Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Politics  > Thanks to the Veterans

Old 11-11-2017, 09:04 AM

Default Thanks to the Veterans

However you hold what might be the best way to express it, I for one am indebted to all who served.

Thank you!

Gratitude from Ronald Reagan

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-11-2017, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Thanks to the Veterans

Thank you. I share my thanks as well to all fellow veterans.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-11-2017, 09:32 PM
Knight of the Forum

I was thinking today at our remembrance service of all the soldiers, of all nations, that have died in battle, over all time and their spirits as clouds of witnesses floating around on this tiny spec of dust in the cosmos.
Thousands of years ago till the present, their faces, their eyes, their spirits, watching, as this spec turns around itself, day in, day out, travelling around the sun, year in, year out, thousands of years of battles around the globe.
Where is the love Lord?
Upon the cross.
Less we forget!
Old 11-12-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
I was thinking today at our remembrance service of all the soldiers, of all nations, that have died in battle, over all time and their spirits as clouds of witnesses floating around on this tiny spec of dust in the cosmos.
Thousands of years ago till the present, their faces, their eyes, their spirits, watching, as this spec turns around itself, day in, day out, travelling around the sun, year in, year out, thousands of years of battles around the globe.
Where is the love Lord?
Upon the cross.
Less we forget!
As have I with these two caveats, if it isn’t solely angelic and is indeed that cloudy realm of witnesses that have gone-on before us have also entered into His presence where neither tear nor pain nor sorrow follows them. I have reason to believe fairly factual, only the purest forms of activity are being witnessed and yes, that would even include sacrificial activity without the ‘sorrow’ for sake of those “under the altar the souls of those who had been slain” and “the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands”.

Though it does not say the cloud of witnesses are aware of this, with "the mind of Christ" at full-throttle and "unity of the Spirit" completely un-fettered and every hint of ungodly “affection” rendered non-existent, seeing only all acts of the "greater love" and "most holy" activity, ,

Only one thing could convince me this not being so, and if it sounds unduly critical of the record I’m sorry, but once in His presence, how can anyone in their right mind explain when at last we make it to heaven and step up to the throne of God, we would have the nerve to turn to the beggarly activity of this life from the the the FACE OF HIM WHO SITS ON THE THRONE ? Except for the "greater", love. In that case, we turn with Him.

(Rev 6:9, 20:4, Gal 5:24)
Old 11-12-2017, 05:44 PM

It is your Veterans Day, but i also remember my father, and other vets who died in WWII. My father was a Bataan Death march survivor, and POW in 1942, and I am just recalling how he and all the other soldiers who have fought for freedom for our sake should never forget their heroic acts not easily found these days. Of course there are still the modern day heroes who fight for peace and they are part of those we are thankful for, and models for our youth.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:14 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
As have I with these two caveats, if it isn’t solely angelic and is indeed that cloudy realm of witnesses that have gone-on before us have also entered into His presence where neither tear nor pain nor sorrow follows them. I have reason to believe fairly factual, only the purest forms of activity are being witnessed and yes, that would even include sacrificial activity without the ‘sorrow’ for sake of those “under the altar the souls of those who had been slain” and “the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands”.

Though it does not say the cloud of witnesses are aware of this, with "the mind of Christ" at full-throttle and "unity of the Spirit" completely un-fettered and every hint of ungodly “affection” rendered non-existent, seeing only all acts of the "greater love" and "most holy" activity, ,

Only one thing could convince me this not being so, and if it sounds unduly critical of the record I’m sorry, but once in His presence, how can anyone in their right mind explain when at last we make it to heaven and step up to the throne of God, we would have the nerve to turn to the beggarly activity of this life from the the the FACE OF HIM WHO SITS ON THE THRONE ? Except for the "greater", love. In that case, we turn with Him.

(Rev 6:9, 20:4, Gal 5:24)
I purposely did not write as "the" cloud of witnesses but as clouds of witnesses. I didn't wish to identify them as the cloud of witnesses of Revelation.

It would be more unnerving, for those billions or eyes, to be turning back and watching us, watching what was left behind and seeing the same evil of wars continuing and the spoils being made from them.

This is not just American or Coalition soldiers who were killed or killed but every sacrificial soul for the evil that is war.

I don't get warm and fuzzy feelings on these days of remembrance. I feel deeply disheartened and ill.

The spec of dust in the cosmos and the really grave and demented things we can do to our fellow human beings in the short span of life we inhabit this spec..

Where is the love Lord?
Upon the cross.
Lest we forget!