Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Christianity & Other Religions  > As Churches Close

Old 07-09-2018, 03:43 AM

Default As Churches Close

AS CHURCHES CLOSE,
A WAY OF LIFE FADES

First in a series from Minnesota. All thoughts, comments welcome.

Source

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-09-2018, 04:11 AM

Default Re: As Churches Close

Those Christians whom have exchanged the ‘path’ for the “Church” are part of the problem.

In an older study a few short years ago,

Religious People Much Happier Than Others

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-09-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
AS CHURCHES CLOSE,
A WAY OF LIFE FADES

First in a series from Minnesota. All thoughts, comments welcome.

Source

Here is an observation. yes, it seems memberships are declining in many places, seems to be a sign of the times, perhaps a historical repeat? we will see, But I love these buts..

about 8 months ago I walked into a very small church in a rural area supporting a friend, the Holy Ghost church, and the Pastor was a previous man of the street, and now he spends much of the time evangelizing with his wife and whoever will go with him traveling to the poorest parts of the big city's as a street preacher giving nothing away but water and the Word, his message of hope and understanding.

This church was about 150 miles from any large city, and packed so full, it was standing room only. A very good milk and meat sermon.
The pictures of the crowds he draws when in the city's are something to be- hold. I felt blessed to witness this having known about this man 40 years ago.
God is truly great! Thank you Jesus..

Dan
Old 07-10-2018, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdan View Post
Here is an observation. yes, it seems memberships are declining in many places, seems to be a sign of the times, perhaps a historical repeat? we will see, But I love these buts..

about 8 months ago I walked into a very small church in a rural area supporting a friend, the Holy Ghost church, and the Pastor was a previous man of the street, and now he spends much of the time evangelizing with his wife and whoever will go with him traveling to the poorest parts of the big city's as a street preacher giving nothing away but water and the Word, his message of hope and understanding.

This church was about 150 miles from any large city, and packed so full, it was standing room only. A very good milk and meat sermon.
The pictures of the crowds he draws when in the city's are something to be- hold. I felt blessed to witness this having known about this man 40 years ago.
God is truly great! Thank you Jesus..

Dan
Thank God! Good report Dan!

As for this piece from MN, Other Star Tribune articles has a preference it seems and recently, close to one a month, ,
Some in state GOP give Muslims a cold shoulder

Minnesota legislators' meeting with reformist Muslim

In email to Star Tribune, Pugh distances self from anti-Muslim post; FB comments tell another story
But did you catch this one coming out of Harvard's dept-sampling?
New Harvard Research Says U.S. Christianity Is Not Shrinking, But Growing Stronger
That is if you happen to follow polling at all.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:21 AM

Faith seems to be growing a bit stronger in my area. Both in people attending churches and in those who dont attend church, but believe in Jesus (but have been hurt too many times by supposedly good church people to risk going back). So faith is really stronger than churches available and open coffers that support them.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
Faith seems to be growing a bit stronger in my area. Both in people attending churches and in those who dont attend church, but believe in Jesus (but have been hurt too many times by supposedly good church people to risk going back). So faith is really stronger than churches available and open coffers that support them.
Yes, faith is growing. Like you say, some attend church, but others don't. The most important thing is....to be a member of the TRUE CHURCH. The True Church is Jesus Christ, we who walk in Faith, believing that He is the Son of God, believe His Word, from cover to cover. The TRUE Church is all that matters.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
Thank God! Good report Dan!

As for this piece from MN, Other Star Tribune articles has a preference it seems and recently, close to one a month, ,
Some in state GOP give Muslims a cold shoulder

Minnesota legislators' meeting with reformist Muslim

In email to Star Tribune, Pugh distances self from anti-Muslim post; FB comments tell another story
But did you catch this one coming out of Harvard's dept-sampling?
New Harvard Research Says U.S. Christianity Is Not Shrinking, But Growing Stronger
That is if you happen to follow polling at all.

The below quote just about sets it right. folks get to a point when they realize there is more or something isn't quite right according to what they study, or they want to study and there is nowhere to seek guidance or get help. They are drawn and want to grow, but the church's are not setup for spiritual growth.

and yes, the polls short term v overall show constant upward growth.

from the link....

Quote:
People are making theological statements with their feet, shuffling to certain churches because they offer what people come seeking: clear, faithful, practical teaching of the scriptures, help in living intimately with and obediently to God, and making friends with people who will challenge and encourage them in their faith. To paraphrase the great Southern novelist Flannery O’Connor, if your church isn’t going to believe and practice actual Christianity, then “to hell with it.” This is what people are saying with their choices.

Last edited by iamdan : 07-12-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
Yes Brad and Ellie its the same here, a shifting, people have had it with the rot from the church's, the hypocrisy and political correctness or slowly removing Jesus as less important and they are fleeing church's and warning people. Even I have done this.
many are back having prayer groups and home study with friends.

But I will say I did find a church which I thought I would never attend another but was led to it and it is helped me understand the spiritual growth I was experiencing and had a network of believers at different levels ready to help.

Dan
Old 07-12-2018, 06:47 AM
Knight of the Forum

Church closings have been in the news for a loooooooooong time.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 07-12-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Church closings have been in the news for a loooooooooong time.

Yes CC, I think the point is while one article, (poll based) show's significant decline in membership of church's trying to emphasize a shrinking in true believers, another long term poll shows more actual believers. depends as usual what you want to believe, the audience.

Last edited by iamdan : 07-12-2018 at 07:57 AM.