Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Other Religions  > Contemporary Hazards of the Gospel

Old 02-13-2020, 04:39 AM

Default Contemporary Hazards of the Gospel

Contemporary Hazards of the Gospel

In lands where the Church of Christ is not at all well-known or welcomed, persecution, in spite of efforts to combat the increase continues to experience the leading brunt of harm and misuse.
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

(2 Timothy 3:12)
What of lands where Christian godliness can be found and where the message of the cross is chief, whom would you surely exclude?

I'll hold my encompassed answer till participation resumes.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-22-2020, 05:28 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Contemporary Hazards of the Gospel

I'll say, Vatican City? That's not a joke. Christians are persecuted and mocked everywhere to one degree or another. "Christian" Europe really is no longer Europe, and in America - well, we know what's happening here.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-01-2020, 05:51 AM

Agree brother! Ever since first hearing of Luke’s days of vengeance (Lk 21:22), yet still recognizing our carrying on with the work of the great commission, it took me quite a while before I began to put those days in their proper context.

Which in the beginning I thought surely, vengeance was meant for those who reject the Gospel. But Paul made it clear, he did not grapple with those who were of a determined refusal as far as the day-to-day maintenance of the message went.

For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside?
Do you not judge those who are inside?
But those who are outside God judges.

Because, two verses prior he states the concern wasn’t to avoid our interaction with immoral man but his influence, as well as his conduct, but a more specific attention rises out of this.

If God judges those who on the outside, yet we are to maintain presence everywhere, where will then those terrible signs be directed, and perplexity and widespread distress and natural disasters (v-25), who truly is to be excluded but whom Paul mentions to avoid – the disobedient brother.

Fast-forward to today and recap the current status of that same disobedient brother? Yes, he is still outside and has devised means to enter some other way and corrupt that exclusion till his conduct now maintains any remaining resemblance of the Apostle’s tradition AND teaching.

My point is, vengeance isn’t directed predominately at that “determined refusal” of the Gospel, but at that long refusal just outside and that quenching of the Spirit who enables our fruit to remain. That two-thousand yr-old disobedient brother isn’t as easily refused as he once was, for he taps upon every article, precept and teaching associated with Christ with ease except for one,

“God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

(John 4:24)

Gospel hazards are always spiritual, aside from the carnal babe in Christ, I don’t think the Father meant here it was just so and therefore WILL worship in Spirit, but, because disobedience happens and therefore must be redirected. We must always follow the Christ, who enables us to triumph, to God be the glory!

For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

(Luke 21:22)

God will stand by you, and own you, and assist you. This was remarkably fulfilled after the pouring out of the Spirit, by whom Christ gave his disciples wisdom and utterance. Though we may be losers for Christ, we shall not, we cannot be losers by him, in the end. It is our duty and interest at all times, especially in perilous, trying times, to secure the safety of our own souls.

-Matthew Henry Commentary

Old 03-01-2020, 06:11 AM

May God bless my most critical opponent

, , in that most sacred of places best understood only between you and God the Father!

Old 03-04-2020, 03:35 AM

I think there is still deep rooted apprehension for reserving caution over the powerful influence of “sheep’s clothing”. Eschewing the care of God’s warnings on just how finely tuned deception comes along to trick us is anything but wise.

Is it still surprising when we evangelicals are faulted for upholding the final safeguard of our conduct for all things Christian? Both the erroneous scholar and the heathen can take part in the same reward,
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven
against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men,
who hold the truth in unrighteousness

(Romans 1:18)
The Holy Spirit, not man, made the great distinction for the Christian to follow – the Church and everything in it, or the Word and everything that would guide it.

Last edited by pryz : 03-04-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:43 AM

I was awakened this morning by a dark-complexioned man in a dream whom the Lord was speaking through, calling me by name three times, concluding upon our struggles for the Gospel, ,

'I have what you need!'

I suggest, that is good advice! BTW, I knew he was dark though he was positioned around a corner from me, glory to God!