Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Other Religions  > Jesus told us the only one true way to worsip God all others are only secdondary.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:10 AM
LadyAshanti

Default Re: Jesus told us the only one true way to worsip God all others are only secdondary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker100 View Post
The exclusivity of Jesus in worship is often a point of misunderstanding. The statement, "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me." is also relatedly, often misused.

All people know God. God is evident to everyone through what He has made. Anyone if they wish, can follow God, as God's voice is in everyone's heart. People of any religion can do this.

Following this voice is true religion. People can call them selves whatever they wish. When they follow this voice they serve God and love their fellow man. Traditions don't matter at all.

The missunderstanding comes in when people who call themselves Christians tell non-Christians, "you don't have God because your don't have Jesus", or "You don't know God because you don't know Jesus". This creates so much hurt and animosity because saying that statment is an attack on God in other people. People who may not be Christian are hurt by that statement because they do know God and do feel God in their hearts.

This statement however, "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me." means something else and is much more positive. It is a gift for everyone.

It is the way to life for all people. Everyone knows God in their heart and everyone can serve God in their motives but physically people who do not have Jesus cannot do things physically for God. They can serve people or tasks but they cannot do things to God physically as they do not have God in their physical realm.

Jesus (the light of the world) brings God into the physical realm of our world. When Jesus went to the Jews of His time, he was offering them a precious gift, a very very precious gift. He was offereing them the gift of life. They already knew God. They already felt the joy of God. They could cling to God and follow his voice. They could not however do things to or for God in the physical realm, even if their hearts and motives were for it. Jesus fixes that. Jesus is God in our physical realm. We can serve Him straight on by doing things to Him and for Him in our work. We can do this to Him and for Him in our work as He is in everyone on the earth. God is love and God is Jesus and God is love. Thus we physically work for Love with Jesus.

By serving Jesus in everyone on the earth we complete what John 3:21 says. "But he who practices the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."

This means that a person who in their heart is doing the right thing (serving God) realizes that even though his motives are right, his physical action is not to God without Jesus. His physical action is to people or tasks. Thus this person comes to the light (Jesus) so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God. It means now this servant of God can serve God physically, by doing things to Jesus in others. This is walking in the light and is the gift of eternal life.

It is for everyone. Jesus is our link to the Father in our physical realm as Jesus is the part of the Trinity, that is physically served. Thus Jesus says, "no man come to the Father but by me." He does not mean that we do not know God or are not with God in our hearts. He means that for us to serve God in the physical realm we serve Jesus to serve God and thus the Father.

With this, God's joy can become our joy and God's life our life.
This is all very nice, however none of it is truth...please post scriptures to support this stance, [book, chapter and verse]...

Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Seeker100

Default Re: Jesus told us the only one true way to worsip God all others are only secdondary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAshanti View Post
This is all very nice, however none of it is truth...please post scriptures to support this stance, [book, chapter and verse]...

Thanks!
John 3:21 "But he who practices the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God".

John 1:4 "In Him was life, and the life was the light of men."

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world: he who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

John 8:34 "Truly truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. And the slave does not remain in the house forever: the Son does remain forever. If the Son shall make you free you shall be free indeed."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Yaright

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
He said that to the Pharisees, not to his followers.

The Bible tells Christians:

"So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us" (2 Thessalonians 2:15)

"Now I praise you because you remember me in everything and hold firmly to the traditions, just as I delivered them to you" (1 Corinthians 11:2)
I see that both you and Waymaker are 100% right in the verses you gave, and the text they were given. One speaks of the religions of men, who by their independent works cause some to trust in the religion of men more than to trust in the things Jesus teaches. Mark 7;8 "For laying aside the commandments of God, you hold the traditions of men- the washing of pitchers and the cups and many other such things you do."

There are elements found in the religions of men that teach Holiness also comes in doing these things given in the regulations of each religion.

It is true that some of these things are necessary to reveal a spiritual matter; But to say some of these things of the religion are necessary in keeping a person's Salvation, is to enter again into bondage we've been set free from by Christ's blood given on the Cross. As christians are made aware that it is not the drinking from a cup that was cleaned by men; but the understanding of the suffering in the transformation which takes place in the heart of a man. This is one element many Jews did no understand. There is no better example than the sacrifice of a lamb that saved the whole of Israel from certain death. Though our Father in Heaven gave His only begotten Son as a living Sacrifice, known among us who are of faith, as the Lamb of God; Did those who adhered to the traditions because it is given in Law, perceive what they held in their hands to do? This is an example of where the traditions of various religions stand in the way of understanding. The Pharisees did not appreciate or trust the healing of many people, which they themselves could not do. In similar manner, there are religions among us that do not appreciate or trust in the healing of those who came to Jesus with their lives; Which even the elders of the church did not and could not perform in the body and the heart of a man.

Last edited by Yaright : 10-19-2009 at 11:27 PM.