Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Bible Chat  > Caught up in Abram/Abraham

Old 05-12-2017, 07:24 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Caught up in Abram/Abraham

G'day all;
Currently I've found myself looping the life of Abraham.One of the things I've noticed are the time God didn't speak verses when he did speak.There were times in his life when 'I' felt God should have spoken directly to Abram. Or maybe he did just not the way I would have.
Of course that causes me to resist the whole 'if I were God' Hamster wheel also.I try to step close and look at the nuances in the original and back out to just an over view. I search different translations and commentaries. I Brushed the events of Abrams life with broad stroke in our Saturday morning men meeting and got their thoughts for my benefit.(by the way just for fun we named the group'Pirate Monk men's fellowship'.)
I'm always amazed at Gods dealing with mankind both B.C. and A.D.
1Jn 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-12-2017, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Caught up in Abram/Abraham

I don't know that this is an answer to your question, but Abraham probably never wrote anything down. Scribes do that. Abraham probably told Isaac some of the things that God told him, and on down the line, and somewhere along the line Moses, an Egyptian trained prince wrote down either oral or written histories (that are unknown to us today), or God had a running conversation with Moses something like this.... No Moses, I meant Enoch the city, not Enoch, the seventh from Adam, and make sure to emphasize such and such. Or perhaps you believe that Moses merely perfectly recorded (with the help of God's power) what God told him to say for the entire first five books of the old testament.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-2017, 07:22 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Caught up in Abram/Abraham

That sounds right.I amazes me as i read the Old Testament how as God is dealing with man how infinitely patient he is.Even as in parts of Abraham story he struggled with the 'how' of what God was doing yet God (ever Faithful) stayed close to him to fulfill his will in his Good time.Much the same as Christ did with the 12.

Blessings
1Jn 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.