Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Bible Chat  > A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

Old 11-06-2018, 10:59 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
What does work out your own salvation really mean ?.......
It means to allow God's grace to move you and your free will to do the works Christ commanded us to do:

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
No problem, mine is just bird's eye view. The author of the OP seems to be all inclusive in his view or definition of born again. I believe i am a little bit more selective when i use the term born again.

As far as OSAS no one can see that exactly in the Bible. We humans may think we are born again or saved but God has the final say.

ped
You just sound very confused about everything Ped.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
I agree that not everything was written to all people, and I would point to John 20:23 as an example, "If you forgive anyone's sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven", where Jesus gives the power to forgive sins to the apostles only, not everyone.
But I disagree that this statement by Paul is one of those things. We are ALL supposed to work out our salvation by doing the works that Christ commanded us to do.

So, post this command which backs up your statement, I'm not in the habit of believing people, just because they said it, especially something which is supposed to be in the Bible.

Oh by the way, Salvation is not of works, but by Faith, and the Grace of God, not of ourselves.

Eph 2:8,9
8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:*
9)* Not of works, lest any man should boast.

In other words, we are not Saved by works at all, either before or after we have gained the Grace of God in the form of our Salvation.

Eph 2:10*
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Therefore if the works do not exist in a persons life, then they weren't Saved.

That is what James speaks about.

Jas_2:18*
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Works in the life of the Christian are the demonstration of the Grace of God in a persons life, which has brought about Salvation, through Faith in Jesus Christ.

But you know all this .

So you see how easy it is, make a statement then back up that statement with the scripture which says the same thing.

What about 2,3 John?????

Be Blessed
JIM

Last edited by Lookinforacity : 11-07-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:34 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post
So, post this command which backs up your statement....
See post 11. Note that He says that those who do not do the good works go to hell.

I would also point out Matthew 6:14-15: "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.".
So forgiving others is also a must-do work to be saved. If you don't then your sins are not forgiven; Plain as day

Quote:
.....Oh by the way, Salvation is not of works, but by Faith, and the Grace of God, not of ourselves.
Actually its by faith AND works, not by faith alone.
In fact there is only one place in the Bible where the two words "faith alone" appear side by side, and that is in James 2:24, and guess what it says: "You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone."

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 11-06-2018, 08:21 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
You just sound very confused about everything Ped.
Really ? Straigthen me up then. Are you going to tell me OSAS have a license to sin ?

About everything ? wow. Or are you going to tell me OSAS does not need to repent ?

ped
Old 11-06-2018, 08:25 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
It means to allow God's grace to move you and your free will to do the works Christ commanded us to do:

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Verses 37 and 46 mentioned the righteous. Question : How did they become righteous ?

ped
Old 11-06-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Really ? Straigthen me up then. Are you going to tell me OSAS have a license to sin ?

About everything ? wow. Or are you going to tell me OSAS does not need to repent ?

ped
Hi Ped

You just proved my point, on both counts.

JIM
Old 11-06-2018, 11:30 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Hi Ped

You just proved my point, on both counts.

JIM
Jim, I am curious , have you read what the Spirit is saying to the 7 churches mentioned in the Book of Revelation ?

ped
Old 11-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
What the good Missionary to Nepal has said was just a bad Interpretation of something which did not need an Interpretation to understand, it's sort of his, just trying to be Spiritual about everything.
FYI, Dr. Hale has been baptized with the Holy Spirit.
Such people quite usually have more spiritual revelation-understanding-insight
than BACs who have not been so baptized.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:17 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
The author of the OP seems to be all inclusive in his view or definition of born again.
I believe i am a little bit more selective when i use the term born again.
Yes, this is a tricky one.
IMO, when one has received the indwelling Holy Spirit, he/she is a new creation,
and thus has been born a second time ... this time spiritually.
Hence, the term "born again".
But, IMO, the proof of being born-again is a radically-changed lifestyle.
However, Billy Graham had NO idea what had happened to him ... for 6 months.
And ditto for me ... 6 months!

Last edited by BCsenior : 11-07-2018 at 09:19 AM.