will destroy the country and everybody will be in the street living in a tent and we'll go back to the Stone Age. That is not acceptable either.

The answer is the same answer that we have for everything else: Reducing the problem down to manageable and acceptable levels. Right now we lose 40,000 people a year from the regular Flu and we lose about the same amount from car accidents, but we don't lock people down every Flu season and we don't shut down the freeways. That is because we have decided that those numbers are acceptable. They are sad, but they are acceptable.

I believe that the Coronavirus is now down to a level on par with other annual diseases and therefore it is time to open up the country. You can't live life in a bubble. Everyday when you walk out of the door any number of a hundred things can kill you. So now it's a hundred and one things that can kill you. It is time to end the lockdown go back to work, and I even call on people to disobey the authorities it just open up everything. They can't arrest everybody.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 05-15-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-15-2020, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Progress: Tech vs Politic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
", , I even call on people to disobey the authorities it just open up everything. They can't arrest everybody.
Right! Pandemonium prob won’t be the result of what many Police Chiefs are busy at (Constitutional honor), but, the climate is ripe for incidental small friction encounters due to the continual ‘deterring measures’ narrative being pumped into the public. The Michigan scene is a disaster, the Lowes center front entrance is plastered with ‘We reserve the right to, ,” turn away or refuse any ‘non-essential’ purchase.

I stood there in the middle of that drive as my blood boiled, turned around and drove 40-minutes into Amish land where a scant few were wearing masks. What relief of sanity wherever it is found.

So many of my personal acquaintances are so torn over this, and this falls foremost on the legacy medias who likely are soaking up George’s philanthropy lifeline.

Hey, do you suppose we could use John Adams premise to upgrade ‘freedom of the press’ to our more fitting dilemma?
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.