Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Bible Chat  > HEBREWS 8 When?

Old 12-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: HEBREWS 8 When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwreckNsow View Post
.....Does EVERYONE know the Lord? Not even close. Do the muslims know the Lord. Do the athiest know the Lord?.....
Do you... ...?

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-05-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Do you... ...?
1JOHN2 [3] AND HEREBY WE DO KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.[4] He that saith, i know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.[5] But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

I observe to keep the 10 commandments. I observe to keep the graven image commandment. I also observe to keep the sabbath commandment. How about you?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-05-2018, 06:13 PM

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

This covenant has already been fulfilled. “I will be their God, and they shall be to me a people.” The people whom God chose to write His laws and commandments into their hearts and mind are the Christians. He is our God and we are His people.

Hebrews 8:11 And THEY shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

“They” in here are referring to the Christians, not the atheists or pagans. Nevertheless, even the atheists and pagans have heard of God despite that they chose not to believe Him.

Last edited by Selene : 12-05-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:41 AM
Knight of the Forum

Arrow Re: HEBREWS 8 When?

Quote:
I observe to keep the 10 commandments. I observe to keep the graven image commandment. I also observe to keep the sabbath commandment. How about you?
I observe the commandments correctly. I see that you do not.

First of all, Christians do not worship on the Sabbath, they worship on the Lord's Day, the first day of the week, the day Christ rose from the dead.

Jesus rose from the dead "on the first day of the week" ( Mt 28:1; Mk 16:2; Lk 24:1; Jn 20:1). It is the "eighth day" following the sabbath (Cf. Mk 16:1; Mt 28:1)

The celebration of Sunday observes the moral commandment inscribed by nature in the human heart to render to God an outward, visible, public, and regular worship. Sunday worship fulfills the moral command of the Old Covenant. We observe the spirit of the Law, the fulfillment of the law, ad Christ intended. Those who still stick to the Sabbath only observe the old Letter of the Law, as the Pharisees command. Ritual Saturday worship is Pharisaical.

As for the graven images, that has already been addressed in this forum for years:

Quote:
The commandment about “graven images” is one of the most misunderstood scriptures. Consider Exodus 25: 18-19: “And make two cherubim out of hammered gold at the ends of the cover. Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends.” Here, God is commanding that images be made!

So is God contradicting himself? First he says don’t make a graven image, and then he orders graven images to be made? No, he is not contradicting himself. The problem is that folks have misinterpreted the words “graven image.”

According to Strong’s Concordance, the original Hebrew words that were translated into “graven image” referred to "idols". Of course, we know that an idol is a false god, or something that you place above God. Since the Cheribum are not false Gods, there is no contradiction.

Therefore, statues in Catholic Churches are not a violation of the commandment either. They are not idols, because they are not false Gods. My Church has a statue of an angel, just like God commanded the Israelites to make. We have a statue of Jesus, who is CERTAINLY not a false God. We have statues of saints because they are heroes of the faith, not gods - just like America has statues of its heroes – Washington, Lincoln, etc. – and those are not idols either.

Bottom line: The commandments forbid images of false idols or false gods, but there is nothing wrong with beautiful artwork of Jesus, Mary, or angels, whether that artwork be paintings, statues, or whatever.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 12-06-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:27 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
The laws are written in our hearts.......
Quote:
Not yet Selene.......
Yes, it is. Selene is correct.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:

First of all, Christians do not worship on the Sabbath, they worship on the Lord's Day, the first day of the week,
The only place i can find the “Lord’s day” is Rev.1. The many claim the Lord’s day in that scripture is speaking of sunday. Others say its speaking of saturday {Gods sabbath day}. Neither is correct. Its speaking of the “day of the Lord”.

REV.1 [7] Behold, HE COMETH WITH CLOUDS; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of THE EARTH SHALL WAIL because of him. Even so, Amen.[8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.[9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.[10] I was in the Spirit on THE LORD'S DAY, and heard behind me a GREAT VOICE, as of A TRUMPET,

he cometh with clouds - of a trumpet - the Lord's day - a great voice - the earth shall wail

ZEPH.1 [14] The great DAY OF THE LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even THE VOICE of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall CRY THERE BITTERLY.[15] That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a DAY OF CLOUDS and thick darkness,[16] A day of THE TRUMPET and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers

a day of clouds - of the trumpet - The great day of the LORD - even the voice - man shall cry there bitterly

See how these two scriptures are speaking of the same exact event. Pretty simple to see now that the Lords day is not sunday nor the sabbath day but another way to say the Day of the Lord. Simply read Rev.1. Why in the world would the earth wail because it was a sunday? However.......

AMOS 5 [16] Therefore the LORD, the God of hosts, the Lord, saith thus; WAILING shall be in all streets; and they shall say in all the highways, Alas! alas! and they shall call the husbandman to mourning, and such as are skilful of lamentation to WAILING. [17] And in all vineyards shall be WAILING: for I will pass through thee, saith the LORD. [18] Woe unto you that desire THE DAY OF THE LORD! to what end is it for you? THE DAY OF THE LORD is darkness, and not light.

There will be plenty of WAILING come the DAY OF THE LORD
Old 12-06-2018, 12:53 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
The only place i can find the “Lord’s day” is Rev..........
Maybe you should have read the rest of my post then:

Jesus rose from the dead "on the first day of the week" ( Mt 28:1; Mk 16:2; Lk 24:1; Jn 20:1). It is the "eighth day" following the sabbath (Cf. Mk 16:1; Mt 28:1).

For 2,000 years Christians have called that the Lord's Day.

How many times can you find the word "Bible" in the Bible? Answer: None. That is a word that Christians have come to call the scriptures. The fact that it in not in the Bible is irrelevant. Likewise, the fact that you cannot find the first day of the week being referred to as the Lord's Day is also irrelevant. That is what it has come to be called.

Your mentality, "If I can't find it in the Bible then it must not be so," is leading you to all manner of false understandings.

The point is: Christians do not worship on the seventh day of the week - the Sabbath - but rather on the first day of the week, the day Jesus rose from the dead. That is the way it has been since the apostles still walked on the earth.

"[T]hose who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord’s day, on which also our life has sprung up again by him and by his death" (Ignatius of Antioch​​​​​​​, Letter to the Magnesians 8 [A.D. 110]).

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 12-06-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:

The point is: Christians do not worship on the seventh day of the week - the Sabbath - but rather on the first day of the week, the day Jesus rose from the dead. That is the way it has been since the apostles still walked on the earth.
Show me the scriptures that prove your point. Or is that total speculation
Old 12-06-2018, 04:03 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Show me the scriptures that prove your point. Or is that total speculation
Show me the scripture that says there is a New Testament added to the Bible.

You cannot.

Show me in the Scriptures where the apostles Andrew and Phillip died.

You cannot. Does that mean they never died?

Show me in the Bible the Romans destroying the Temple. We know they did, so why is it not in the Bible?

Your request is myopic, simplistic, and somewhat childish I am forced to say. You would ignore 2,000 years of Christian teachings because it is not all in the Bible.

NOT EVERYTHING is in the Bible. We turn to early Christian writings for a glimpse into how the first Christians worshiped. If you have not read at least some of the early fathers then you have chosen to remain willfully ignorant of authentic Christianity.

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 12-06-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:59 AM

Quote:
. You would ignore 2,000 years of Christian teachings because it is not all in the Bible.

NOT EVERYTHING is in the Bible. We turn to early Christian writings for a glimpse into how the first Christians worshiped. If you have not read at least some of the early fathers then you have chosen to remain willfully ignorant of authentic Christianity.

In this early Christian writing,in the book the Faith of our Fathers which was written by James cardinal Gibbons in 1876, You will find this quote. “But you may read the bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the “sanctification” of Sunday. The scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify.” And he should know what hes talkin about being one heart beat away from popedumbship. So did the catholics get it right by mistake. They were the 1st ones to change Gods day of rest from the sabbath to sunday. Did they not know that you can worship God in vain when you worship Him through the commandments of man? What day do you “sanctify”, Gods or mans?

GENESIS 2 [1] Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2] And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. [3] And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY, AND SANCTIFIED IT: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

EZEKIEL 20 [12] Moreover also I GAVE THEM MY SABBATHS, TO BE A SIGN between me and them, that they might know THAT I AM THE LORD THAT SANCTIFY THEM.

The sabbath is a sign between God and his people that the “Lord does sanctify them”.

ISAIAH 66 [15] For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.[16] For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.[17] THEY THAT SANCTIFY THEMSELVES, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, EATING SWINE'S FLESH, and the abomination, and the mouse, SHALL BE CONSUMED together, saith the LORD.

I just love “Day of the Lord” scriptures. No one can claim that the scripture is for ancient Israel, because its yet to be fulfilled. It will be fulfilled when Jesus returns. Anyways, if THE SABBATH IS A SIGN THAT GOD SANCTIFYS YOU. Who are those that “sanctify themselves”? Pretty simple to figure out.