Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Other Religions  > Church Fitness

Old 05-14-2020, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Church Fitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
Is that what you have gathered from those two references, that it is “my way”? The Holy Spirit was not in such a mode when He spoke through the Apostle, as if it would be alright if we abandon it.

As for your other flared commentary, anyone can see my continued thoughts on the Holy Spirit in the ‘Spirituality’ section. The one thing I don’t think I spoke of is the hyper assumption that it is possible for me to be an Apostle. First off, it is God who distributes and equips, remember? But as for someone claiming to be an Apostle, that is not true since Paul said he was the ‘last’.

Well, you know, he could have meant he was the last of the apostles that fit the earlier definition, which is that they were taught as disciples of Jesus in the flesh. Even though Paul knew of Jesus, scripture didnt record that he was a disciple of him before the cross. Some say that Jesus returned in the flesh and taught Paul for a time and thats why he was considered an apostle, which is already outside the original definition. God does what He wishes and the people and satan rage when He doesnt follow the way they expect Him to. Just like the pharisees raged when Jesus didnt follow accepted theology when he began preaching.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!