Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Bible Chat  > HEBREWS 8 When?

Old 12-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: HEBREWS 8 When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwreckNsow View Post
Ezekiel 37:26-27 (KJV)
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Scripture above speaks of a covenant that will not be until Christ dwells with us on earth {1000 yr period of rest}

Have you ever looked into the feast of tabernacles?
I don't believe in those 1000 year period doctrines. They are new modern inventions that appear nowhere in early or mid Christianity.

When Christ comes again it will be to judge the living and the dead. There is nothing else in between.

Respectfully, I believe you have badly misinterpreted those scriptures.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
I don't believe in those 1000 year period doctrines. They are new modern inventions that appear nowhere in early or mid Christianity.
Yeah. No bibles back then for the everyday man. Everything was directed by one group back then if they didnt want ya to hear about it, you wouldnt.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-2018, 03:05 PM

Gettin back to Herews 8

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

If God has already put His law into our heart and minds dont ya know that we would be keeping that law perfectly
Old 12-01-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwreckNsow View Post

If God has already put His law into our heart and minds dont ya know that we would be keeping that law perfectly
The laws are written in our hearts, but free will allows us to choose to sin or not to sin. Everyone knows that killing, stealing, adultery, and lying are wrong. Yet, even with that knowledge in our minds and heart, we continue to sin, and we continue to go to confession. Salvation is a journey in our life. And in that journey to holiness, we will fall. But as long as we lean on Christ, he will be there to pick us up so that we can continue our journey. We will always need God on this journey because we will fall many times.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
The laws are written in our hearts,
Not yet Selene

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE THE FIRST OLD. NOW THAT WHICH DECAYETH AND WAXETH OLD IS READY TO VANISH AWAY.

Jer.31 and Heb.8 are speaking of the same exact covenant. Although we are to try and walk as if Gods law was written in our heart, has the covenant of Jer.31 and Hebrews 8 already arrived?

Verse 8- I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. Not a gentile mentioned anywhere. Every time i say we {gentiles} are to keep the 10 commandments, i hear that covenant wasnt given to the gentiles! It was given to Isreal only!

Verse 11- Does EVERYONE know the Lord? Not even close. There will come a time.

Verse 13- Hebrews 8 was written AFTER the crucified Christ and the scripture clearly says that the old covenant (10 commandments) is WAXING OLD and GETTING READY to vanish. Aint vanished yet! Not that only! Hebrews 8 [8] says Behold the days come when He will make a new covenant. Didnt come yet. Yes there are some books that claim the ten are obsolete. In them same books youll find in Hebrews 4 the name of Jesus being change to Joshua for the same reason. To hide the truth

Verse 10- When God writes His commandments in our heart you can bet the ranch we will be keeping them. Yes, even His sabbath. When will God write His laws in our hearts?

DEUT. 30 [4] If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will THE LORD THY GOD GATHER THEE, and from thence will he fetch thee: [5] And the Lord THY GOD WILL BRING THEE INTO THE LAND WHICH THY FATHERS POSSESSED, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. [6] And the Lord THY GOD WILL CIRCUMCISE THINE HEART, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. [7] And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. [8] And THOU SHALT RETURN AND OBEY THE VOICE OF THE LORD, AND DO ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS which I command thee this day.

After the gathering {in the twinkling of an eye} to the kingdom rest. Verse 8- Yes.... that would be the 10 commandments. Does that include the sabbath

ISAIAH 66 [22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. [23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, SHALL ALL FLESH COME TO WORSHIP before me, saith the Lord.

Yup
Old 12-03-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
The laws are written in our hearts,
So when does the bible say His law will be written on our hearts?

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I WILL BE TO THEM A GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE TO ME A PEOPLE:

and will be their God, and they shall be my people {when does this happen}

ZECHARIAH 8 [7] Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; [8] And I WILL BRING THEM, AND THEY SHALL DWELL IN THE MIDST OF JERUSALEM: and THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE, AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, in truth and in righteousness.

they shall be my people, and i will be their God {when His people are gathered to Jerusalem}

JEREMIAH 24 [6] For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I WILL BRING THEM AGAIN TO THIS LAND: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up. [7] And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE, AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

they shall be my people, and i will be their God {and again}

JEREMIAH 32 [37] Behold, I WILL GATHER THEM OUT OF ALL COUNTRIES, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I WILL BRING THEM again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely: [38] And THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE, AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD: [39] And I WILL GIVE THEM ONE HEART, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: [40] And I will make an EVERLASTING COVENANT with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me. [41] Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I WILL PLANT THEM IN THIS LAND assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.

they shall be my people, and i will be their God {and again...after the gathering to Jerusalem}. Pretty simple. At the gathering of Gods people to Israel, God will then write His laws on our heart {Jer.31v33} and then we shall be His people and He will be our God.

EZEKIEL 11 [17] Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I WILL EVEN GATHER YOU FROM THE PEOPLE, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE LAND OF ISRAEL. [18] And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. [19] And I WILL GIVE THEM ONE HEART, and I will put a NEW SPIRIT within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: [20] That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE, AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD. I will gather you {in the twinkling of an eye} and bring you to Israel and give you a new heart and then they shall be my people and I will be their God.

After Jesus meets us in the air at what the "many" call the rapture {1Cor.15 event}, we are brought to the 1000yr period of rest. Jesus sets up His kingdom here on earth. Its then He will write His laws on our hearts as written in Hebrews 8

Last edited by IwreckNsow : 12-03-2018 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:48 PM

The New Covenant came with Christ because He is the mediator of the New Covenant. You asked when. It was during the Eucharist, when Christ said, "This is my blood of the new covenant, which will be shed for many for the remission of sins."
Old 12-04-2018, 04:11 AM

Quote:
The New Covenant came with Christ because He is the mediator of the New Covenant. You asked when. It was during the Eucharist, when Christ said, "This is my blood of the new covenant, which will be shed for many for the remission of sins."
Yes. Blood of the new covenant.

The new covenant is all about the blood of Christ.

ZECH.9 [9] Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, THY KING COMETH UNTO THEE: HE IS JUST, AND HAVING SALVATION; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.[10] And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from river even to the ends of the earth.[11] As for thee also, BY THE BLOOD OF THY COVENANT I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water

Verse 9 definately prophecies of the coming Jesus. Verse 11, Jesus is called the blood of thy covenant

HEBREWS 12 [23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,[24] And to Jesus THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT, AND TO THE BLOOD of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

New covenant...blood

LUKE 22 [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.

New testament...blood

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

old covenant...blood of goats.....The meat and drink offerings

HEBREWS [4] FOR IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[8] Above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND.

He taketh away the first {covenant}, that he may establish the second.

JOHN 6 [53] [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED, and MY BLOOD IS DRINK INDEED.

And theres the 2nd

All that being said. The covenant found in Hebrews 8 has not yet arrived
Old 12-04-2018, 05:15 AM

Christ came with the new covenant. Are you saying that there is another covenant that hasn’t come yet? What covenant could there be that would be greater than what Christ (who is God) came with? Christ is the mediator of the New Covenant. What other covenant would be greater than that? In the first place, can you explain what makes you think that the covenant spoken in Hebrews 8 is NOT the New Covenant of which Christ is the mediator of? Is the Covenant in Hebrew 8 coming with blood? And if so, what covenant do you suppose is greater than the blood of Christ (who is the Son of God)?

Last edited by Selene : 12-04-2018 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:50 PM

HEBREWS 8 [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Selene

Verse 11- Does EVERYONE know the Lord? Not even close. Do the muslims know the Lord. Do the athiest know the Lord? There will come a time when ALL PEOPLE will know the Lord as written in verse 11. The blood "new covenant" in Christ will still be in effect when this covenant arrives.