Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Politics  > States who state, WORTHY

Old 06-10-2019, 05:37 AM

Default Re: States who state, WORTHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?
As it is written: “God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.”

(James 2:10, Romans 2:21-24 )
What? Wait a minute, sorry, I’m just a little slower than most. Is this saying one who deliberately parts from the Gospel as well as the Apostle’s admonitions are guilty of breaking the old Judaic Law? If the Gospel and the OT law are inseparable, and I place one single exception, , yikes!

Could you back that bus up, and when it passes by again, could there be some sort of an explanation which goes along with it, rather than just a conclusion?

I can't really tell where that conclusion actually came from.

JIM
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-2019, 01:17 AM

Sometimes, I have been known to moderate my words out of politeness, but I remain unmoved! I don’t think for a minute the Lord God minced His words such as torture among other things.

But okay, so I exhibited a little early morning fright with that last comment with the prospect of legalism. As it turns out; it wasn’t a point of conclusion nor a point secured, for many I’m afraid it is whom will securely place a point above (if you know what I mean). This is not my wish. I do attempt to secure truth as I hope everyone else will too.

No, but if there is conclusion, it might just be more than I had anticipated. That which seeks the ends of God’s righteousness over this matter that has eluded the attention of many who name Christ as Lord.
"Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God
with all your heart and
with all your soul and
with all your mind.’
This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

(Matthew 22:37-40)
“Love your neighbor as yourself. , , All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Is this not to be equipped with the law of Christ?
Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.”

(Galatians 6:2)
Let’s see here, , I would venture to say if a person found himself in the midst of performing all three, then he would be in fairly good company, would he not? Or at least, (hypothetically) that is what everyone thought of him before entering a position to be representative of the people in gov’t with a ballot before him on Capital Punishment, who himself, just lost 7-family members at the hands of the MS-13 gang whom half received Christ as Savior and Lord.

Of course, his is the deciding vote and he is starting to come under conviction. Will he be as all other ignorance and bag the commandments/precepts for bin-23 and turn the course of blessing or cursing?

The Son is exalted, and God is not dishonored by breaking the law for many others. It remains to be seen if they awake to righteousness by the will of God. However little of much of the flock there is to traverse this world, they will always “shine as lights”.

If on the other hand the curse is the preferred course, I believe the above propensity will remain effective just as if it were blessing, to fulfill the law of Christ and All the Law and the Prophets with now active sewage backup as reward.

This disobedience goes back centuries, and there are many inconveniences to show for it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-2019, 02:19 PM
Knight of the Forum

I have been compelled to change my position on the death penalty.
https://www.catholic.com/magazine/on...-death-penalty

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 06-12-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
I have been compelled to change my position on the death penalty.
https://www.catholic.com/magazine/on...-death-penalty
Love the ’18 revision to effect a deep retrieval of her valuables,
“, , more effective systems of detention have been developed, which ensure the due protection of citizens but, at the same time, do not definitively deprive the guilty of the possibility of redemption.

Consequently, the Church teaches, in the light of the Gospel, that “the death penalty is inadmissible because it is an attack on the inviolability and dignity of the person” (Francis, Address, Oct. 11, 2017), and she works with determination for its abolition worldwide.”
Source

Old 06-13-2019, 10:59 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Love the ’18 revision to effect a deep retrieval of her valuables
"Valuables"? I don't understand.

It is logical. As long as society is safe, mercy is desired by the Lord. And since God desires all men to be saved (1 Timothy 2:4) then it is fitting that they are given time to repent. That is after all where the word "penitentiary" came from, the root word penance/repent.

It is also noteworthy that this is not an infallible teaching, although it is of sufficient gravity that it needs to be adhered to by the faithful.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
Old 06-14-2019, 04:14 AM

Quote:
"Valuables"? I don't understand.

It is logical. As long as society is safe, mercy is desired by the Lord. And since God desires all men to be saved (1 Timothy 2:4) then it is fitting that they are given time to repent. That is after all where the word "penitentiary" came from, the root word penance/repent.

It is also noteworthy that this is not an infallible teaching, although it is of sufficient gravity that it needs to be adhered to by the faithful.
The criminal whom has proven himself converted and reconstituted within the penitentiary aren’t nearly the threat to the free world as a free world are to its own. Not without first being transformed from the person they are correctly known as; “they know not what they do”. That old common tie we all have is secure till we meet the Savior,
“And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.”

“, , be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

1 Cor 6:11, Rom 2:12
In my thinking, if there is any fault to pin to the work of the true grace of God in the life of those who have called upon Christ, it when the fruit doesn’t respond though they know it, they don’t allow it,
I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts

(Hebrews 8:10)
At that point I think you could agree all people, both captive and free are outside the more fitting terms of “valuables” and the term 'Christian' is not so secure.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:26 AM
Knight of the Forum

Arrow Re: States who state, WORTHY

Quote:
The criminal whom has proven himself converted and reconstituted within the penitentiary aren’t nearly the threat to the free world as a free world are to its own
That is a fact.

Quote:
I think you could agree all people, both captive and free are outside the more fitting terms of “valuables” and the term 'Christian' is not so secure.
I still don'tunderstand. Are you saying that all people are "valuables" to God, and that the word "Christian" may or may not apply to all people who claim to be Christian? I would agree with that

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 06-15-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
I still don't understand. Are you saying that all people are "valuables" to God, and that the word "Christian" may or not apply to all people who claim to be Christian? I would agree with that
Yes indeed CC!
Quote:
It is also noteworthy that this is not an infallible teaching,
Possibly, I failed to address the failure you are referring in my mid-line of #26?? Might you clarify that failure a little further?
Old 06-15-2019, 08:26 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Quote:
It is also noteworthy that this is not an infallible teaching
Possibly, I failed to address the failure you are referring in my mid-line of #26?? Might you clarify that failure a little further?
First, I know that you do not believe in Papal Infallibility but I do, so for the record I merely stated the fact that this was not an Infallible teaching of the pope.

Second, I am not sure how your second paragraph in #26 pertains to that. I was not addressing that, if that's what you mean.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
First, I know that you do not believe in Papal Infallibility but I do, so for the record I merely stated the fact that this was not an Infallible teaching of the pope.

Second, I am not sure how your second paragraph in #26 pertains to that. I was not addressing that, if that's what you mean.
If I’m correct here, that unless someone is Catholic, pretty much all incidental Christian dialog that may occur by the non-affiliated are very much endured by Catholics with the possible exception of spot contribution of commentary?

If also to guess, I would assume the Lutheran’s self-distinguished claim to catholic (small-c) is an aberration of the Catholic’s use, meaning, it is the Catholic Church that is the broad, universal Church? Is that correct?

Amounts to my direction of thought, does exclusivity affect such things? But above that, if logical reasoning did interfere with former Catholic teachings, would it have the support from her needed for implementation?