Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Bible Chat  > Satan

Old 06-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Joshua888

Default Satan

ElpidioLGagolinan
Mr. Joshua 888, I read your comments and you seem to be writing partial truth. You will not blame Satan for the evil and you blame it on man's hearts.Though the Bible says that, but Jesus also said the enemy (Satan) comes to kill, steal and destroy. On another verse our Lord calls the devil (Satan) the father of lies. I am sure you read Genesis where the serpent ( Satan) tempted Adam and Eve to eat the forbidden fruit that caused the fall of man. Yes man sinned and is responsible for his deeds . You quoted a lot from Revelation, I am sure you read about the dragon ( but you may say it is symbolic whether it is symbolic or not, the description of the dragon is unmistakenly clear, he is a deceiver). Yes sinful man will face judgment if man does not repent.

The best place to begin is in Genesis. This is one of my favorite verses to prove Churches are wrong right from the begining.

We are told not to add to the word yet you say the serpent is satan.

In all the versions of the Bible not one says it was satan where are you getting that from?

Could you please show me which version of the Bible says it was satan I cant find it?

The word satan does not appear any where in the chapter yet you say it was satan!

Yes I agree all Christians say it was satan and have passed down that fable for along time, however if you are an honest man you will have to admit that it does not say it was satan at any time in the chapter.

Why does Father Abraham never mention satan?
Why does Isacc never mention satan?
Why does Jacob never mention satan?

Could someone answer these particular verses that bother me?
To be continued......
May God bless your study of His Holy Bible
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Satan

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." Rev 12:9
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." Rev 12:9
Thanks Bro. Amadeus, I was about to quote the same verse to Joshua 888.

So Mr. Joshua 888, if you care about your soul, learn the truth while we are still under grace. I will pray that you and your group will find the truth while there is still time.

Another thing , Mr. Joshua 888 you don't seem to have Concordance. Concordance is a great tool for Bible study. Example, if you look up the word Satan in the Concordance, it will tell you the verses where you can find Satan. It will tell you other equivalent word for satan like Beelzebub and Devil.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
Thanks Bro. Amadeus, I was about to quote the same verse to Joshua 888.

So Mr. Joshua 888, if you care about your soul, learn the truth while we are still under grace. I will pray that you and your group will find the truth while there is still time.

Another thing , Mr. Joshua 888 you don't seem to have Concordance. Concordance is a great tool for Bible study. Example, if you look up the word Satan in the Concordance, it will tell you the verses where you can find Satan. It will tell you other equivalent word for satan like Beelzebub and Devil.
Lol Elpidio! Actually my belief is probably closer to that of Joshua 888 than to yours, but the verse immediately came to my mind. I want and we all should want whatever it is that God has for us whenever He has it for us.

John,
Old 06-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Daniel

Can I ask you joshua who you think the genesis serpant is?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:25 PM

I am not going to try to provider a precise answer but I think God was actually keeping His chosen people from conflict with the devil until they were able to stand up to the task. Since we were given the Holy Spirit we need to know about the spiritual conflict that exist in the heavens and the earth. When Christ met the devil during His forty days in the desert fasting it pretty well confirms his existence. The apostles spoke of the battle. The Revelations tell of the final end of the conflict. It seems pretty central to the salvation story. There is a reality there though we may not fully understand it.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua888 View Post
ElpidioLGagolinan
Mr. Joshua 888, I read your comments and you seem to be writing partial truth. You will not blame Satan for the evil and you blame it on man's hearts.Though the Bible says that, but Jesus also said the enemy (Satan) comes to kill, steal and destroy. On another verse our Lord calls the devil (Satan) the father of lies. I am sure you read Genesis where the serpent ( Satan) tempted Adam and Eve to eat the forbidden fruit that caused the fall of man. Yes man sinned and is responsible for his deeds . You quoted a lot from Revelation, I am sure you read about the dragon ( but you may say it is symbolic whether it is symbolic or not, the description of the dragon is unmistakenly clear, he is a deceiver). Yes sinful man will face judgment if man does not repent.

The best place to begin is in Genesis. This is one of my favorite verses to prove Churches are wrong right from the begining.

We are told not to add to the word yet you say the serpent is satan.

In all the versions of the Bible not one says it was satan where are you getting that from?

Could you please show me which version of the Bible says it was satan I cant find it?

The word satan does not appear any where in the chapter yet you say it was satan!

Yes I agree all Christians say it was satan and have passed down that fable for along time, however if you are an honest man you will have to admit that it does not say it was satan at any time in the chapter.

Why does Father Abraham never mention satan?
Why does Isacc never mention satan?
Why does Jacob never mention satan?

Could someone answer these particular verses that bother me?
To be continued......
May God bless your study of His Holy Bible
Mr. Joshua 888, I hope it is clear to the reader which comments are from me and which are from you.The second paragraph and following are from you and you know that.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Lol Elpidio! Actually my belief is probably closer to that of Joshua 888 than to yours, but the verse immediately came to my mind. I want and we all should want whatever it is that God has for us whenever He has it for us.

John,
Dear Amadeus or John, which belief are you closer to Joshua 888 than to mine? What I gather from Joshua 888 is he does not believe that Jesus is God, he mistrust all churches, and he believes Satan is not to blame.

To Mr. Joshua 888, am I correct or wrong in my assessment of your beliefs as I read your writings ?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
Dear Amadeus or John, which belief are you closer to Joshua 888 than to mine? What I gather from Joshua 888 is he does not believe that Jesus is God, he mistrust all churches, and he believes Satan is not to blame.
The only one of which I was speaking was satan. I do believe that satan is to blame, but to me satan is the 'old man' in me trying regain the dominion that he once had in me. In many, probably in most people, the 'old man' has never lost the dominion. Until the 'old man' is finally and completely dead in each of us the battles continue to rage.

John,
Old 06-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Joshua888

Brother seekers
Nice to meet such a group o f seekers thanks for the chance to speak openly.

I truly appreciate the editors, moderaters, hosts and I offer my sincere thanks.

Dear Daniel the serpent we are told from the verses in Genesis;

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

I except what the Bible teaches the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field. So we are told that it was a serpent and it was the wisest animal of all, and God made it.

Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What [is] this [that] thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Eve blames the serpent not satan. Why doesnt she blame satan?

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

God curses the serpent not satan. Why dosent God blame satan?

The serpents body is changed and the ability to speak is taken away.

The serpent is made to crawl in the dust. Why would a just God punish the serpent if satan did it?

Animals can talk if Gods wills it like the donkey that spoke to Baalim. Do you know that story? So that is no proof that it was satan because he spoke. The donkey also spoke.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

To understand this verse is proof there is no supernatural satan.

Dear E G

As I asked you to show just one verse that says it was satan and instead you said well it says satan in Strongs.
Dont you see you proved my point you had to go to a book other than the Bible to try to find satan.
Therefore you admit it does not say satan in the Bible but Strongs told you it was satan.
By saying the serpent was satan you make God unfair to the serpent for punishing it.

Why does Eve blame the serpent and not satan?

If you cannot produce one single verse that says it was satan, but only what somebody told you it says, then why should I listen to fables, stories, myths, you cannot back up with one single verse.

Dear Amedeus

Yes you get it the evil is in us. We are evil and desperately wicked. Look at mans inhumanity to man in this sick war torn world.

The Bible is clear about human nature , this is what Jesus said about man;

Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

''''''FROM WITHIN MAN COMES EVIL''''

Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead [men's] bones, and of all uncleanness.

'''''FROM WITHIN MAN COMES EVIL''''

Mat 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

'''''''FROM WITHIN MAN COMES EVIL'''''

Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

How much clearer can Jesus put it!

'''''FROM WITHIN MAN COMES EVIL'''''

Dear E G
You are correct Sir, Jesus had to be a man so he could die on the cross, the modern Christian churches are astray from the old testament of the law and the prophets, I can prove that YHWH is called satan when He goes against King David.

May God bless your study of his Holy Bible