Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Bible Chat  > What will God's King do for mankind?

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 06:17 PM
Suspended for Review

Default What will God's King do for mankind?

Many proclaim that God's Kingdom is a feeling in your heart. Is this line of thinking accurate? Afterall, Jesus Christ taught his followers to pray for God's Kingdom. While on earth, Jesus did demonstrate what God's Kingdom would do for mankind.

God's Kingdom does have a purpose and like any other Kingdom or Government, it has subjects that live by its guidelines.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-09-2018, 10:20 PM

Default Re: What will God's King do for mankind?

MOD NOTE

This thread will be allowed to continue for now but no promotion of any thing Jehovah Witness
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-10-2018, 05:12 AM
Suspended for Review

Look! My servant, whom I support! My chosen one, whom I have approved! I have put my spirit in him; He will bring justice to the nations." (Isaiah 42:1)

"“I, Jehovah, have called you in righteousness; I have taken hold of your hand. I will safeguard you and give you as a covenant for the people And as a light of the nations," (Isaiah 42:6)

Looking at scripture we see Jehovah would have a Servant, whom he supports as his Chosen One and he would put his spirit in him, and that this servant was called in righteousness, be safeguarded and be given as a covenant for the people and be a light to the nations.

Many people have denied this servant of Jehovah. When this servant healed a man on the sabbath, the wicked religious leaders condemned him for healing the man on the sabbath. The same ones who proclaimed to know the Law. The account goes on to say, "But the Pharisees went out and conspired against him to kill him." (Matthew 12:14)

"but he sternly ordered them not to make him known,  in order to fulfill what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet, who said:" (Matthew 12:16-17)

With that, the prophecy spoken by Isaiah would be fulfilled.  “Look! My servant whom I chose, my beloved, whom I have approved! I will put my spirit upon him, and what justice is he will make clear to the nations.  He will not quarrel nor cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the main streets.  No bruised reed will he crush, and no smoldering wick will he extinguish, until he brings justice with success.  Indeed, in his name nations will hope.” (Matthew 12:18-21)

Even though the religious leaders knew about this prophecy and saw the revelation of it being fulfilled right in front of them they began to reject this beloved servant whom was approved by God himself. So what happens next?

Last edited by BroRando : 04-10-2018 at 11:50 AM. Reason: beloved servant highlighted
Old 04-10-2018, 07:47 AM
Knight of the Forum

Arrow Re: What will God's King do for mankind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroRando View Post
Many proclaim that God's Kingdom is a feeling in your heart. Is this line of thinking accurate?..........
But in the days of those kingdoms the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, and his kingdom shall not be delivered up to another people, and it shall break in pieces, and shall consume all these kingdoms, and itself shall stand for ever.
-Daniel 2:44

The Church is a kingdom of the priesthood, which is one of the Church’s attributes.

And hath made us a kingdom, and priests to God and his Father, to him be glory and empire for ever and ever. Amen.
-Revelation 1:6

And hast made us to our God a kingdom and priests, and we shall reign on the earth.
-Revelation 5:10

But you are a chosen generation, a kingly priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people: that you may declare his virtues, who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:
-1 Peter 2:9

Be you also as living stones built up, a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
-1 Peter 2:5

Only ONE Christian church was established by Jesus and has existed since Christ was still on earth and will perpetually exist until the end of time [cf. Eph.3:21]. The kingdom of heaven was inaugurated on earth by Christ. This kingdom shined out before men in the word, works and in the presence of Christ.

The destiny of the People of God’s is the Kingdom of God which has been begun by God himself on earth and which must be further extended until it has been brought to perfection by him at the end of time.

The Church is ultimately one, holy, catholic, and apostolic in her deepest and ultimate identity, because it is in her that “the Kingdom of heaven,” the “Reign of God,” already exists and will be fulfilled at the end of time. The kingdom has come in the person of Christ and grows mysteriously in the hearts of those incorporated into him, until its full eschatological manifestation. Then all those he has redeemed and made “holy and blameless before him in love,” will be gathered together as the one People of God, the “Bride of the Lamb,” “the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God.”

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 04-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Suspended for Review

Did you notice how God called this one My Servant?

(Look! My servant, whom I support! My chosen one, whom I have approved! I have put my spirit in him; He will bring justice to the nations." Isaiah 42:1)

Slave can also be used. (Brown-Driver-Briggs I. עֶ֫בֶד799 noun masculine slave, servant) Most in Christendom, reject this scripture because it doesn't match Church Doctrine.

Now let's look at the fulfillment of this prophecy. The following scripture will shed some light on who this prophecy was speaking about as being God's Servant. "After being baptized, Jesus immediately came up from the water; and look! the heavens were opened up, and he saw God’s spirit descending like a dove and coming upon him.  Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.” (Matthew 3:15-16)

John the baptizer witnessed these things with many of his disciples. Jesus was baptized by Holy Spirit in October of 29 CE. The Book of Daniel actually points to the time period when the Christ would suddenly appear. The scripture most common was Malachi 3:1 in reference of the Lord coming to inspect the temple.

So here, people were asking, "Is John perhaps the Christ?" (Luke 3:15) With a mission to inspect the Temple, the Angel of the Covenant suddenly ARRIVED. "Behold, I send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me; and the Lord whom ye seek will suddenly come to his temple, and the Angel of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he cometh, saith Jehovah of hosts." (Malachi 3:1 Darby)

But the priests did not delight in him, but the common people surely delighted in him. Are you starting to SEE what the scriptures say...?

Christ in his pre human existence was a Prince, an angel, a servant, who was about to be exalted to Kingship. More to come......

Last edited by BroRando : 04-10-2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: inserted 'about'
Old 04-10-2018, 02:38 PM
Knight of the Forum

Arrow Re: What will God's King do for mankind?

Quote:
........Christ in his pre human existence was a Prince, an angel, a servant, who was about to be exalted to Kingship. More to come......
Absolutely FALSE. The Son of God IS God
He was in the beginning for all eternity.

The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirt are One God in Three Persons, the Thrice Holy Trinity.

QUOTE: Jehovah's Witnesses maintain that Jesus was Michael the archangel prior to his coming to earth. They assert: "Scriptural evidence indicates that the name Michael applied to God's Son before he left heaven to become Jesus Christ and also after his return" (Aid to Bible Understanding, Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, 1971, 1152).

They arrive at this erroneous belief primarily through a misinterpretation of (1) Daniel 10:13, 21, where reference is made to a "great prince," Michael; and (2) First Thessalonians 4:16, where the Lord Jesus is described as descending from heaven at the sound of the archangel's voice. The JWs' own New World Translation of the Bible reads, " . . . the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel's voice."

According to the JWs, Michael is the only angel other than Gabriel mentioned in the Bible, and Michael is the only one who is called an archangel. (The angel Raphael is mentioned in the book of Tobit, but since the Jehovah's Witnesses sprang from Protestantism, they use the Protestant canon of Scripture, which is missing this Old Testament book plus six others.)

Since the Lord Jesus descends from heaven "with an archangel's voice," the JWs understand this passage as "suggesting that he is, in fact, himself the archangel" (Aid to Bible Understanding, 1152).

While there are several problems with this line of reasoning, two points in particular easily reveal its fallacy. First, the fact that the Lord Jesus descends "with an archangel's voice" does not automatically mean that it is his own voice spoken of. This passage simply says that an archangel's voice will accompany the Lord's descent from heaven, in the same manner that the bailiff's voice ("All rise!") accompanies the judge's entrance into the courtroom.

Second, Hebrews 1:5 says, "For example, to which of the angels did he [God] ever say: 'You are my son; I, today, I have become your father'?" (New World Translation). The answer to the question is, of course, "none."

Thus, if God never called an angel his Son, then Michael--who is an angel--cannot be the Son. The fact that Michael is an archangel does not change anything, as he is still an angel by nature. An archangel is simply a "higher order" of angel, but an angel nonetheless; "arch-" simply means "ruling" or "high ranking."

source https://www.catholic.com/qa/is-it-tr...he-same-person

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
Old 04-10-2018, 02:49 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Hebrews 1:5 says, "For example, to which of the angels did he [God] ever say: 'You are my son; I, today, I have become your father'?" (New World Translation). The answer to the question is, of course, "none." [/size]
The ANSWER to which Angel is recorded at (Hebrews 5:5)

New International Version
In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father."

New Living Translation
That is why Christ did not honor himself by assuming he could become High Priest. No, he was chosen by God, who said to him, "You are my Son. Today I have become your Father."

English Standard Version
So also Christ did not exalt himself to be made a high priest, but was appointed by him who said to him, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”;

Berean Study Bible
So also Christ did not take upon Himself the glory of becoming a high priest, but He was called by the One who said to Him: "You are My Son, today I have become Your Father."

Berean Literal Bible
So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become a high priest, but the One having said to Him: "You are My Son, today I have begotten You."

New American Standard Bible
So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU";

"Behold, I send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me; and the Lord whom ye seek will suddenly come to his temple, and the Angel of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he cometh, saith Jehovah of hosts." (Malachi 3:1 Darby)

Anything else before you rudely interrupt me again? Jesus is High Priest and an Apostle...... (Hebrews 3:1)
Old 04-10-2018, 03:18 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
..........Anything else before you rudely interrupt me again? Jesus is High Priest and an Apostle...... (Hebrews 3:1)
LOL! Hey, I tried to keep your thread from getting locked for the third time. But now, I don't care. Your JW nonsense won't fly here, and responding to posts is what a forum is all about in case you didn't know. This forum is not your personal soap box for you to spew our your cult heresies while the rest of us shut up.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:21 PM
Knight of the Forum

My post from six years ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post

In response to the folks who keep beating the drum of the centuries old heresy that Jesus is not God, I wanted to post the following tract which demonstrates that not only is Jesus God, but that the first Christians believed he was God:

The Divinity of Christ
Source: LINK

Christ’s divinity is shown over and over again in the New Testament. For example, in John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

In John 20:28, Thomas falls at Jesus’ feet, exclaiming, "My Lord and my God!" (Greek: Ho Kurios mou kai ho Theos mou—literally, "The Lord of me and the God of me!")

In Philippians 2:6, Paul tells us that Christ Jesus "[w]ho, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped" (New International Version). So Jesus chose to be born in humble, human form though he could have simply remained in equal glory with the Father for he was "in very nature God."

Also significant are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. This is one of the Old Testament titles of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12).

This title is directly applied to Jesus three times in the book of Revelation: "When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’" (Rev. 1:17). "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’" (Rev. 2:8). "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end" (Rev. 22:12–13).

This last quote is especially significant since it applies to Jesus the parallel title "the Alpha and the Omega," which Revelation earlier applied to the Lord God: "‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

As the following quotes show, the early Church Fathers also recognized that Jesus Christ is God and were adamant in maintaining this precious truth.

Ignatius of Antioch
"Ignatius, also called Theophorus, to the Church at Ephesus in Asia . . . predestined from eternity for a glory that is lasting and unchanging, united and chosen through true suffering by the will of the Father in Jesus Christ our God" (Letter to the Ephesians 1 [A.D. 110]).

"For our God, Jesus Christ, was conceived by Mary in accord with God’s plan: of the seed of David, it is true, but also of the Holy Spirit" (ibid.,18:2).

"[T]o the Church beloved and enlightened after the love of Jesus Christ, our God, by the will of him that has willed everything which is" (Letter to the Romans 1 [A.D. 110]).

Aristides
"[Christians] are they who, above every people of the earth, have found the truth, for they acknowledge God, the Creator and maker of all things, in the only-begotten Son and in the Holy Spirit" (Apology 16 [A.D. 140]).

Tatian the Syrian
"We are not playing the fool, you Greeks, nor do we talk nonsense, when we report that God was born in the form of a man" (Address to the Greeks 21 [A.D. 170]).

Melito of Sardis
"It is no way necessary in dealing with persons of intelligence to adduce the actions of Christ after his baptism as proof that his soul and his body, his human nature, were like ours, real and not phantasmal. The activities of Christ after his baptism, and especially his miracles, gave indication and assurance to the world of the deity hidden in his flesh. Being God and likewise perfect man, he gave positive indications of his two natures: of his deity, by the miracles during the three years following after his baptism, of his humanity, in the thirty years which came before his baptism, during which, by reason of his condition according to the flesh, he concealed the signs of his deity, although he was the true God existing before the ages" (Fragment in Anastasius of Sinai’s The Guide 13 [A.D. 177]).

Irenaeus
"For the Church, although dispersed throughout the whole world even to the ends of the earth, has received from the apostles and from their disciples the faith in one God, Father Almighty, the creator of heaven and earth and sea and all that is in them; and in one Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who became flesh for our salvation; and in the Holy Spirit, who announced through the prophets the dispensations and the comings, and the birth from a Virgin, and the passion, and the resurrection from the dead, and the bodily ascension into heaven of the beloved Christ Jesus our Lord, and his coming from heaven in the glory of the Father to reestablish all things; and the raising up again of all flesh of all humanity, in order that to Jesus Christ our Lord and God and Savior and King, in accord with the approval of the invisible Father, every knee shall bend of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth . . . " (Against Heresies 1:10:1 [A.D. 189]).

"Nevertheless, what cannot be said of anyone else who ever lived, that he is himself in his own right God and Lord . . . may be seen by all who have attained to even a small portion of the truth" (ibid., 3:19:1).

Clement of Alexandria
"The Word, then, the Christ, is the cause both of our ancient beginning—for he was in God—and of our well-being. And now this same Word has appeared as man. He alone is both God and man, and the source of all our good things" (Exhortation to the Greeks 1:7:1 [A.D. 190]).
"Despised as to appearance but in reality adored, [Jesus is] the expiator, the Savior, the soother, the divine Word, he that is quite evidently true God, he that is put on a level with the Lord of the universe because he was his Son" (ibid., 10:110:1).

Tertullian
"The origins of both his substances display him as man and as God: from the one, born, and from the other, not born" (The Flesh of Christ 5:6–7 [A.D. 210]).

"That there are two gods and two Lords, however, is a statement which we will never allow to issue from our mouth; not as if the Father and the Son were not God, nor the Spirit God, and each of them God; but formerly two were spoken of as gods and two as Lords, so that when Christ would come, he might both be acknowledged as God and be called Lord, because he is the Son of him who is both God and Lord" (Against Praxeas 13:6 [A.D. 216]).

Origen
"Although he was God, he took flesh; and having been made man, he remained what he was: God" (The Fundamental Doctrines 1:0:4 [A.D. 225]).

Hippolytus
"Only [God’s] Word is from himself and is therefore also God, becoming the substance of God" (Refutation of All Heresies 10:33 [A.D. 228]).

Hippolytus of Rome
"For Christ is the God over all, who has arranged to wash away sin from mankind, rendering the old man new" (ibid., 10:34).

Novatian
"If Christ was only man, why did he lay down for us such a rule of believing as that in which he said, ‘And this is life eternal, that they should know you, the only and true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent?’ [John 17:3]. Had he not wished that he also should be understood to be God, why did he add, ‘And Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent,’ except because he wished to be received as God also? Because if he had not wished to be understood to be God, he would have added, ‘And the man Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent;’ but, in fact, he neither added this, nor did Christ deliver himself to us as man only, but associated himself with God, as he wished to be understood by this conjunction to be God also, as he is. We must therefore believe, according to the rule prescribed, on the Lord, the one true God, and consequently on him whom he has sent, Jesus Christ, who by no means, as we have said, would have linked himself to the Father had he not wished to be understood to be God also. For he would have separated himself from him had he not wished to be understood to be God" (Treatise on the Trinity 16 [A.D. 235]).

Cyprian of Carthage
"One who denies that Christ is God cannot become his temple [of the Holy Spirit] . . . " (Letters 73:12 [A.D. 253]).

Gregory the Wonderworker
"There is one God, the Father of the living Word, who is his subsistent wisdom and power and eternal image: perfect begetter of the perfect begotten, Father of the only-begotten Son. There is one Lord, only of the only, God of God, image and likeness of deity, efficient Word, wisdom comprehensive of the constitution of all things, and power formative of the whole creation, true Son of true Father, invisible of invisible, and incorruptible of incorruptible, and immortal of immortal and eternal of eternal. . . . And thus neither was the Son ever wanting to the Father, nor the Spirit to the Son; but without variation and without change, the same Trinity abides ever" (Declaration of Faith [A.D. 265]).

Arnobius
"‘Well, then,’ some raging, angry, and excited man will say, ‘is that Christ your God?’ ‘God indeed,’ we shall answer, ‘and God of the hidden powers’" (Against the Pagans 1:42 [A.D. 305]).

Lactantius
"He was made both Son of God in the spirit and Son of man in the flesh, that is, both God and man" (Divine Institutes 4:13:5 [A.D. 307]).
"We, on the other hand, are [truly] religious, who make our supplications to the one true God. Someone may perhaps ask how, when we say that we worship one God only, we nevertheless assert that there are two, God the Father and God the Son—which assertion has driven many into the greatest error . . . [thinking] that we confess that there is another God, and that he is mortal. . . . [But w]hen we speak of God the Father and God the Son, we do not speak of them as different, nor do we separate each, because the Father cannot exist without the Son, nor can the Son be separated from the Father" (ibid., 4:28–29).

Council of Nicaea I
"We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, God from God, light from light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in being with the Father. Through him all things were made" (Creed of Nicaea [A.D. 325]).

"But those who say, ‘There was a time when he [the Son] did not exist,’ and ‘Before he was born, he did not exist,’ and ‘Because he was made from non-existing matter, he is either of another substance or essence,’ and those who call ‘God the Son of God changeable and mutable,’ these the Catholic Church anathematizes" (Appendix to the Creed of Nicaea [A.D. 325]).

Patrick of Ireland

"Jesus Christ is the Lord and God in whom we believe, and whose coming we expect will soon take place, the judge of the living and the dead, who will render to everyone according to his works" (Confession of St. Patrick 4 [A.D. 452]).

Old 04-10-2018, 03:49 PM
Suspended for Review

"So he has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs.." (Hebrews 1:4)

So tell us, If Jesus is God, then how did God become better than the angels?

You mean before God inherited a more excellent name than theirs, he was worse than the angels?
Isn't that a false teaching?

Who gave God his name? A superior Angel? Which angel would be superior to God to even give God a name so he becomes better than the angels? Wasn't God always better than the angels?

When you insert the trinity into scripture see how the scripture reject it?

Paul claimed to be the I AM. Is he God now? Paul knew Jesus Christ was an angel. (Galatians 4:14)

New American Standard 1977
and that which was a trial to you in my bodily condition you did not despise or loathe, but you received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus Himself.

Jubilee Bible 2000
And my affliction which was in my flesh ye did not despise, nor reject but ye received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.

King James 2000 Bible
And my trial which was in my flesh you despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.

American King James Version
And my temptation which was in my flesh you despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.

Closed Thread