True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Bible Chat  > Bible Not The Word Of God? My story

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-04-2010, 09:08 PM
1onetheone's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
Default Bible Not The Word Of God? My story

An introduction to myself and what has been revealed to me:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 1John

Jesus said:
You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, John 5

Yes, JESUS is the word of God the bible is not the word of God, it is the written word of mans testimony led and inspired by the holy spirit and through personal eyewitness.

Most People don't know the word of God because they have no personal relationship with the word of God who is Jesus Christ in heaven.

Most study endless scriptures and have so much bible knowledge yet they have no personal relationship with Jesus. They have never met God.

They do not hear Jesus' voice. Nor do they live free from sin because the scriptures cannot save them. Jesus has revealed his reality to me and changed my life so I sin no more. He changed my heart to be able to win against temptation. Yes he made me righteous, he revealed himself to me. He is the way the truth and the life.

I found Jesus wasn't deaf that he coulnt hear nor dumb that he coulnt speak.

Scripture study guided by the holy spirit is of benefit but how can one be saved if they don't seek Jesus and what he wants for them? How can anyone be saved if they wont leave their scripture and come to Jesus?

For Jesus indeed said the truth: You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me,

Many people put pastors and ministers between them and God but Jesus says come to me and I will give you wisdom. Paul also said to people if you want wisdom then go to the Lord. Don't rely on man, many fall because of this.

I have much more to say on this but I hope people will realize what I have found that I found Jesus in prayer and seeking, and separated myself from endless scripture and unreality of Jesus in churches and also of separating myself from the world and its pursuits.

When I follow Jesus its not in the mind, intellectual isn't spiritual.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Amadeus's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,171
Default Re: Bible Not The Word Of God? My story

Much of what you say is very good!

Give God all of the glory, and welcome to the forum!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-04-2010, 10:34 PM
alphaomega3160
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bible Not The Word Of God? My story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1onetheone View Post
An introduction to myself and what has been revealed to me:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 1John

Jesus said:
You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, John 5

Yes, JESUS is the word of God the bible is not the word of God, it is the written word of mans testimony led and inspired by the holy spirit and through personal eyewitness.

Most People don't know the word of God because they have no personal relationship with the word of God who is Jesus Christ in heaven.

Most study endless scriptures and have so much bible knowledge yet they have no personal relationship with Jesus. They have never met God.

They do not hear Jesus' voice. Nor do they live free from sin because the scriptures cannot save them. Jesus has revealed his reality to me and changed my life so I sin no more. He changed my heart to be able to win against temptation. Yes he made me righteous, he revealed himself to me. He is the way the truth and the life.

I found Jesus wasn't deaf that he coulnt hear nor dumb that he coulnt speak.

Scripture study guided by the holy spirit is of benefit but how can one be saved if they don't seek Jesus and what he wants for them? How can anyone be saved if they wont leave their scripture and come to Jesus?

For Jesus indeed said the truth: You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me,

Many people put pastors and ministers between them and God but Jesus says come to me and I will give you wisdom. Paul also said to people if you want wisdom then go to the Lord. Don't rely on man, many fall because of this.

I have much more to say on this but I hope people will realize what I have found that I found Jesus in prayer and seeking, and separated myself from endless scripture and unreality of Jesus in churches and also of separating myself from the world and its pursuits.

When I follow Jesus its not in the mind, intellectual isn't spiritual.
much of what you have said in like a pendulum ;
i think you will find ; that on your seeking the truth
the pendulum will swing to the right and then to the left of what the truth is

* the bible is the word of god
* Jesus is the word of god
* we need a relationship to Jesus
* we get that relationship with Jesus
1) in prayer ; ~~~ as we talk with him
2) in the bible ; ~~~~ as he talks back

with the Christan journey in our life
the swing of the pendulum becomes less and less
if we let the bible tell the story
however; if we interfere with what the bible says and try and change the swing ; the swing becomes greater and greater ; swinging farther and farther from the truth we seek
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-04-2010, 11:28 PM
1onetheone's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
Default Re: Bible Not The Word Of God? My story

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaomega3160 View Post
much of what you have said in like a pendulum ;
i think you will find ; that on your seeking the truth
the pendulum will swing to the right and then to the left of what the truth is

* the bible is the word of god
* Jesus is the word of god
* we need a relationship to Jesus
* we get that relationship with Jesus
1) in prayer ; ~~~ as we talk with him
2) in the bible ; ~~~~ as he talks back

with the Christan journey in our life
the swing of the pendulum becomes less and less
if we let the bible tell the story
however; if we interfere with what the bible says and try and change the swing ; the swing becomes greater and greater ; swinging farther and farther from the truth we seek
We must come to Jesus for wisdom, the holy scriptures cannot save us and we will not understand them if Jesus hasnt first changed our heart and made us free from all sin.
If we dont hear Jesus' voice and he doesnt lead us the bible will profit us nothing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Gentlewind
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bible Not The Word Of God? My story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1onetheone View Post
We must come to Jesus for wisdom, the holy scriptures cannot save us and we will not understand them if Jesus hasnt first changed our heart and made us free from all sin.
If we dont hear Jesus' voice and he doesnt lead us the bible will profit us nothing.
Yes, Jesus saves us. Yes, it is through following the guidance of the Holy Spirit we are free from sin.

But, the Bible is one of the primary, if not THE primary way, we hear God's voice. The story of Jesus is found in the Bible.

Quote:
How can anyone be saved if they wont leave their scripture and come to Jesus?
I don't think it's a good idea to recommend "leaving Scripture." Once we leave Scripture, we open ourselves to all kinds of deception. Any doctrine or teaching should line up with Scripture and not contradict it.

Quote:
. . . unreality of Jesus in churches . . .
This is a very general statement. I disagree. Jesus is alive and well in many churches. The covenants set forth in the Bible tell the story of God desiring family. We are children of God. He is the Father. We are family. We are told not to forsake meeting together:

Hebrews 10:25 (New International Version)

25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.


I do, however commend you for the rest of that statement:


Quote:
I have much more to say on this but I hope people will realize what I have found that I found Jesus in prayer and seeking, and separated myself from endless scripture and unreality of Jesus in churches and also of separating myself from the world and its pursuits.
Prayer and seeking are essential, "endless" scripture is not necessary, and it is good to separate from worldly pursuits as noted in Scripture. It is also true a child can love Jesus more fully than a biblical scholar; while gaining wisdom is desirable, it isn't how much we know in our heads that's important, but what we believe in our hearts.

If you are walking free of sin, you've accomplished what few have done.

WELCOME to the forums, and I look forward to your posts!

Last edited by Gentlewind : 09-05-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-05-2010, 12:20 AM
1onetheone's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
Default Re: Bible Not The Word Of God? My story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlewind View Post
Yes, Jesus saves us. Yes, it is through following the guidance of the Holy Spirit we are free from sin.

But, the Bible is one of the primary, if not THE primary way, we hear God's voice. The story of Jesus is found in the Bible.

I don't think it's a good idea to recommend "leaving Scripture." Once we leave Scripture, we open ourselves to all kinds of deception. Any doctrine or teaching should line up with Scripture and not contradict it.

This is a very general statement. I disagree. Jesus is alive and well in many churches. The covenants set forth in the Bible tell the story of God desiring family. We are children of God. He is the Father. We are family. We are told not to forsake meeting together:

Hebrews 10:25 (New International Version)

25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.


I do, however commend you for the rest of that statement:


Prayer and seeking are essential, "endless" scripture is not necessary, and it is good to separate from worldly pursuits as noted in Scripture. It is also true a child can love Jesus more fully than a biblical scholar; while gaining wisdom is desirable, it isn't how much we know in our heads that's important, but what we believe in our hearts.

If you are walking free of sin, you've accomplished what few have done.

WELCOME to the forums, and I look forward to your posts!
Thanks

If only people left the bible and went to JEsus to get to know him and hear his voice they could be saved. But people dont do that, instead they go to church and let man get inbetween them and God. They put studying the scriptures above coming to Jesus for guidance. For only those who are led and changed by the spirit which comes though a personal revelation of Jesus can understand the scriptures. NOT those who have theology degrees. They miss the point far because there is not reality of Jesus in their lives.
Those who truly love Jesus and know him spend time in his present and hear his voice and are guided by what he speaks to them in the spirit AND though scripture.
Most unfortunatly think that God is confined to the bible. No even Satan knows the bible better than anyone and it cant save neither him nor any atheists.
Jesus alone is the word of GOD. Jesus is the wisdom from who we must go to get wisdom for he will open the scriptures up to our understanding. But that cant happend untill we leave the bible and come to Jesus seeking him with a repentance heart and dealing with all sin in our lives.

For Jesus said: You search the scriptures thinking that in them you have enternal life yet you dont come to me for eternal life.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Gentlewind
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bible Not The Word Of God? My story

1onetheone:
Quote:
Those who truly love Jesus and know him spend time in his present and hear his voice and are guided by what he speaks to them in the spirit AND though scripture.
This I fully agree with!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 414
Default Re: Bible Not The Word Of God? My story

Oh how sweet the smell of revelation, the rock on which Christ is building His church, 1onetheone, oh how nice it is for a breath of fresh air, for so long I have being saying, but no they will not listen.

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

But soon all will see.

In His Love
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Amadeus's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,171
Default Re: Bible Not The Word Of God? My story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlewind View Post
Jesus is alive and well in many churches.
I know that you understand this, Gentlewind, but just to clarify...

Jesus is not alive in any building when it is empty no matter what people are regualrly in attendance there.

The Church or the many churches are people.

Jesus is not alive in the Bible itself, but the potential is there. That potential cannot become substantial and real unless the Holy Ghost and a person are also involved.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
colin's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,603
Default Re: Bible Not The Word Of God? My story

Your wrong about what you say there. Your relationship with Jesus comes from the scriptures. There is the word of man and it is set against the word of the Spirit , only seen through the eyes of faith. You say you sin no more but that is not true either. You obey the law and believe that you do not sin but if any man say he does not sin he is a lier. You believe sin to be breaking the law. You say Jesus speaks to you but he hasn't told you what the word means.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Real Story of the 'Father of the English Bible' CatholicCrusader General Discussions 22 10-10-2010 03:00 AM
THE BIBLE STORY ; an over view alphaomega3160 Bible Chat 16 09-17-2010 10:45 PM
The story of Tyndale's Bible 36Grit General Discussions 3 04-21-2010 08:58 PM
Reconciliation: Does the Bible tell the whole story? NotFinishedYet General Discussions 55 09-18-2009 07:07 AM
Where did God have the last word in the bible? walkinthespirit General Discussions 52 03-25-2009 09:50 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29