Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Politics  > All Read Before Posting

View Poll Results: I have read the post and understand it
Yes 4 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2016, 05:17 PM

Exclamation All Read Before Posting

Political topics can be discussed without rudeness or profanity. From this date forward no name calling or ad hominem attacks, these will result in an infraction and eventual banning or a complete closing of the politics section for a temporary period.

Please mark yes in the poll if you have read this.
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Last edited by whitetiger : 06-26-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: All Read Before Posting

Can we also renew efforts on Forum Rule #5. "No stalking or trolling"
That would be great.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-27-2016, 04:39 AM
Suspended for Review

I appreciate the way you guys moderate the site and I sincerely apologise for the grief I have sent your way.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
I appreciate the way you guys moderate the site and I sincerely apologise for the grief I have sent your way.
Same here.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:52 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
Same here.
Agreed.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 07-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Suspended for Review

III. OFFENSES AGAINST TRUTH

2475 Christ's disciples have "put on the new man, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness."274 By "putting away falsehood," they are to "put away all malice and all guile and insincerity and envy and all slander."275

2476 False witness and perjury. When it is made publicly, a statement contrary to the truth takes on a particular gravity. In court it becomes false witness.276 When it is under oath, it is perjury. Acts such as these contribute to condemnation of the innocent, exoneration of the guilty, or the increased punishment of the accused.277 They gravely compromise the exercise of justice and the fairness of judicial decisions.

2477 Respect for the reputation of persons forbids every attitude and word likely to cause them unjust injury.278 He becomes guilty:

- of rash judgment who, even tacitly, assumes as true, without sufficient foundation, the moral fault of a neighbor;

- of detraction who, without objectively valid reason, discloses another's faults and failings to persons who did not know them;279

- of calumny who, by remarks contrary to the truth, harms the reputation of others and gives occasion for false judgments concerning them.

1856 Mortal sin, by attacking the vital principle within us - that is, charity - necessitates a new initiative of God's mercy and a conversion of heart which is normally accomplished within the setting of the sacrament of reconciliation:

When the will sets itself upon something that is of its nature incompatible with the charity that orients man toward his ultimate end, then the sin is mortal by its very object . . . whether it contradicts the love of God, such as blasphemy or perjury, or the love of neighbor, such as homicide or adultery.... But when the sinner's will is set upon something that of its nature involves a disorder, but is not opposed to the love of God and neighbor, such as thoughtless chatter or immoderate laughter and the like, such sins are venial.130