Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Bible Chat  > The fate of BACs who fail to remain “in Christ”

Old 01-19-2019, 04:16 PM

Default Re: The fate of BACs who fail to remain “in Christ”

MOD NOTE

Catholics are Christians, period and on this site shall be treated as such.
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-19-2019, 04:36 PM
Knight of the Forum

Its a shame that with the forum being so slow, you still need to post such a warning. Oh well.

You guys should send out an email "blast" to all subscriber inviting them back to post. I send out blasts for a living. I could do it for you. if I had access. It would be nice to see this place busy again like it used to be.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-19-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Is that really any different? You can lose your salvation if you decide not to LIVE in Christ. That works for me. You can lose your salvation if you decide not to DWELL in Christ. That works for me too.

As distasteful as it is for me to be on the same side as that Cretin in this argument, you know that I have demonstrated many times that a person can lose their salvation. In fact, "lose your salvation" is not even good grammar, because one cannot lose what one does not possess. Salvation is a process, not a one time event (oh Lordy how many times have I typed that sentence). You will be "saved" when you are in heaven. Until then you are working out your salvation.

Tim Staples - What does the Bible say about "Eternal Assurance?

Does Salvation By Faith and Works Mean You Can Lose Your Salvation at Any Moment?

Well Terry it's nice to see that you do agree with someone, even if it is that certain, albeit your understandings are incorrect.

JIM

Last edited by Lookinforacity : 01-19-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
The Holy Spirit is the one who does the WORK (FRUIT) which is displayed in us, if we have no FRUIT we never had the Holy Spirit, and we are cast into the fire because we never did ABIDE (LIVE-DWELL) in Him

8)* Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.*
Nice! Also on handling, it should be a regular feature to see resisting the extremes and yet partaking of the mature-median. Resisting over-correction as well as under-correction yet, no one should be denied partaking of the reasonable Philippian-fruit.
Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like

All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable.

Let your moderation be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

(Luke 6:47, 1 Corinthians 6:12, Philippians 4:5)

Php 4:5. τ. ἐπιεικ. “Reasonableness.” - Expositor's Greek
Surly, an apparent occasional strange sacrifice to those on the outside looking in, and those on the inside taking note of secure oversight - un-daunted liberty.

Oh, but to behold doctrine beyond reproach from those whom know not to corrupt it by correcting imperfect flesh. In the end, grace to breathe life or else utter one’s own dis-qualification. Naming the fault shouldn’t be taking place “as becometh saints”. And naming permissiveness is not the point; we know, to err or stumble upon the obvious is wrong as wrong can be
, ,if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual,
restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one
looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted.

(Galatians 6:1)
As for the “fate of BACs who fail”, what is that to you? Is this going to make things whole again? Who is it that really deserves the promotion but those who are busy restoring another in love to richness, saying, look how the Lord has had mercy, oh thank God?! That should be the member who should have the preeminent place in this world-wide fight of faith!

Old 01-20-2019, 03:53 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
Well Terry it's nice to see that you do agree with someone, even if it is that certain, albeit your understandings are incorrect. JIM
You damm with faint praise sir. LOL.

But still, I am not incorrect. People fall away all the time. If YOU wanted to, right now, you could denounce Christ and live in such a way that would send you to hell. You have the freedom of will to make that choice. I know that its hard to fathom someone actually doing that, but it happens.

Do you think that you do NOT have that choice? Is God holding you prisoner in your salvation?

I was recently looking through this horrible disgusting Twitter hashtag: #ExposeChristianSchools

It is filled with thousands of people who were Christians, then heard what society says about homosexuality, and have chosen society's lies over God's truth, and what's more, they now attack God. It is so much easier for them to wallow in their sin than repent and change.

The choice was put before them, good or evil, life or death. They chose evil. Look through that link for a while. It will turn your stomach

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 01-20-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
You damm with faint praise sir. LOL.

But still, I am not incorrect. People fall away all the time. If YOU wanted to, right now, you could denounce Christ and live in such a way that would send you to hell. You have the freedom of will to make that choice. I know that its hard to fathom someone actually doing that, but it happens.

Do you think that you do NOT have that choice? Is God holding you prisoner in your salvation?

I was recently looking through this horrible disgusting Twitter hashtag: #ExposeChristianSchools

It is filled with thousands of people who were Christians, then heard what society says about homosexuality, and have chosen society's lies over God's truth, and what's more, they now attack God. It is so much easier for them to wallow in their sin than repent and change.

The choice was put before them, good or evil, life or death. They chose evil. Look through that link for a while. It will turn your stomach
Something for you to think about.

Php_3:12* Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Eph. 3:1*
For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Eph. 4:1*
I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Phm. 1:1*
Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer,

Phm. 1:9*
Yet for love's sake I rather beseech thee, being such an one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ.

HMMMMMMM, I tend to think so.

JIM
Old 01-21-2019, 09:09 AM
Knight of the Forum

Cheap shot. You know darn good and well that eternal assurance is not what he was talking about. Being "a prisoner of Jesus Christ" is a poetic flair, not some theological fact regarding salvation. Its like saying that someone has the keys to my heart, a poetic flair, obviously not factual.

Remember, Paul doubted his own assurance of salvation many times: "I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby justified. It is the Lord who judges me" (1 Cor. 4:4). Paul admitted that even he could fall away: "I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified" (1 Cor. 9:27). Even he could not be 100% sure either of his own present state or of his future course.

In Romans 11:22, Paul says, "Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off." In Galatians 5:4, Paul says, "You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace." This verse implies that they were united with Christ and in grace before they fell.

AND... ....you never answered my question. I said that if wanted to, right now, you could denounce Christ and live in such a way that would send you to hell. Do you deny that you have that choice?

Old 01-30-2019, 11:12 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryz View Post
As for the “fate of BACs who fail”, what is that to you?
Well, how about? >>> God calls some BACs to be evangelists (esp. Spirit-filled BACs).
There are 2 types of evangelists: (1) to the unsaved, and (2) to people in churches.
Right now, He has me workin' on #2.
Is all of this OK with you?

Last edited by BCsenior : 01-30-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:17 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
People fall away all the time.
If YOU wanted to, right now, you could denounce Christ and live in such a way that would send you to hell.
You have the freedom of will to make that choice.
I know that its hard to fathom someone actually doing that, but it happens.
Do you think that you do NOT have that choice?
Is God holding you prisoner in your salvation?
This is all absolutely correct ... as unpopular as it is!
And this is why it is not taught in very many churches.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsenior View Post
Well, how about? >>> God calls some BACs to be evangelists (esp. Spirit-filled BACs).
There are 2 types of evangelists: (1) to the unsaved, and (2) to people in churches.
Right now, He has me workin' on #2.
Is all of this OK with you?
Of course! I hope you didn’t detect the possibility of my taking exception to that, heavens-no!

In fact, I thought you might have cast-light on the lack within my comment of me more correctly backing-off from including the involuntary and instead, fashion all towards the intentional. One dashes the foot, one wields the fork, one welcomes wholesome shame, the other scatters and slaughters from logic-out.

Not saying you have, just that I have not. Meaning, not to invite another detection here of say, permissiveness, but the “many ways” we stumble which aren’t an instinctive response of the obedient, they just have an in-exhaustive way of finding us. But again, all in how we chose to respond to how deep a stumble has occurred.