She could not see why her mother said Christie Devlin was sought by all in times of crisis: Una Maguire would have made the tea, all right, and then talked rapidly about anything to fill the air in case anyone started talking about what was really wrong.
But Christie said little, and waited calmly and serenely in case Faye needed to talk. And she’d know when there was a deep, flesh of pain. She was thinking of herself as a teenager when the painful subjects had never been touched upon.
If Christie had been her mother, she’d had seen the trouble Maggie was going through from the very first days she came home from school, shell-shocked at the naked hatred she’d encountered from the gang of bullies.
There are some breathtaking places on earth. Can you imagine how beautiful heaven must be? However God Himself is more awesome than the places He created.
Devotional Prayer Book II
Living the Life
If you think you are better than others, when you really aren’t, you are wrong. Do your own work well, and then you will have something to be proud of.
I'm not as handy with the computer as I like to be, but a freind and brother 'Ped' showed concern for me and my blogs. He raised the concern that someone else could use my handle and the generic black and white image to take advantage of what we've built here. And I prayed for the Lord to select a photo as a narrower trademark on my blogs, even if I use another name or handle on another site. I asked the Lord to protect this photo as a personal stamp on my work or my work for the Lord that is.
It's kind of curious. I wanted to upload another photo, but I'm led in heart by the Lord the one I chose, he chose is the only one the system accepted. It's a picture of a boy flying a kite in the horizon background. I like the double thought of being a morning dawn or a late afternoon play in the park. But I hadn't realize how dangerous was for someone to just jump in and start saying stuff in my name or the Lord in my name. So I just wanted to ask you for your prayers for this stamp photo.
I tell you all this things because the source of my success is that I'm very simple and can make mountain out of any molehill in sometimes the bad sense but mostly in the positive sense. The album where I got this photo is called "Something to remeber the Lord by..." And certainly all creation beautiful as it is reminds me of the glory of Creator God. So keep me in your prayers. And when you see the photo of the boy flying the contest, you can think its 95% its me. The other 5% I leave in the hands of God.