Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Bible Chat  > Not living God's Word, means not going to heaven, right?

Old 07-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Suspended for Review

Default Not living God's Word, means not going to heaven, right?

Not living God's Word means not going to heaven, right?

The following verses tell us that, is that not right?

(Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

(Luke 8:21) “My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and put it into practice.”

(Luke 11:26) “But he replied, ‘Still happier those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

(Luke 11:27-28) “It happened that as he was speaking, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said, 'Blessed the womb that bore you and the breasts that fed you!' But he replied, 'More blessed still are those who hear the word of God and keep it!'”

(John 12:47-48) “If anyone hears my words and does not keep them faithfully, it is not I who shall condemn him, since I have come not to condemn the world, but to save the world: he who rejects me and refuses my words has his judge already: the word itself that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.”

Last edited by Johnlove : 07-28-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:20 AM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: Not living God's Word, means not going to heaven, right?

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnlove View Post

(Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”
This is rather specific!

but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven.

Jesus did the will of His Father in heaven.
How many people do you know who have done/do what Jesus did.
Can you recall what He did.

And here is people doing some of the things that Jesus did!

‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’

Quote:
(Luke 8:21) “My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and put it into practice.”
These people above did seem to be putting it into practice.
Brothers would surely share the same attributes as Jesus.
Similar skills as it were.

Quote:
(Luke 11:26) “But he replied, ‘Still happier those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
This might be a little more easier to do. The miracle stuff might be a bit much.
Yeah, hear it and keep it. We can do that.
Perhaps!

Quote:
(Luke 11:27-28) “It happened that as he was speaking, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said, 'Blessed the womb that bore you and the breasts that fed you!' But he replied, 'More blessed still are those who hear the word of God and keep it!'”
Reinforce that one.

Quote:
(John 12:47-48) “If anyone hears my words and does not keep them faithfully, it is not I who shall condemn him, since I have come not to condemn the world, but to save the world: he who rejects me and refuses my words has his judge already: the word itself that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.”
None of us here would reject Jesus. That might let us off the hook.
I don't even think our resident atheists would reject most teachings of Jesus.
The spirit thing might be a bit difficult to contemplate but Jesus seems to be a pretty good guy.

No miraculous stuff required it might seem.

What is for you that will get you into heaven Johnlove?
How do you define living God's word?

Just not sinning?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:31 AM
Suspended for Review

[quote=CinderAsh;185934]
Quote:

This is rather specific!

but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven.

Jesus did the will of His Father in heaven.
How many people do you know who have done/do what Jesus did.
Can you recall what He did.

And here is people doing some of the things that Jesus did!

‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’

These people above did seem to be putting it into practice.
Brothers would surely share the same attributes as Jesus.
Similar skills as it were.

This might be a little more easier to do. The miracle stuff might be a bit much.
Yeah, hear it and keep it. We can do that.
Perhaps!

Reinforce that one.

None of us here would reject Jesus. That might let us off the hook.
I don't even think our resident atheists would reject most teachings of Jesus.
The spirit thing might be a bit difficult to contemplate but Jesus seems to be a pretty good guy.

No miraculous stuff required it might seem.

What is for you that will get you into heaven Johnlove?
How do you define living God's word?

Just not sinning?
Yes living God's Word is not sinning. To disobey a commandment of God’s is sin.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:

[/size][/b]
What is God's will?

John 6:40
this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

And who are the evil men/workers of iniquity?

It refers to those in unbelief, which includes legalists who determine righteousness by obedience to the law.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz View Post
What is God's will?

John 6:40
this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

And who are the evil men/workers of iniquity?

It refers to those in unbelief, which includes legalists who determine righteousness by obedience to the law.
When one believes in God he or she obeys God. Believing entails much more the accepting God is. Satan believes.

(John 12:47-48) “If anyone hears my words and does not keep them faithfully, it is not I who shall condemn him, since I have come not to condemn the world, but to save the world: he who rejects me and refuses my words has his judge already; the word itself that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.”

Now see what the Father said for the disciples to do.

(Matthew 17:50 “While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered ...when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said,
“This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”

When one is told to listen to someone he or she knows they are to obey them.

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

You can go one believing that just accepting Jesus as one’s savior is all that God want from his people, but ?
Old 08-02-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:

If you mean the Scriptures, no. We are not to judge who will go to heaven or not that is God's job. People will be surprised to see who is in Heaven and who is not
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
When one believes in God he or she obeys God. Believing entails much more the accepting God is. Satan believes.
You seem to have missed the point.
Legalists often refer to the same as you have (James 2:19), misunderstanding what James 2 is about.

Jesus was asked what works we should do (John 6:28).
He replied "believe on him whom He hath sent", John 6:29.

These are our works that shows our faith.

But the law is not of faith, Gal 3:12.
Yet it's always the law that the legalists bring up as works that shows our faith.
Legalists refuse to believe in God's promise that if we believe on Jesus we will have eternal life.

Paul used to be a legalist but he repented of his dead works and believed on Jesus.

Phil 3:8,9
I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Paul obeyed God's will.
Likewise so did the thief on the cross who called Jesus "Lord".

Quote:
(John 12:47-48) “If anyone hears my words and does not keep them faithfully, it is not I who shall condemn him, since I have come not to condemn the world, but to save the world: he who rejects me and refuses my words has his judge already; the word itself that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.”

And what is his commandment?
John 12:50
And I know that his commandment is life everlasting

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

Legalists disobey his commandment. They reject righteousness by faith. They refuse to submit to the righteousness of God.

Rom 10:4
For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Quote:
You can go one believing that just accepting Jesus as one’s savior is all that God want from his people, but ?
The thief on the cross who called Jesus "Lord" accepted Jesus as his savior. And he was told that he would be in paradise. And we all know that that was without any works of the law.

That thief on the cross was God's example to legalists that we are saved by grace.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz View Post
You seem to have missed the point.
Legalists often refer to the same as you have (James 2:19), misunderstanding what James 2 is about.

Jesus was asked what works we should do (John 6:28).
He replied "believe on him whom He hath sent", John 6:29.

These are our works that shows our faith.

But the law is not of faith, Gal 3:12.
Yet it's always the law that the legalists bring up as works that shows our faith.
Legalists refuse to believe in God's promise that if we believe on Jesus we will have eternal life.

Paul used to be a legalist but he repented of his dead works and believed on Jesus.

Phil 3:8,9
I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Paul obeyed God's will.
Likewise so did the thief on the cross who called Jesus "Lord".

And what is his commandment?
John 12:50
And I know that his commandment is life everlasting

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

Legalists disobey his commandment. They reject righteousness by faith. They refuse to submit to the righteousness of God.

Rom 10:4
For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

The thief on the cross who called Jesus "Lord" accepted Jesus as his savior. And he was told that he would be in paradise. And we all know that that was without any works of the law.

That thief on the cross was God's example to legalists that we are saved by grace.
I wonder who it is that has missed the point?

You place a label on someone which is nothing but a straw man’s argument, and go on as if your label defines the other person.

No you and I don’t have anything to discuss.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:35 PM
StanJ

Quote:

You place a label on someone which is nothing but a straw man’s argument, and go on as if your label defines the other person.

As you are the one that is constantly saying this to EVERYONE, I'm pretty sure it is YOU who has missed the point. Judging all Christians here because they won't accept your POV of scripture, is wrong and judgmental, so you're sinning, even though you claim you don't. I could care less that you sin, but claiming you don't and doing so sins against God, even though you claim to have the voice of Jesus on your side.
I will again say to you that the voice you are hearing is NOT Jesus, but Satan manifesting himself as an angel of light in your life.
Time to wake up and smell the coffee John, or don't. The message you get back is not going to change, just as God doesn't change.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:

You're the one listing commandments, and claiming that if we do not obey them then we're lost sinners.

Is the commandment below also part of your list of commandments that must be kept to remain saved?

Luke 14:26
If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

Is keeping the Sabbath another of the commandments?

Is the law of righteousness the measure you use to determine if one is righteous?