Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Bible Chat  > HEBREWS 8 When?

Old 12-21-2018, 05:57 PM

Default Re: HEBREWS 8 When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Not on your life. "Covenant" is the core of Dr. Scott Hahn's teachings and understanding of scripture and the Bible, and a proper understanding of covenant makes everything fall into place. I have read and agreed with him on this subject for years - his greatest talks, papers & lectures are on this topic, and nobody short of Jesus is going to tell me its wrong.

I can guide you to some great material if you are interested.

Covenant Theology; Dr. Scott Hahn

You too

I'm sorry Terry, I was only referring to your last statement about having Hot Chocolate.

Its Christmas time; take a break from posting your ignorant ramblings and go drink some hot chocolate

Like I said it's Egg Nog!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-21-2018, 06:10 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
I'm sorry Terry, I was only referring to your last statement about having Hot Chocolate......
LOL!! Woops!!
Merry Christmas

(I changed my post)

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 12-21-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-21-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Not only is your answer ridiculous, you also obviously don't know what "covenant" means to Jews of the day.

A covenant is a solemn promise, fortified by an oath, and sealed with a symbolic action. A covenant was often the means by which a person from another land was brought into a family. In this case, it is the means by which we are brought into the family of God and become adopted sons of the Father.

THAT is a covenant, and that is not a testament.

Its Christmas time; take a break from posting your ignorant ramblings and go drink some hot chocolate
Matthew 26:27-28 (KJV)
27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Testament
Greek Strong's Number: 1242
Greek Word: διαθήκη
Transliteration: diathēkē
Phonetic Pronunciation:dee-ath-ay'-kay
Root: from <G1303>
Cross Reference: TDNT - 2:106,157
Part of Speech: n f
Vine's Words: Covenant

Usage Notes:

English Words used in KJV:
covenant 20
testament 13 Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

TOLD YA
JER.10 [3] For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.[4] They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.[5] They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:32 PM

ZECH.9 [9] Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, THY KING COMETH UNTO THEE: HE IS JUST, AND HAVING SALVATION; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.[10] And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from river even to the ends of the earth.[11] As for thee also, BY THE BLOOD OF THY COVENANT I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water

LUKE 22 [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.

Like i said....they are interchangable
JER.10 [3] For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.[4] They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.[5] They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:45 PM

As for the hot chocolate. Good idea. Have a wonderful Christmas
Old 12-21-2018, 09:45 PM

I'm having egg nog. Merry Christmas, everyone! ☺
Old 12-21-2018, 09:52 PM

Merry Christmas!! I'm having a twist on eggnog, pumpkin spice eggnog
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:13 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
I'm having egg nog. Merry Christmas, everyone! ☺
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
Merry Christmas!! I'm having a twist on eggnog, pumpkin spice eggnog
Egg nog for all

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II