Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Bible Chat  > HEBREWS 8 When?

Old 11-27-2018, 02:44 PM

Default HEBREWS 8 When?

So when does the covenant found in Hebrews 8 come to pass?

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I WILL BE TO THEM A GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE TO ME A PEOPLE:
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-28-2018, 04:30 AM

Default Re: HEBREWS 8 When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwreckNsow View Post
So when does the covenant found in Hebrews 8 come to pass?
Is it not when you and I turn, ,
How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, c so that we may serve the living God!

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

(Hebrews 9:14,15)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-28-2018, 05:56 AM

It was at the time when Christ instituted the Eucharist. According to the New King James Bible:

Mat 26:28 - “For this is My blood of the new[fn] covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar 14:24 - And He said to them, “This is My blood of the new[fn] covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk 22:20 - Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

The first time Christ used the words “new covenant” are found in the Gospels during the Last Supper or the Passover feast.

Last edited by Selene : 11-28-2018 at 06:28 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:35 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
It was at the time when Christ instituted the Eucharist. According to the New King James Bible:

Mat 26:28 - “For this is My blood of the new[fn] covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar 14:24 - And He said to them, “This is My blood of the new[fn] covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk 22:20 - Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

The first time Christ used the words “new covenant” are found in the Gospels during the Last Supper or the Passover feast.
In the Bible there are six covenants: Adamic, Noahic, Abrahamic, Mosaic, Davidic, and the New Covenant in Christ. And we see that each covenant casts its net wider: Two people, a family, a tribe, the 12 tribes, a Kingdom, and finally the whole world.

Christ established the final covenant. Anybody who wants to enter that covenant can enter, by believing and being baptized.

A Covenant is the means by which a person is brought into a family, or a giving of persons to one another. Regarding the covenants, a Covenant is the means by which a person is brought into the Family of God, and becomes an adopted son or daughter of the Father.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 11-28-2018, 09:36 AM

its all about loving God and loving people
Old 11-28-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
In the Bible there are six covenants: Adamic, Noahic, Abrahamic, Mosaic, Davidic, and the New Covenant in Christ. And we see that each covenant casts its net wider: Two people, a family, a tribe, the 12 tribes, a Kingdom, and finally the whole world.

Christ established the final covenant. Anybody who wants to enter that covenant can enter, by believing and being baptized.

A Covenant is the means by which a person is brought into a family, or a giving of persons to one another. Regarding the covenants, a Covenant is the means by which a person is brought into the Family of God, and becomes an adopted son or daughter of the Father.
I agree. Excellent response!
Old 11-29-2018, 08:26 AM

I dont think that covenant has arrived yet

HEBREWS 12 [23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,[24] And to Jesus THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT, AND TO THE BLOOD of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

The covenant in His blood has arrived but not the covenant found in Hebrews 8.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
I dont think that covenant has arrived yet

HEBREWS 12 [23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,[24] And to Jesus THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT, AND TO THE BLOOD of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

The covenant in His blood has arrived but not the covenant found in Hebrews 8.
Are there supposed to be two New Covenants? God only spoke of one New Covenant.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:54 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
I dont think that covenant has arrived yet.......
You are incorrect sir. The 6th and final covenant was established by Jesus.

Selene, you will like this: Scott Hahn explains the words “It is finished” spoken by Jesus in his final moments on the cross. What was finished and how does “it” relate to the Eucharist, the Passover meal, and Christ’s Passion

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 12-01-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post

Christ established the final covenant.
Ezekiel 37:26-27 (KJV)
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Scripture above speaks of a covenant that will not be until Christ dwells with us on earth {1000 yr period of rest}

Have you ever looked into the feast of tabernacles?

Last edited by IwreckNsow : 12-01-2018 at 10:35 AM.