True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Bible Chat  > A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 11-14-2018, 09:26 AM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 55
Default Re: A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
I trust in Jesus, as do all Catholics.
I've know some who trust in their RCC more than they trust Jesus.
There are endless reasons to reject the RCC as false.
Here's just one: The RCC was in bed with Hitler!

God says in Revelation, "Come out from among them!"
I forget, but I think He may have meant all false "churches".
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-14-2018, 09:51 AM
CatholicCrusader's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,208
Default Re: A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsenior View Post
......There are endless reasons to reject the RCC as false......
There are endless lies to that end, not reasons. I thought we were being respectful in this thread, but you quickly resorted to lies and hate. And I see you could not even refute my last post, but instead went straight to the personal falsehoods and attacks. What a shame, although not unexpected.

First of all, its not RCC, its the "Catholic Church". You apparently don't even understand basics, that the Latin (Roman) Rite of the Catholic Church is just one of many rites. You don't even know what the Church is called and yet you pass judgement.

Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517. (Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)

Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.

Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.

The Catholic Church has existed for nearly 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.

Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with a billion members: one sixth of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit.

FOUR MARKS OF THE TRUE CHURCH

If we wish to locate the Church founded by Jesus, we need to locate the one that has the four chief marks or qualities of his Church. The Church we seek must be one, holy, catholic, and apostolic.

The Church Is One (Rom. 12:5, 1 Cor. 10:17, 12:13)
Jesus established only one Church, not a collection of differing churches. The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church. His Church also teaches just one set of doctrines, which must be the same as those taught by the apostles (Jude 3). This is the unity of belief to which Scripture calls us (Phil. 1:27, 2:2). Over the centuries, as doctrines are examined more fully, the Church comes to understand them more deeply (John 16:12–13), but it never understands them to mean the opposite of what they once meant.

The Church Is Holy (Eph. 5:25–27, Rev. 19:7–8)
By his grace Jesus makes the Church holy, just as he is holy. This doesn’t mean that each member is always holy. Jesus said there would be both good and bad members in the Church (John 6:70), and not all the members would go to heaven (Matt. 7:21–23). But the Church itself is holy because it is the source of holiness and is the guardian of the special means of grace Jesus established, the sacraments (cf. Eph. 5:26).

The Church Is Catholic (Matt. 28:19–20, Rev. 5:9–10)
Jesus’ Church is called catholic ("universal" in Greek) because it is his gift to all people. He told his apostles to go throughout the world and make disciples of "all nations" (Matt. 28:19–20). For 2,000 years the Catholic Church has carried out this mission, preaching the good news that Christ died for all men and that he wants all of us to be members of his universal family (Gal. 3:28). Nowadays the Catholic Church is found in every country of the world and is still sending out missionaries to "make disciples of all nations" (Matt. 28:19). The Church Jesus established was known by its most common title, "the Catholic Church," at least as early as the year 107, when Ignatius of Antioch used that title to describe the one Church Jesus founded. The title apparently was old in Ignatius’s time, which means it probably went all the way back to the time of the apostles.

The Church Is Apostolic (Eph. 2:19–20)
The Church Jesus founded is apostolic because he appointed the apostles to be the first leaders of the Church, and their successors were to be its future leaders. The apostles were the first bishops, and, since the first century, there has been an unbroken line of Catholic bishops faithfully handing on what the apostles taught the first Christians in Scripture and oral Tradition (2 Tim. 2:2). These beliefs include the bodily Resurrection of Jesus, the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, the sacrificial nature of the Mass, the forgiveness of sins through a priest, baptismal regeneration, the existence of purgatory, Mary’s special role, and much more —even the doctrine of apostolic succession itself. Early Christian writings prove the first Christians were thoroughly Catholic in belief and practice and looked to the successors of the apostles as their leaders. What these first Christians believed is still believed by the Catholic Church. No other Church can make that claim.

Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth

Man’s ingenuity cannot account for this. The Church has remained one, holy, catholic, and apostolic—not through man’s effort, but because God preserves the Church he established (Matt. 16:18, 28:20). He guided the Israelites on their escape from Egypt by giving them a pillar of fire to light their way across the dark wilderness (Exod. 13:21). Today he guides us through his Catholic Church.

The Bible, sacred Tradition, and the writings of the earliest Christians testify that the Church teaches with Jesus’ authority. In this age of countless competing religions, each clamoring for attention, one voice rises above the din: the Catholic Church, which the Bible calls "the pillar and foundation of truth" (1 Tim. 3:15).

Jesus assured the apostles and their successors, the popes and the bishops, "He who listens to you listens to me, and he who rejects you rejects me" (Luke 10:16). Jesus promised to guide his Church into all truth (John 16:12–13). We can have confidence that his Church teaches only the truth.
__________________

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 11-14-2018 at 10:37 AM. Reason: typo
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-14-2018, 09:58 AM
CatholicCrusader's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,208
Default Re: A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsenior View Post
......God says in Revelation, "Come out from among them!"
I forget, but I think He may have meant all false "churches".
Thanks for the false perversion of scriptures. How distasteful and un-Christian. Perverting God's word so that you can promote a lie is a grievous sin. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Anti-Catholic liars believe the Catholic Church to be the Whorre of Babylon spoken of in Revelation 18:4, where a heavenly voice cries out against the Whorre, saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues." The identification of the Church as the Whorre of Babylon is also a theme found in much anti-Catholic literature from 7th Day Adventist. But in fact it is ignorant and ridiculous to identify the Catholic Church as the Whorre of Babylon because Rev 18:20-24 shows God judges the Whorre to avenge the apostles and prophets (v. 20) because "in her was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who have been slain on the earth" (v. 24). But the Catholic Church never killed apostles or prophets. Indeed, anti-Catholics continually claim that the Catholic Church did not even exist in the apostolic age!! Their lies are exposed by their other lies.
__________________

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-14-2018, 01:32 PM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 55
Default Re: A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
But in fact it is ignorant and ridiculous to identify the Catholic Church as the ***** of Babylon because Rev 18:20-24 shows God judges the ***** to avenge the apostles and prophets (v. 20) because "in her was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who have been slain on the earth" (v. 24). But the Catholic Church never killed apostles or prophets.
The RCC murdered countless thousands of true believers during the Inquisition of the Middle Ages.
Amongst them were apostles and prophets and other believers with differing callings and offices.
However, Revelation 18 is dealing with the future.
This information is for others who might benefit from it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-14-2018, 01:51 PM
CatholicCrusader's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,208
Default Re: A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsenior View Post
The RCC murdered countless thousands of true believers during the Inquisition of the Middle Ages........
LOL! Now we are on to the Inquisition.
First it was prayer to the saints which you were too scared to debate because you are wrong about that issue, then it was that we are the Hore of Babylon which is a giant lie that you threw out there and walked away from, and now its the Inquisition.

You're just a pure anti-Catholic hate-monger. And you call yourself born again. Yah, I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsenior View Post
......Amongst them were apostles and prophets and other believers with differing callings and offices........
Now that's just an ignorant lie, since it is only the Catholic bishops (and Eastern Orthodox bishops) who are the legitimate successors to the apostles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsenior View Post
......This information is for others who might benefit from it.
What information. You spew out a bunch of lies and call that information? Nobody is benefiting from that
__________________

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 11-14-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-15-2018, 12:02 AM
whitetiger's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,287
Default Re: A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsenior View Post
The RCC murdered countless thousands of true believers during the Inquisition of the Middle Ages.
Amongst them were apostles and prophets and other believers with differing callings and offices.
However, Revelation 18 is dealing with the future.
This information is for others who might benefit from it.
Protestants murdered thousands, so what's your point? That you hate some Christians?
__________________
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-15-2018, 03:18 PM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 55
Default Re: A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
Protestants murdered thousands, so what's your point? That you hate some Christians?
I never said that I hate some Christians.
BTW, I was very shocked about 15 years ago,
when I FIRST started hearing non-believers
talking about Christians and Roman Catholics
... if they were NOT the same thing!

Have you ever heard of this secular distinction between the two?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Christians And Sinning Lookinforacity Bible Chat 16 07-06-2017 10:27 AM
Sinning Without Law. Lookinforacity Bible Chat 4 10-05-2014 10:44 AM
“Sinning Willfully” Netchaplain Bible Chat 17 07-18-2014 10:50 PM
Is it really possible to stop sinning? What is sin anyway? BruceG General Discussions 11 04-28-2009 07:43 PM
Do sinning Christians go to Hell? irondumpty General Discussions 121 03-04-2009 12:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29